Everything you need to know about women in Mexico

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
mlano2
Freshman Poster

Everything you need to know about women in Mexico

Post by mlano2 »

Hey all,

I'm going to be visiting Mexico City and Oaxaca for two weeks to a month.

I am anxious that going there, somehow it won't be the real deal (I haven't left the bay area in 5+ years, I've only left California twice, and I've never left the nation, so I know my perspective is skewed)

I'm worried that I'm so tall, I'll appear freakish.

The average Mexican male height is 5'5", and I'm 6'2", thats a whole nine inches taller than average, so I feel like I might be too tall there to be attractive, that the women rather than pointing and staring in awe, will do so in humorous ways.

I'm also interested in race.

Falcon, whose posts are a treasure trove I keep coming back to and salivating over, is asian.

Would women be more attracted to a white man, or just anyone with light skin?

I would like to know some common mistakes us white american men make when visiting mexico for the other gender, and for the first time.

Finally, I would like to know a sure-fire way (or closest to it) of getting laid whilst I'm there, as I would be rather annoyed going home empty handed. No prostitution. Not only do I not have hundreds of dollars to blow, but I find the idea of someone not loving me for who I am rather unfulfilling.

If you guys know any great local places, general areas for me to hit up, whatever, please do tell, I'm all ears.

P.S.
I am well-versed in PUA and its ideologies, I would like to know: does it work down there? and if not, how else do you go about meeting women, chatting them up, and escalating?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Twobrains
Freshman Poster

Post by Twobrains »

Not so long ago I was in Mexico City for 5 days. I'm 6'2", caucasian, fairly good looking. I got no special attention at all, positive or negative. There are so many gringo visitors in that city, you won't stand out unless you're George Clooney, believe me. Mexicans are pretty laid back, in my experience, and they're not going to make a big fuss either way.

As for sure-fire ways to get laid, I hammered POF and OKCupid for a few weeks before I went. A few casual friendships came out of it, but no lays in M. City. I'm a middle-aged guy, though, and it seems the maximum age difference women would contemplate was about ten years. If you are of an age that you can pull girls in their twenties you may have a lot better luck as they tend to have looser morals, I hear. It's still a VERY Catholic country, though. Social circle is everything!

I haven't been to Oaxaca, but heard many good things about it - friendlier people, interesting local culture etc. And you'll be more of a rarity there.

Good luck!
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Social circle - I agree.

Best: let the folks you whom are going to visit down there - business, friends, whatever - know that you are single and would like to meet some Mexican girls, plural. Facebook them or text them a pic of you, outdoors, doing something you enjoy, or with friends, guys ok or preferably hot girls. That way they can share it with friends. Females will hook you up with other females.

If no social circle, relax, chill, go do some things you like as a solo tourist in areas you might find a nice girl. Souvenirs, shopping, arts and crafts, etc - anything retail.

If you don't bring fluent Spanish, bring a Mexican friend along who won't cockblock.

Good luck.

Don't think about geting laid. Just enjoy the experience.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
mlano2
Freshman Poster

Post by mlano2 »

Well, I just turned eighteen, so I think I'll be squarely focused on younger women.

I can choose how much time to spend in Mexico city vs Oaxaca, Twobrains, are you saying my luck would be better in Oaxaca? The only thing I'm worried about is the women in Oaxaca being too native for me. Like most men here, I prefer lighter skinned girls.

I have no social circle there to rely on, and I'm going with my father who could be a bit of a cockblock, so I'm going to be essentially flying solo whilst I'm there.

I don't really know any spanish other than a few words here and there.

Jester, could you elaborate why you say I shouldn't think about getting laid?
To me, that's like planning to go somewhere, and then not even thinking about why you're going.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Welcome mlano2 - Glad all my random posts could be of some help. :wink: I am 6'0", just 2 inches shorter than you, and I don't stick out that much. I also first went to Mexico by myself when I was 18.
I haven't been to Oaxaca, but heard many good things about it - friendlier people, interesting local culture etc. And you'll be more of a rarity there.
Oaxaca City is actually also full of gringos, but you'll definitely stand out from all the other ones if you speak good Spanish. Most of them seem to be European backpackers. It feels like a small colonial town rather than a bustling, confusing metropolis like Mexico City or Guadalajara. Be sure to say hi to all my Mixtec accordionist friends and Triqui vendor friends while you're around the Alcala pedestrian street in downtown Oaxaca City. :D
Jester wrote:Don't think about geting laid. Just enjoy the experience.
I absolutely agree. Same applies for all countries, except for the red-light districts.
Would women be more attracted to a white man, or just anyone with light skin?
Spanish language skills will matter far more than skin color. Nearly all members who have had great success in Latin America are those who can speak Spanish very well, and they are of all kinds of different races (AmericanInMexico - white; OTB - black; me - Asian). The ONE thing you will need to work on the most is speaking Spanish; don't worry about the rest.

Try bringing a musical instrument or something unique if you want to spice things up. GuitarGuy996 scored dates in south India by playing (of course) his guitar.

Have fun!
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

mlano2 wrote:Jester, could you elaborate why you say I shouldn't think about getting laid?
To me, that's like planning to go somewhere, and then not even thinking about why you're going.
I said it hoping you would trust me and just do it. Not sure it works if you analyze it to death.

The idea is, if you are around nice Mexican girls who don't want to be seen as engaging in a "hookup" with an itinerant gringo, that nothing will happen if you are too eager. At least not with well-raised "family girls". But things COULD happen if you genuinely relaxed and didn't try too hard and had a good time and made friends. Serendipity.

Actually though your second post makes it clearer that you already know what you're doing with women, so I'm not too worried about how you'll do.
Twobrains
Freshman Poster

Post by Twobrains »

mlano2 wrote:I can choose how much time to spend in Mexico city vs Oaxaca, Twobrains, are you saying my luck would be better in Oaxaca? The only thing I'm worried about is the women in Oaxaca being too native for me. Like most men here, I prefer lighter skinned girls.
As I said, I haven't been to Oaxaca, just heard that people there are more friendly than in the big cities I went to. I guess the girls will be mostly darker skinned there because the further south you go, the darker (and shorter) they get, as I understand it. Why not try them - you might develop a taste for them. :)
Hax
Freshman Poster

Post by Hax »

Hello guys.. this is my first post in this forum.. have been reading most of the threads related to Mexico though..

So I have been going to Mexico for almost 30 years.. lived there for several.. made something like 7- trips overall..

Been in about 20 states..

had a variety of girlfriends from different backgrounds..

So.. that said.. next post I will respond to the topic of the thread.
Hax
Freshman Poster

Post by Hax »

ok I see I am posting in a thread that is about a year old.. so I am going to keep it short in case no one is paying attention..

learn Spanish.. otherwise you will get nowhere with girls or anyone else.

Forget all the PUA stuff. If a Mexican girl is into you she will let you know right away.

Age gaps.. that depends on the man.. and how agile he is.

Nice girls don't f**k. So.. don't even think about trying to f**k them. You are just wasting time. However.. there is an exception to that rule. In the right place and time you can pull nice girls.. but it can't be around any chance of their friends or family finding out. "Religiosas" are HOT.. all that sitting around being a virgin.. what do you think they are thinking about ALL the time?

Girls that will f**k.. aren't nice and they are not keepers.

if you are 18 and trying to get laid.. you will be disappointed. If you are 18 and just hanging out and being normal and honest and a loyal friend you might get laid but simply do not even try.

Also there are a lot of gays now.. years ago they were all underground but not anymore.. lots of gay chicks too. But its different than in the States.

South of Mexico City I think generally speaking the people are nicer.. but.. more conservative socially. Hard to pull one nighters.. have to build trust.

hahah soo much for keeping it short..
travelsouth
Freshman Poster

Post by travelsouth »

Yea I know this thread is old, but I want to post in it too. I actually don't think the women are that laid back. The young women with jobs are pretty darn busy and active. I do think the people are very industrious, and I personally think the women have a lot of good qualities. At 18 I can't understand exactly what the OP is looking for. He's got no reason to get married anytime soon. If he has the cash he should party (get his feet wet). Better yet for him to take some friends as he is probably pretty green. We all are green and have to learn so it is best not to learn the hard way in Mexico City.

Believe it or not the city is a big business hub and women have jobs and opportunity. If you want that big age difference you just have to look next door in the state of Mexico. You shouldn't believe that Mexican girls don't want gringos because that is not true at all. But if you are 50 trying to party it up in the hippest venues with 20 years olds then yea they don't care.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Jester wrote:
Social circle - I agree.

Best: let the folks you whom are going to visit down there - business, friends, whatever - know that you are single and would like to meet some Mexican girls, plural. Facebook them or text them a pic of you, outdoors, doing something you enjoy, or with friends, guys ok or preferably hot girls. That way they can share it with friends. Females will hook you up with other females.

If no social circle, relax, chill, go do some things you like as a solo tourist in areas you might find a nice girl. Souvenirs, shopping, arts and crafts, etc - anything retail.

If you don't bring fluent Spanish, bring a Mexican friend along who won't cockblock.

Good luck.

Don't think about geting laid. Just enjoy the experience.
This shit I said sounds really wise. Going to have to follow my own advice, now that I'm down there.

:lol:
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

(post deleted)
Last edited by Jester on February 24th, 2014, 11:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Hax wrote:ok I see I am posting in a thread that is about a year old.. so I am going to keep it short in case no one is paying attention..

learn Spanish.. otherwise you will get nowhere with girls or anyone else.

Forget all the PUA stuff. If a Mexican girl is into you she will let you know right away.

Age gaps.. that depends on the man.. and how agile he is.

Nice girls don't f**k. So.. don't even think about trying to f**k them. You are just wasting time. However.. there is an exception to that rule. In the right place and time you can pull nice girls.. but it can't be around any chance of their friends or family finding out. "Religiosas" are HOT.. all that sitting around being a virgin.. what do you think they are thinking about ALL the time?

Girls that will f**k.. aren't nice and they are not keepers.

if you are 18 and trying to get laid.. you will be disappointed. If you are 18 and just hanging out and being normal and honest and a loyal friend you might get laid but simply do not even try.

Also there are a lot of gays now.. years ago they were all underground but not anymore.. lots of gay chicks too. But its different than in the States.

South of Mexico City I think generally speaking the people are nicer.. but.. more conservative socially. Hard to pull one nighters.. have to build trust.

hahah soo much for keeping it short..
A lot of truth here, from what I've seen in my short time in MX.

+1

please post some more!