Live forever in the Dominican Republic

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
yapi1000
Freshman Poster

Live forever in the Dominican Republic

Post by yapi1000 »

My name is Domenico , 55 years old, and I am Italian. I´ll like to share my experience in Dominican Republic.
I decided to change my life style, I wasen´t motived to continue to live in my country..too many different taxes and fees to pay. When I was 20 I dreamed about Caribbean.
So I started to investigate different countries, cost of life, investments, culture, weather, etc.
My decision was made: first Country will be Dominican Republic. I had some saving and looking for a good investment. I starting reading newspapers, real estate magazine, etc
I met an Italian Engineer who lives in this island, since 20 years; he is managing a Resort nearby the beach, Italian style and very good constructions and installations. The Resort had small villas on sale and I decided to buy one , with 200 m2 of garden with only 49.000 dollars. I have access to all facilities (beach, swimming pool, etc.)
Same investment in Italy will allow me to buy a small garage.
Finally I live in peace and freedom; no more stress, no more taxes, better quality of life.
I do not regret my choice. Unfortunately all governors and politicians have in mind their own profit and power.
Finally I have time to dedicated to myself and my new friends; some of them are Italian and they like to come over and spend some time by the swimming pool, eating lobster and shrimps.
My new dream is to found an International community, exchanging ideas, culture, food.
If you are interested, write to yapi1000@yahoo.es. I will be happy to answer them all.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Live forever in the Dominican Republic

Post by Jester »

yapi1000 wrote:My name is Domenico , 55 years old, and I am Italian. I´ll like to share my experience in Dominican Republic.
I decided to change my life style, I wasen´t motived to continue to live in my country..too many different taxes and fees to pay. When I was 20 I dreamed about Caribbean.
So I started to investigate different countries, cost of life, investments, culture, weather, etc.
My decision was made: first Country will be Dominican Republic. I had some saving and looking for a good investment. I starting reading newspapers, real estate magazine, etc
I met an Italian Engineer who lives in this island, since 20 years; he is managing a Resort nearby the beach, Italian style and very good constructions and installations. The Resort had small villas on sale and I decided to buy one , with 200 m2 of garden with only 49.000 dollars. I have access to all facilities (beach, swimming pool, etc.)
Same investment in Italy will allow me to buy a small garage.
Finally I live in peace and freedom; no more stress, no more taxes, better quality of life.
I do not regret my choice. Unfortunately all governors and politicians have in mind their own profit and power.
Finally I have time to dedicated to myself and my new friends; some of them are Italian and they like to come over and spend some time by the swimming pool, eating lobster and shrimps.
My new dream is to found an International community, exchanging ideas, culture, food.
If you are interested, write to yapi1000@yahoo.es. I will be happy to answer them all.
Welcome Domenico, where are you in the DR?
onezero4u
Freshman Poster

Post by onezero4u »

awesome!!! welcome aboard!
marriage is a 3 ring circus: engagement ring, wedding ring and then suffering.