I don't get this list. I mean, for example compare 6 and 10 on the pros list to 1,3, 9, 10, 11, and 13 on the cons list. All my hispanic buddies who have dealt with them (in PR or here in the US) have on several occasion referred to them as the "black women of Latin America". Also, why would 4 or 16 on the pros list be pluses?Jvargasbronx wrote:In my life puerto rican women are good women with a dark side.
Here's my list of the pros and cons of puerto rican women.
1. Most of puerto rican women are bilingual.
2. Puerto rican women are extremely feminine.
3. They are excellent caregivers and revere their children, male or female.
4. Puerto rican women love to party and enjoy dancing.
5. Puerto rican women love things that are feminine.
6. Puerto rican women are famed for their strong family bonds and traditional roles.
7. Puerto rican women are very sexual and loyal.
8. They are strong minded individuals.
9. They are up to date on modern fashions, wear provocative clothing, and wear cosmetics.
10. They treat men like kings in the bedroom and home.
11. They can make any man instantly fall in love with their swift moves and confidence.
12. They partticipate in many sport activites, going to the beaches, and love to travel.
13. They pursue higher degrees and many will attend colleges in the states.
14. They will never walk out of their homes unmade.
15. Bit short but have perfect full figures with a bit of a trunk.
16. They love to show off their assets.
17. They take education very seriously.
18. Puerto rican women are very sexy.
19. These women love to stand out by wearing outlandish jewelry and clothing.
Now for the cons
1. They are very dominant in a relationship and home.
2. Puerto rican women will expect to be put on a pedestal and all attention is to be on her.
3. Puerto rican women are not subservient to men.
4. They are notorious for having hot tempers.
5. When in comes to looks, it's very important to them, Men that aren't well groomed are shunned.
6. Wondering eyes will cause jealously and a public mood swing will ensue upon them.
7. They constantly want to be lavished with innuendo.
8. They will be turned off by any man that cannot perform her expectations.
9. They have been known to make a scene and participate in domestic abuse.
10. Most likely for modern puerto rican women not giving up their careers in order to start their families.
11. They took female empowerment very seriously (feminism).
12. She will likely not tolerate a bum or any man that does not strive to have things.
13. They're very bossy when they demanding respect.
14. Their fathers are obsessed over their daughters and treat them like little princesses.
15. Puerto rican women have very high expectations.
16. If a man cheated on a puerto rican woman, she'll get very upset (Other words,she will not tolerate a cheating man).
17. They crave jealous behavior in their men.
People out here share me your opinions about puerto rican women. You can agree or disagree I'll accept your thoughts and opinions.
Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.
View Active Topics View Your Posts Latest 100 Topics FAQ Topics Mobile Friendly Theme
Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
I think the what you are sensing is the impulse for some PR men to extoll pathalogies in their women as virtues. Part of this comes from PR nationalism and pride, and another part comes from internalized feminism that the PR culture refers to as "Marianismo."
One associate of mine bragged that PR "has really strong women." When I told him I thought that was a bad thing, he looked confused. Later months revealed that he no longer loved his wife, and he had affairs on the side because he was afraid to leave the wife for fear of financial and legal ruin.
I find far too many PR men to be in a fog regarding their women. Marianismo (look it up!) must be exposed, and these men must be made to free themselves of the cultural clutches of their women.
You are very correct contrarian expatriate, The ideas within marianismo include those of feminine passivity and sexual purity. There is power in marianismo that stems from the female ability to produce life. PR women are far too strong and that's not a good thing for a man to like.
most puerto rican women are part black similar racially to black women also nyc women epicenter of "ball bustin bitches" (tom leykis) and how many puerto rican women have you meet that dont have a ny accent.
Oh, the usual. I bowl. Drive around. The occasional acid flashback. (The Dude)
the dude abides
Ok I have a question now. I moved about 2-1/2 months ago and there is a puerto rican girl who lives accross the hall from me. We started talking almost right away and we seem to get along pretty well and we talk almost everyday, if not in person, texting. I am attracted to her and I think the feelin may be mutual. However I don't have much experiance with puerto rican women. I've dated black, white and mexican but never a puerto rican. Now after reading this post I dont know if I should go for it or not. I have heard her temper and she can yell thats for sure but, she seems cool though and very nice, sweet even. My question is, what am I in for if I go for the next step in our friendship? I was gonna ask her out on a date and see where it goes but now im almost thinking I may be getting myself into something I should'nt have. Please any advise will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.........
If you are in NY, there are more PR guys than girls. The guys are all over them. Very hard to get a PR girl in NY. Even if you are rich, etc.
If you are in PR and want a girl- you need to have some kind of job and a car. No job, no car- no girl.
Being able to speak Spanish is a plus, but no money/job, no car= no girl. Capiche?
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Much like black american women. I have absolutely no attraction to them. PR women by far for me are the most ignorant women I have ever encountered. They are gross and tend to embrace ghetto culture to a max. On the other hand you also have the J-LO conservative white man worshiping version also. Much like their asian female counterpart. they are involved in some corporate job or culture. They tend to play down their ethnic roots and look down on their own people while rejecting and degrading their own men. For me there are no 'PRO's to PR women.
Here are some "PRO's" from your beloved PR women. Always acting like ladies in public.
Well I'm from PR and those ghetto women don't represent the real ones. The puertorricans that moved to New York in 1930's came from the country side and were not educated so that ghetto barrio culture has stuck with them for generations. I will not defend the normal educated puertorrican woman either cause since PR is a US Commonwealth the girls here are no different from AW in general no matter their ethnicity. They are all shallow, self centered and very selfish just like in the mainland. One of the main reasons why I met my fiancee in Europe and why pretty much I'm moving to Europe.
I actually wanted to see a catfight. Why did the white girl just sit there?
"Manginas grovel. Men travel." - me (04/17/2012)
"I used to be one of those men who believed that men are better than women at everything. Then I stood corrected!
Women are better than men at... getting fat." - me (02/24/2013)
Black women suck at life.
NO! The ones on the island are WORSE. While they are not ghetto like in the video, they are man-haters and invoke the state to gain advantage over men.
Women in the countryside are far better than the chunk of the population that lives in the San Juan Metro area.
Puerto Rican women are the worst women I have encountered in the WORLD. It is a shame, because the men tend to be some of the coolest guys in the world, but they are defeated by feminism, marianismo, and the state. There is no wonder why PR has the fasted growing divorce rate in the world.
Well like I said on my post before. They are just like the rest of AW in the mainland which is why I voted with my feet and will be moving abroad. Also those New York Ricans as we call them are not liked by most people in the island because they New York Ricans think that they are superior to the people on the island so when they travel here they bring their nasty ghetto behavior. But you are right Divorce rates here are very high and they do count as the national divorce count on the US since we are a US Territory. If there was advice I would give my fellow men here is skip Puerto Rico if you plan on looking for women. Go to other countries in the caribbean or latin america or the country that best suits you.
You and I essentially agree on our conclusion about PR women, but we differ in that I believe they are considerably worse than US mainland women. Just because PR women hold US passports does not make them like American women. They are conniving and scheming bitches who lie to police and the courts routinely.
Also, the divorce rate is calculated separately for PR even though it is a US Commonwealth. Due to the unique social conditions down there.
I have done some research on PR and I have found that PR women on the island benefit from egregiously biased local laws against husbands and men.
What you have there now are manginas and homosexuals becoming the norm. PR is to be pitied and avoided.