Why I like Mexico over Peru . . . barely

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
royaldude
Freshman Poster

Why I like Mexico over Peru . . . barely

Post by royaldude »

i have respect for anyone interested in the experiences of others on this forum. so far no one has tackled this question mexico or peru.
i have lived a year in both so if your interested here is my take on each country.
VISA: as a us citizen both countries allow for 180 day visa stamps (only countries in latin america like this) most are 90 days or in the case of brazil or equador no more than 180 days in country per year.
FOOD: both have great food but mexico has pork something i never saw in peru. also the street food in peru is like hotdogs or organs on a stick, in mexico its quesadillas or tacos. Mexico also has steak cheap and plentiful while peru charges arm and a leg for steak so for red meat its usually llama. which isnt bad but its not steak. for potatoe lovers peru has you covered.
WOMEN: this one is a little tougher so bear with me as more elements in play. in peru american men and european men are loved by the women more than mexico. BUT this is more an economics thing. if a mexican girl is hot and wants to she can marry a mexican guy living in the us. SO... mexican women still get wet in the pantys for american and european men its just that they have options that a peruvian girl doesnt have.
WOMEN (HOTNESS)- mexico is a larger country 110 million to 40 million so it varies southern mexico is mostly women of mayan descent they are not as hot as girls up north where you will see many hotties of spanish and mestizo descent. in peru the women are hotter the more north you go with trujillo chiclayo having hottest girls, they are more mixed than southern girls who are more incian not as ugly as boliva but similar looking.
WOMEN(LOCATION) northern peru outside of macorra or surfing cities doesnt get alot of tourism so being a tourist will play into your advantage. for mexico avoid major cities like moneterray, guadalajara, D.F. or any tourist beach city and you will be exotic.
COST OF LIVING: Peru is going through a real estate bubble right now and with that their currency is appreaciating against the dollar and euro more than almost any other latin american country. SO. ... expect to pay more for rent in peru than in mexico which country has a different relationship with the dollar. in mexico a good 30-40% of the economy is either tourism(mostly us tourists) or remitances from mexicans sending money to family in mexico. also they have a closer relationship to the us economy than peru consider trading which is huge since NAFTA was established. Mexico has cheaper food outside of chicken and some seafood. Peru has cheaper alcohol. the bars are usually more 3rd world in peru but you can buy a bottle of absolute for like 15 dollars in a bar in peru where in mexico its more like 30-40 dollars. taxis are probably even and same with public transportation. eating at a fancy restaurant in peru is probably 50% cheaper than in mexico but again street food or smaller local restuarants have much better quality and also better food in mexico
WEATHER: look this could be included in cost of living because utility costs play a big role. in peru arequipa is a major city more than a million but also one of the few places you can live comfortably with out heat or aircon. in mexico a larger country large parts of central mexico are very liveable without heating or aircon. although it might rain more in mexico. look into www.weatherbase.com for a city of your interest
AGE OF CONSENT: in peru its over 14 so unless you like kids dont worry about hitting on the younger girl in the bar. mexico is more complex but similar here is the best website for those questions http://www.ageofconsent.com/mexico.htm
btw in mexico i just ask a girl to show her i.d. if she doesnt i dont bother because there is grey area with the law and its not cheap to get attorneys (even in the 3rd world it adds up)
LANGUAGE: more peruvians learn english than mexicans i dont know why but thats my experience. however many more younger guys in mexico have lived in u.s. so they can speak english and often these guys will make good friends. in peru very few men like this but a good ammount of men and women who speak english but less men than in peru.

anyway im happy in mexico but i could just as easily be as happy in peru it just might cost more and be hotter which is why i stay in mexico
Oh, the usual. I bowl. Drive around. The occasional acid flashback. (The Dude)

the dude abides
royaldude
Freshman Poster

Post by royaldude »

LANGUAGE: both countries speak a slower easier to understand form of spanish. this is important good luck to anyone learning spanish in domincan republic, spain or argentina where the accent is harder to understand

the dude abides
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Nice feedback though you could break it up a bit, it looks like you wrote it on a mobile phone.

You're right about Peru as the varied looks. From European to Indigenous and even African decent. This is also in Mexico but less so.

One sentence was confusing, you said Mexican women have more options than Peruvian. But then you said Mexican women still get wet for American or European men IE: Caucasians. Is that what you meant?

If so, that is not news, that is normal as I have seen it over the years.

I am not convinced an African-American can do as well as the typical Caucasian can, all things being equal. There is still the White Knight thing going on in South America.

I mean, it has to be said, if Mexico was so easy, I live in Southern California that wouldn't be an issue. Cheap and easy to get too it would be a top target as there are plenty good looking women in Mexico.

You're right about Brazil and 6 month Visa. That's why I am considering it. If I can't find what I want in six months, something is wrong.

But as I said several times I will let ahead of time connections determine final destination.
Last edited by djfourmoney on September 11th, 2012, 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
royaldude
Freshman Poster

Post by royaldude »

ok so djfourmoney let me answer what i can. i stand by my mexican women have more options than peruvian. think like this if your in southern california the odds of you meeting a celebrity are greater than in arizona. thats all im saying its a situation where odds play a role so mexican girls are going to know girl who get marriage offers to americans far more than peruvians.

DUDE. i think this whole black guys have an advantange thing is crazy. maybe in states like wyoming or north dakota where there are no other black guys they do have an advantage.
BUT women do have fetishes just like guys. so yeah some women have black guy fetishes even if your dick is bigger they want black guys. that being said latin america has many women who have both black (some asian) but more soo white fetishes so being white here can play a big role in gettiing laid. just be in shape cause that is a deal breaker in many cases.

if mexico was so easy southern california DUDE your comparing apples to oranges thats liike if i could get black girls in uganda or baltimore cause there is a big difference.

all im saying is mexico is a big country with lots of hotties and its not hard to get laid here

the dude abides
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: why i like mexico over peru . . . barely

Post by Jester »

royaldude wrote:i have respect for anyone interested in the experiences of others on this forum. so far no one has tackled this question mexico or peru.
i have lived a year in both so if your interested here is my take on each country.
VISA: as a us citizen both countries allow for 180 day visa stamps (only countries in latin america like this) most are 90 days or in the case of brazil or equador no more than 180 days in country per year.
FOOD: both have great food but mexico has pork something i never saw in peru. also the street food in peru is like hotdogs or organs on a stick, in mexico its quesadillas or tacos. Mexico also has steak cheap and plentiful while peru charges arm and a leg for steak so for red meat its usually llama. which isnt bad but its not steak. for potatoe lovers peru has you covered.
WOMEN: this one is a little tougher so bear with me as more elements in play. in peru american men and european men are loved by the women more than mexico. BUT this is more an economics thing. if a mexican girl is hot and wants to she can marry a mexican guy living in the us. SO... mexican women still get wet in the pantys for american and european men its just that they have options that a peruvian girl doesnt have.
WOMEN (HOTNESS)- mexico is a larger country 110 million to 40 million so it varies southern mexico is mostly women of mayan descent they are not as hot as girls up north where you will see many hotties of spanish and mestizo descent. in peru the women are hotter the more north you go with trujillo chiclayo having hottest girls, they are more mixed than southern girls who are more incian not as ugly as boliva but similar looking.
WOMEN(LOCATION) northern peru outside of macorra or surfing cities doesnt get alot of tourism so being a tourist will play into your advantage. for mexico avoid major cities like moneterray, guadalajara, D.F. or any tourist beach city and you will be exotic.
COST OF LIVING: Peru is going through a real estate bubble right now and with that their currency is appreaciating against the dollar and euro more than almost any other latin american country. SO. ... expect to pay more for rent in peru than in mexico which country has a different relationship with the dollar. in mexico a good 30-40% of the economy is either tourism(mostly us tourists) or remitances from mexicans sending money to family in mexico. also they have a closer relationship to the us economy than peru consider trading which is huge since NAFTA was established. Mexico has cheaper food outside of chicken and some seafood. Peru has cheaper alcohol. the bars are usually more 3rd world in peru but you can buy a bottle of absolute for like 15 dollars in a bar in peru where in mexico its more like 30-40 dollars. taxis are probably even and same with public transportation. eating at a fancy restaurant in peru is probably 50% cheaper than in mexico but again street food or smaller local restuarants have much better quality and also better food in mexico
WEATHER: look this could be included in cost of living because utility costs play a big role. in peru arequipa is a major city more than a million but also one of the few places you can live comfortably with out heat or aircon. in mexico a larger country large parts of central mexico are very liveable without heating or aircon. although it might rain more in mexico. look into www.weatherbase.com for a city of your interest
AGE OF CONSENT: in peru its over 14 so unless you like kids dont worry about hitting on the younger girl in the bar. mexico is more complex but similar here is the best website for those questions http://www.ageofconsent.com/mexico.htm
btw in mexico i just ask a girl to show her i.d. if she doesnt i dont bother because there is grey area with the law and its not cheap to get attorneys (even in the 3rd world it adds up)
LANGUAGE: more peruvians learn english than mexicans i dont know why but thats my experience. however many more younger guys in mexico have lived in u.s. so they can speak english and often these guys will make good friends. in peru very few men like this but a good ammount of men and women who speak english but less men than in peru.

anyway im happy in mexico but i could just as easily be as happy in peru it just might cost more and be hotter which is why i stay in mexico
Great post, great specifics, thanks.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

royaldude wrote:LANGUAGE: both countries speak a slower easier to understand form of spanish. this is important good luck to anyone learning spanish in domincan republic, spain or argentina where the accent is harder to understand
thanks again - this is MAJOR, and I never heard it elsewhere.

I have been weighing MX vs Uruguay, where they speak same Italian-accented "RioPlatense" Spanish as they do in AR. So this makes a difference to me.
royaldude
Freshman Poster

Post by royaldude »

dude avoid uruagay and argentina if ur white you will never be exotic there. everyone wants to say YEAH URAGUAY. because they are there or found it on a map. it really has no major benefit EXCEPT (im white so it helps) yes that is the mantra some to argentine or brazilian or latin ameria and you willl be loved.) WAKE UP the world has changed so stop loooking at things SO this way if ur white it does help you in latin america im just tired of people thinking its that important. OVER SOOO PESOS enjoy yourself but get over whiteness real quick especiallly in tourists areas teach english or open your own bussiness to make a buck here

the dude abides
royaldude
Freshman Poster

Post by royaldude »

jesus is what i wrote legible ive had too much rum and its jimerish but f**k it

the dude abides
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

royaldude wrote:jesus is what i wrote legible ive had too much rum and its jimerish but f**k it
:lol:
Others of us have done it, but you're the first to admit it!
+1
royaldude
Freshman Poster

Post by royaldude »

yea i bought a pineappple the key is blend it up and add rum to it

pinneapples are liike 2 bucks here YEAH MEXICO
Last edited by royaldude on September 11th, 2012, 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

the dude abides
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Nice trip report! There seems to be quite an interest in Peruvian women these days - it's not really a country I know something about (it's a heck of a long way from here in Europe).

For guys interested in SA purely for women, I've come up with some stats on the numbers of women seeking foreign husbands:

Yikes that's a lot of Colombians for Winston to work his way through! full stats report here.

What's the crime situation like in Peru? I watched a TV show about Venezuelan gangs last night - it made for uncomfortable viewing!!!
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Personally I would much rather prefer Mexico and Guatemala due to my being far more familiar with their culture, as well as proximity to the U.S. (cheaper flights).

Peruvians speak more like Colombians. Their accent might some a bit Italian-like to the novice.

In Peru, the weather is actually quite stable, since it's a cool, dry country situated on the equator. Precipitation is rare, which can lead to water shortages and droughts.
royaldude
Freshman Poster

Post by royaldude »

falcon avoid guatemala ive never seen uglier women

the dude abides
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

royaldude wrote:ok so djfourmoney let me answer what i can. i stand by my mexican women have more options than peruvian. think like this if your in southern california the odds of you meeting a celebrity are greater than in arizona. thats all im saying its a situation where odds play a role so mexican girls are going to know girl who get marriage offers to americans far more than peruvians.

DUDE. i think this whole black guys have an advantange thing is crazy. maybe in states like wyoming or north dakota where there are no other black guys they do have an advantage.
BUT women do have fetishes just like guys. so yeah some women have black guy fetishes even if your dick is bigger they want black guys. that being said latin america has many women who have both black (some asian) but more soo white fetishes so being white here can play a big role in gettiing laid. just be in shape cause that is a deal breaker in many cases.

if mexico was so easy southern california DUDE your comparing apples to oranges thats liike if i could get black girls in uganda or baltimore cause there is a big difference.

all im saying is mexico is a big country with lots of hotties and its not hard to get laid here
Of course its not hard to get laid, $25-$60US will get the job done, won't be GFE or PSE but none the less your dick will see p***y. I wasn't impressed with what I saw in TJ nightclubs. I will have to venture into Mexico City, I think I'll find more of what I am looking for there. I have yet to see a girl better looking than the one I took upstairs at AB.

Yes I'm being a bit cynical

I didn't say I had an advantage or disadvantage.... I said I wasn't sure how well African-Americans would do that was not saying we have an advantage; I think you're inferiority complex is showing. I say that because you automatically went to dick size, don't run away from it, just admit it and I'll drop it.
DUDE i think this whole black guys have an advantange thing is crazy. maybe in states like wyoming or north dakota where there are no other black guys they do have an advantage.
BUT women do have fetishes just like guys. so yeah some women have black guy fetishes even if your dick is bigger they want black guys.
You also called the desire for some women around the world to date/marry Black men is a fetish, which disqualifies meaningful relationships as being purely based on sex and nothing more. I like big boobs and a nice butt, I wouldn't call that a fetish. I have "standards", they must not be overweight, must be over 5'4 tall, no children and preferably never married. In this day and age that's a tall order anywhere but maybe FSU.

I am in-shape actually, that's covered elsewhere on this forum (lost 31lbs).

Have you been to Wyoming? Its not the place to look for women period....
royaldude
Freshman Poster

Post by royaldude »

i dont have an inferiority complex. i am white but i lost my virginity to a black girl when i was 16. i could get girls in baltimore in ways most black guys could only dream(stilll can). its funny because when i went moved to arizona very few blacks there i noticed black guys had an advantage as hardly any blacks there and they could game white girls easy. SO YEAH IT HELPS TO PLAY INTO A GIRLS FETISH. btw tijuana not really indicative of mexico. i would never live there.

the dude abides