21 Reasons Colombia is the happiest country in the world!

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
Winston
Site Admin

21 Reasons Colombia is the happiest country in the world!

Post by Winston »

Check this out!

21 Reasons Colombia Is The Happiest Country In World

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/1 ... 90813.html

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Colombians are happy because we Westerners are not. They stick to simple pleasures of life and can take the incredible challenges life can throw at them with philosophy and humour. As Colombia grows into a regional power, I dearly hope it will look as little as possible like the US, and will find its way to suistainable development aligned with the true spirit of its people.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

Sometimes I wish I was colombian. They're crazy people. Listen to their music.

A lot of filipinas could easy pass as colombian.
Last edited by Johnny1975 on January 6th, 2020, 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
colibri
Freshman Poster

Post by colibri »

Johnny1975 wrote:I'm spanish, and sometimes I wish I was colombian. They're crazy people. Listen to their music.

CUMBIAAAAA COLOMBIANA :o !!!!

nice compilation , i would say they re indeed the happiest , i mean they invented the cumbia hahah. best colombian export .
If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.
ryanx
Freshman Poster

Post by ryanx »

So what about residency requirements, cost of living etc etc? I want to live there...sounds much better than Philippines. I don't need many women (at my age lol) just a good one to keep.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

ryanx wrote:So what about residency requirements, cost of living etc etc? I want to live there...sounds much better than Philippines. I don't need many women (at my age lol) just a good one to keep.
How old are you? Do you have skills that could be useful for a job in a Colombian large city? Knowledge of the oil/gas, food or coffee processing industry are very much on demand. IT skills are also sought after, especially when couple to a fluent to native English level and at least conversational Spanish.

I wouldn't be able to tell you the complete breakdown as I only spent time in Medellin this year. I had the stark impression that Medellin is not as cheap as, say, Davao. Everybody seems upwardly mobile, although not in the hideous and odious way of the AW.
woodwater
Freshman Poster

Post by woodwater »

Robert77
Freshman Poster

Post by Robert77 »

My experience in colombia was that

1. normal colombian women are on average nicer looking, thinner and more feminine than 99% of "normal" American women

2. they're happy, they're very laid back, if you think australians or cali people are laid back you have not met colombians

3. its a party culture where people place a lot of emphasis on family, friends, social gatherings

colombia is developing fast, I wonder if it will turn into another US (after all latin america is to the US what eastern europe is to russia)
World traveler, questions about women from a certain country? Ask!!! I can help
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

ryanx wrote:So what about residency requirements, cost of living etc etc?
Maybe the most difficult immigration policy in the Americas after Gringoland. Right up there with Chile and Canada I suppose.

Yet the country's appeal, from mountain paradise, to Cumbia, to women, leads me to wonder sometimes about how those difficulties can be overcome.

As PublicDuende points out, folks who have skills that are desired there, should head straight there and job-hunt -- best relocation choice in the Americas for young guys willing to blend, learn the language, learn to dance.
ryanx
Freshman Poster

Post by ryanx »

As PublicDuende points out, folks who have skills that are desired there, should head straight there and job-hunt -- best relocation choice in the Americas for young guys willing to blend, learn the language, learn to dance.
What about "old" guys like me? I am nearly 54, is it too late for me to start a new life there?

I am in Spain right now, working frantically on my Spanish, but I am completely invisible and ignored. I really feel my age here. I haven't got the first clue how to break into this culture...or if it is even possible or worth it.

So is Colombia any different for a loner middle-aged guy? The only thing in my favor is I am financially secure - that is I can live on the proverbial $1000 a month for the foreseeable future.
chibolo
Junior Poster

Post by chibolo »

Johnny1975 wrote:I'm spanish, and sometimes I wish I was colombian. They're crazy people. Listen to their music.

Nice... Here is some Peruvian cumbia, which is a little different but also nice...

rudder
Junior Poster

Post by rudder »

Spain is not worth the effort. Colombia is. I've lived in Spain. I've never lived in Colombia. I'd only go back to Spain if someone paid me to take a short vacation there.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

It's happy because the guerrillas kept Americans from buying up the country. The good press they are starting to receive isn't good news. Gringos are already screwing up Medellin.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Robert77 wrote:My experience in colombia was that

1. normal colombian women are on average nicer looking, thinner and more feminine than 99% of "normal" American women

2. they're happy, they're very laid back, if you think australians or cali people are laid back you have not met colombians

3. its a party culture where people place a lot of emphasis on family, friends, social gatherings

colombia is developing fast, I wonder if it will turn into another US (after all latin america is to the US what eastern europe is to russia)
d

1. Sounds like the rest of Latin America

2. More Warm Cultures are like that. While Western Society and Government works very well (even if we mock it from time to time) are considered very cold to them. *Though many educated Latins will trade that warmth for a functional Government/Laws which is why many of them migrate to America/Western Europe.

3. See #2, visual aids?

Any questions?
ryanx
Freshman Poster

Post by ryanx »

rudder wrote:Spain is not worth the effort. Colombia is. I've lived in Spain. I've never lived in Colombia. I'd only go back to Spain if someone paid me to take a short vacation there.
Why is that? How long did you live there?