Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Colombia mi Amor!

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby Jester » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:17 am

publicduende wrote: I have known, met, flirted and had sex with women from 20 countries or more (not showing off, it's an anthropological research statement :) ). Colombianas are the best: they have all the qualities a man could desire in a long-term companion.

Happy fishing :)


OK so now we come to something interesting.

Some comparisons please. What are the ways Colombianas trump some specific nationalities or cultures that you have experience with?
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7869
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Postby steve55 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:45 am

One columbian X pat who traveled and lived all over south america said colombia was the hardest to pull in all s america cause the women congregate in groups and will not talk to you outside of groups, sounds like the US to me. And that Columbians think Americans are only there to f**k around so they get a bad rep if they hang with american guys. I hear that alot actually, Why bother going there if its that bad for us ? Doesnt sound like an environment I want to be in. It made me think twice about going there as one of my two pit stops like i originally planned. Someone who has been there, please tell me different?So far I dont like what i hear as far as the difiiculty to pull or meet women here.
steve55
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 632
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:40 am
Location: Dallas, TX

Postby chanta76 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:50 pm

I would say on the average where ever the ..expats goes they kind of ruin the scene overseas. Most expats are horny white guys and some non-white guys...part of the BIGGEST reason why they move overseas is for the women and they sleep around...at first it's cool because it's all new but after awhile words gets out. So you have even more expats going and soon...the scene is not like it use to be.

So you always have some expat looking for greener pasture. In some ways these expats I..think westernize and mess some places. Not all ..but a fair number.
chanta76
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1482
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:56 pm

Postby polya » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:28 pm

Voice of Reason wrote:
publicduende wrote:
chanta76 wrote:The question is are these girls down to earth and will date a average guy. And I mean by average just average not..some tall dark and handsome looking type of guy AND...I imagine speaking Spanish is a MUST in order to do well there.


Chanta76, believe me or not, these are just above average girls in Medellin. And they're usually very flirtatious. If they're single and in a trendy bar or disco, they expect to end up with a date, or even in someone's bed (or in a motel, on in the toilets...).

Colombian men who buzz around them tend to be short, slightly chubby, laddish, they're a different story from the women, and from the average Westerner.

Yes speaking Spanish would be a big plus to date them, although I would assume English would get you some way into some basic chitchat and probably more if there's body chemistry.


So do they end up going with these Colombian men?

What sort of men do these women usually go for, if any? Do you have to be good looking as well? Do these women tend to go for douche bags, like women do in the west?


HAHA! Yes looks are so important in countries where people are starving on the streets and people have no works. Of course, the girls choose the best looking bad-boy and end up starving to death. LOL Wait until Ameri-biatches start to starve when the economy collapses. Let's see how soon it takes for welfare moms to put their "darling" kids out on the street once child support stops. I'd give them a few days before these selfish biatches throw their kids down the drain.
"Woman is a violent and uncontrolled animal... If you allow them to achieve complete equality with men, do you think they will be easier to live with? Not at all. Once they have achieved equality, they will be your masters." Cato the Elder
polya
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 850
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:21 am

Postby publicduende » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:02 pm

chanta76 wrote:So from reading this post I gather that guys here think Colombia women are on the average attractive where as the Colombia men are just average looking. At the same time who's to say that maybe Colombian men are good looking to Colombian women.....and if your white guy I mean a really really white looking guy( nordic features) ..your difference is what sets you apart but more importantly being American$$ is what really sets you apart.

Hmm...this reminds of my visit in Asia. I find that in countries where it is male dominated. The guys don't take care of themselves as they should...where as the women have to up their game to attract men. Which is the polar opposite here in USA.

I live in New York City. I see jacked up guys with beefy arms dress well where as the girls are on the average look like they have Burger King as their staple for their diet. Sometimes I feel like crying because even the mediocre looking girls think they are hot sh**. The sad part is local New York guys just accept it because this is what is around us.

So my theories places where it is male dominated . Girls tend to be more attractive and lady like where as the guys ....don't put to much focus on their looks. BUT....times are changing. Let me use South Korea...there was a time when a Korean guy could look like sh** but as long as he has a decent job he could get a pretty girl friend but nowadays the Korean girls want more so local Korean guys are hitting the gym and doing the metrosexual thing...which also coincides with the increase of women power.


It's a good analysis. I am not well qualified to judge Colombian men. I have seen a few good looking Colombianos on the streets of Medellin or Bogota, but they all tended to be more white Caucasian looking, taller and thinner. I know for certain most Colombian women are absolutely nuts about men from Argentina, who are known to have the most European-like features.

You're right, Colombia is still a culture where men have the upper hand when it comes to the picking and dating game. Women have to compete as complete beings, as very few men would want to start serious relationships with someone who's hot and dumb, or smart and unattractive. Women have to try and be both good looking, good conversations, a good moms and often even good career women. That's the explanation my wife gave me and, judging by a few other women I met and talked to who are similar to Monica both in the looks and the brains departments, I see this is true.

Another thing to consider, Colombian women are not attractive because they're naturally beautiful, but also because of 2 things: 1) they know how to dress, walk and talk feminine and 2) popular cosmetic treatments and plastic surgery are of an outstanding quality and cheap too, so that any lady with an average salary will eventually hit the clinic and/or the plastic surgeon 3 or 4 times in her life. The most popular surgery is of course breast augmentation, since Colombianas tend to have large bums and relatively small chests and a larger breast, say a C or a D cup, paired with the naturally round and juicy culito equates to stunning hourglass figure that fits lots of modern fashion to perfection.
User avatar
publicduende
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2630
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:20 pm

Postby publicduende » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:14 pm

royaldude wrote:i plan on moving to colombia in my mid 30´s the problem with colombia is it has sh** visa laws for amerricans. you need to enroll in college go through legal hoops to stay there. also the food in colombia sucks. i think the national dish is chorizo. another problem never mentioned is that tons of western men go there to f**k women so your exoticness is less there than in might be in peru, central mexico, pretty much any non capital cities in latin america. now in colombia you have to move to smaller cities off the tourist trail which is what i will do. i just hate generalizations like colombia is the best because women are the hottest. thats true colombia has hot chicks but if your an american in medellin good luck competting against all the other tourists. the secret to being an expat is to market what you have going for you exoticness. so if your in the colombian cities most westerners go you are not as exotic. stick to 2nd tier cities in colombia, mexico really every where in latin america and you lose your competition the other gringos and your exoticness will shine and so will your ability to pull hot latinas


Not entirely true about chorizo. I'm not sure if they have a national dish, as they have a huge variety of dishes depending on the area you go. Soups, arepas (oven-baked corn flour bread) and combos of rice and beans are quite popular. The diet of a Colombian is infinitely healthier than that of an American and a Westerner in general. Yes they do eat chicken, pork and beef, but most of their staple food is actually based on corn flour, rather than wheat flour, much lighter and richer in fibers. They're not as obsessed as we are about sweets, chocolates and cakes.

About moving to a smaller city, I'm not sure whether you're trying to maximise your opportunities or look down on your potential. Any decent man not too overweight, 1.70 m or taller and with a white complexion, will be OK in a Colombian city like Medellin, Cali or Barranquilla. Bogota is slightly different as it's populated by relatively richer people who are more used to foreigners. I would personally prefer moving to a large city. Medellin is perfect: good modern infrastructure, warm people who are also proud, industrious and with actual civic sense, good job opportunities, and lots of hotties around.


There might well be competition, but there is also an abundance of nice, good looking and smart women around. All in all, what the hell, a little bit of challenge is a good source of fun while you're there. If you were to look for the perfect woman to drop on to your lap during your first week there, wouldn't you feel slightly disappointed: too much too soon? :)
User avatar
publicduende
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2630
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:20 pm

Postby publicduende » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:42 pm

Jester wrote:
publicduende wrote: I have known, met, flirted and had sex with women from 20 countries or more (not showing off, it's an anthropological research statement :) ). Colombianas are the best: they have all the qualities a man could desire in a long-term companion.

Happy fishing :)


OK so now we come to something interesting.

Some comparisons please. What are the ways Colombianas trump some specific nationalities or cultures that you have experience with?


OK sorry for the rushed writing style, my very own Colombiana is claiming me back :)

Well, at least wanting to compare the Colombianas I have met and known to the other women of other cultures and nationalities I have met and known.

1) they're sexy without being tacky, classy without feeling unapproachable, perhaps they do lead the game like anybody else, yet with a natural charm and a lack of tension that makes a man feel relaxed and in control from the onset
2) they now how to have serious fun, from drinking to tipsy to eating good food, dancing away the night, entertaining decent conversations to casual sex - the full Monty. (I saw one of Monica's friends talking about Garcia Lorca's books with a random hottie for more than half an hour, then doing some reggueton and then off to the toilets for some action)
3) they're reasonably conservative in their ideas of a long-term relationship or a family - eg. they're on average quite reliable and faithful but also extremey jealous, as they expect a man to give them a similar level of commitment - but also liberal when it comes to their desire of keeping the juices flowing, not just on the sexual but also intellectual and - so to speak - spiritual sides
4) so many of them are socially and intellectually "upwardly mobile" - more and more of them are managers, doctors, lawyers, engineers and scientists, etc. - without ever even trying to put themselves on a pedestal and making the others feel inferior
5) they're not as materialistic and money-driven as the Asians
6) they have in general very good family values, even when they were brought up in less than standard families: eg. brought up by an auntie, or a granny, living with 10 other cousins in the same big house etc.
7) last but not least: they represent very well the face of a country that has started to talk to the world loud and clear - Colombia ranks second in Latin America on many important macroeconomic and social indicators, and they're trending up much faster than Chile or Argentina, let alone good old Brazil. Also, the recent surge of national pride, coupled with the strong regional identity they have always had, means the women are likely to be less and less influenced by the US way of living and/or thinking. Being "a Colombian" is now much more important than feeling integrated to a Western system of values. This to me means one thing: less and less "Americanised" women and more and more genuinely "Colombianas". What else are you looking for? :p
User avatar
publicduende
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2630
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:20 pm

Postby Jester » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:53 am

publicduende wrote:
Jester wrote:
publicduende wrote: I have known, met, flirted and had sex with women from 20 countries or more (not showing off, it's an anthropological research statement :) ). Colombianas are the best: they have all the qualities a man could desire in a long-term companion.

Happy fishing :)


OK so now we come to something interesting.

Some comparisons please. What are the ways Colombianas trump some specific nationalities or cultures that you have experience with?


OK sorry for the rushed writing style, my very own Colombiana is claiming me back :)

Well, at least wanting to compare the Colombianas I have met and known to the other women of other cultures and nationalities I have met and known.

1) they're sexy without being tacky, classy without feeling unapproachable, perhaps they do lead the game like anybody else, yet with a natural charm and a lack of tension that makes a man feel relaxed and in control from the onset
2) they now how to have serious fun, from drinking to tipsy to eating good food, dancing away the night, entertaining decent conversations to casual sex - the full Monty. (I saw one of Monica's friends talking about Garcia Lorca's books with a random hottie for more than half an hour, then doing some reggueton and then off to the toilets for some action)
3) they're reasonably conservative in their ideas of a long-term relationship or a family - eg. they're on average quite reliable and faithful but also extremey jealous, as they expect a man to give them a similar level of commitment - but also liberal when it comes to their desire of keeping the juices flowing, not just on the sexual but also intellectual and - so to speak - spiritual sides
4) so many of them are socially and intellectually "upwardly mobile" - more and more of them are managers, doctors, lawyers, engineers and scientists, etc. - without ever even trying to put themselves on a pedestal and making the others feel inferior
5) they're not as materialistic and money-driven as the Asians
6) they have in general very good family values, even when they were brought up in less than standard families: eg. brought up by an auntie, or a granny, living with 10 other cousins in the same big house etc.
7) last but not least: they represent very well the face of a country that has started to talk to the world loud and clear - Colombia ranks second in Latin America on many important macroeconomic and social indicators, and they're trending up much faster than Chile or Argentina, let alone good old Brazil. Also, the recent surge of national pride, coupled with the strong regional identity they have always had, means the women are likely to be less and less influenced by the US way of living and/or thinking. Being "a Colombian" is now much more important than feeling integrated to a Western system of values. This to me means one thing: less and less "Americanised" women and more and more genuinely "Colombianas". What else are you looking for? :p


Thanks, hearing all this calms the soul.

God willing, my day is coming!
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7869
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Postby publicduende » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:05 pm

Jester wrote:Thanks, hearing all this calms the soul.

God willing, my day is coming!


No problem, hope you'll find your flavour of happier abroad soon.
User avatar
publicduende
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2630
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:20 pm

Postby mguy » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:43 pm

publicduende: are you still going this December?

I'm Filipino-American. 28, 5'11, moreno, athletic build, fluent in Spanish, to your eyes I will look like a Native Mexican/Indian mixed with Chinese. I'm trying to get a feel if Colombia is a society that will be favorable for me?

Or is it for white guys only? I mean I don't want to to go and subjected to a situation where I do not attract interest and the average white guy will get all the play just cuz hes white. Might as well go somewhere else in Lat Am if this is the case. What is your sense in this?

Looking for some honest input.

http://www.happierabroad.com/forum/view ... hp?t=16804
mguy
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 749
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:09 pm

Postby tomblos » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:27 pm

It´s quite easy to find short terms rentals in Bogota, furnished and to a reasonable price.
tomblos
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:35 pm

Postby Robert77 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:30 pm

chanta76 wrote:The question is are these girls down to earth and will date a average guy. And I mean by average just average not..some tall dark and handsome looking type of guy AND...I imagine speaking Spanish is a MUST in order to do well there.


You must speak some spanish but being a foreigner IS A BIG BIG BIG BIIIIIG PLUS, and you are (as long as you're not some fat gross looking dude), treat the ladies with respect though, class will take u far in colombia.... BE A GENTLEMAN OLD SCHOOL STYLE, THEY LOVE THAT.
World traveler, questions about women from a certain country? Ask!!! I can help
Robert77
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 354
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:34 am

Postby rudder » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:03 am

I've been really interested in going to Colombia since I watched this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzpfeXtNxOs
How often do women look like this in Colombia?

However, Colombia is a sex tourist destination, so as a foreigner you already have one strike against you. Also, it's like the number one country that guys think of when they want a spicy latin girl. Even Roosh has his Bang Colombia Ebook, so I just imagine gringos everywhere trying to pickup Colombianas. Plus the Colombians are so nationalistic now - I don't think the girls would go gaga over a decent-looking gringo that speaks excellent Spanish simply because he's "sweet." Don't those girls want status and wealth and super macho reggaeton gangsta dudes? Why would they want a poor, skinny gringo that would probably get knifed just for walking down the street?

They say to go to the countries that no one is talking about...well that obviously wouldn't be Colombia.
rudder
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 378
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:38 pm

Postby kai8482 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:18 pm

mguy wrote:publicduende: are you still going this December?

I'm Filipino-American. 28, 5'11, moreno, athletic build, fluent in Spanish, to your eyes I will look like a Native Mexican/Indian mixed with Chinese. I'm trying to get a feel if Colombia is a society that will be favorable for me?

Or is it for white guys only? I mean I don't want to to go and subjected to a situation where I do not attract interest and the average white guy will get all the play just cuz hes white. Might as well go somewhere else in Lat Am if this is the case. What is your sense in this?

Looking for some honest input.

http://www.happierabroad.com/forum/view ... hp?t=16804


I think you should just go and find out. I thought the same thing about Ecuador when I went and did fine. I don't see why Colombia wound't be any different. I'll be there in Dec and depending how it goes I'll be in Ecuador again or I'll stay in Colombia. I would suggest you try to network with some people build up a little rapport so when you get down there you'll be set. I'll be there Dec 19, in Cali, Colombia if you want to meet up. I speak some spanish not fluent but I'm also taking classes at the local CC
kai8482
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:07 am
Location: Dallas

Postby Jester » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:10 am

Teal Lantern wrote:Checked the link. Note the tattoos. 'Catch & release' quality, if you're into sport fishing. :wink:


:lol:
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7869
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

PreviousNext

Return to Latin America, Mexico, Central America

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests