Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Peru - Still a Little-Known Expat Paradise

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Peru - Still a Little-Known Expat Paradise

Postby zboy1 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:23 am

From EscapefromAmericamagazine:
http://www.escapefromamerica.com/2013/0 ... -paradise/

Lima Peru, a great capital city!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3S0JqbQ1Ws&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Arequipa Peru, Land of Sunshine!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCq51OezFaU&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby E_Irizarry » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:51 am

I think ContrarianExpatriate ignored this thread with deliberation. Bahahahaa
He and I strongly feel it's cr.ap for non-Nordic/non-White guys that aren't Asian.

For Azn men though, I think it's not bad if one isn't too shabby in the language nor in the looks department.

I hated Trujillo, Perú....I was mistaken as an African pimp (?????) - (yet I was lighter-skinned than 75 percent of the people there - that's how out of touch and narcissistic a lot of Peruanos are! They mostly thought I was Brazilian anyway so no matter how good my Spanish was, my phenotypes screamed Brasilerinho Jajajajajajaja) just because I was cold-approaching women on the street.

I lived in Tarapoto for 2 months....street dogs are some of the worse in South America. I almost had one dog run me down the street for THREE MINUTES while I was going 30/35 on the back of a taxi-motorbike.

Aviso (warning): Pidele una macheta! (Ask for a machete) in order to protect yourself down there from the maldito street dogs right after you get off the plane before going into the "campos/castillos/vecinarios" whatever you want to call them in Spanish.

Tourist areas don't have rampant wolf-mentality street dogs.

But you guys know me: I LOATHE tourist districts. I have to go where the local cheap strip clubs are located and get it poppin' (but without "making it rain" - I don't believe in simping!)

One time I went to some outback "hick" town out in the countryside of "la selva" (the jungle) in eastern Perú, and the mud was so thick that the trike got stuck like 10 time's on the same block. It was cheaper to walk.

As much as I sound like I had fun, it was coerced and met with a lot of impedance. It had taken a lot more effort to have the little fun I had in Perú.

Ecuador was almost night and day, and it's right next door to Perú. Dudes, I d.icked down Kim Kardashian-meets-Beyoncé's twin sister in Ecuador bareback and I was going American-mangina banana's yelling in glee like a motherf.ucker after I left that stripbar after getting laid by her (She was built similarly to chick in my current avatar). Imagine f.ucking somebody fine like that for next-to-nothing or even to get a chance to bang her even after spending a plethora of stacks of cash on her!?!? A: not happening for the non-Alpha in the U.S. of Gay.

Chiclayo was good for the light-skinned Colombian strippers. I walked into one outdoor who.rehouse in Chiclayo, and these two Colombian broads started ranking on my shoes. Yeah, don't think that only Black people are comedians. LOL Shoot. lol LOL
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Postby Rocky Top » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:50 am

E_Irizarry wrote:Ecuador was almost night and day, and it's right next door to Perú. Dudes, I d.icked down Kim Kardashian-meets-Beyoncé's twin sister in Ecuador bareback and I was going American-mangina banana's yelling in glee like a motherf.ucker after I left that stripbar after getting laid by her (She was built similarly to chick in my current avatar). Imagine f.ucking somebody fine like that for next-to-nothing or even to get a chance to bang her even after spending a plethora of stacks of cash on her!?!? A: not happening for the non-Alpha in the U.S. of Gay.

Esmeraldas???
Rocky Top
Freshman Poster

Postby Rocky Top » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:16 pm

Stay safe... :lol:

Montana woman recounts near-fatal assault while in Peru

JACKSON, Mont. – Scrambling across a river embankment, over loose rocks and gravel, Jenny Wolfrom thought she was facing death.

A mob of about 30 people was chasing her through a small village outside Cuzco, Peru. They were hurling softball-sized rocks from a ridge directly above her and blowing whistles to signal to others where she was headed.

"I was just thinking, 'I'm going to die on my birthday,' " Wolfrom said. "I was more in disbelief than anything."
Her brother Jed and his wife, Meghan Doherty, were huddled on the other side of the river, about 50 feet from Wolfrom. They had stopped because Doherty was bleeding badly from being hit with rocks and couldn't see.

They were yelling to one another, trying to stay together during the chaos that had ensued since they arrived in the village a few hours earlier looking for a place to camp.

Badly injured from being pelted with rocks, the bloodied travelers were marched back to the village. It was the beginning of a violent, traumatic night, during which the Jackson residents were robbed, beaten and whipped.

There's gotta be more to the story than just this. I believe these Yankees were probably hellraising or getting into mischief.
Rocky Top
Freshman Poster

Postby rudder » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:26 pm

Rocky Top wrote:Stay safe... :lol:

JACKSON, Mont. – Scrambling across a river embankment, over loose rocks and gravel, Jenny Wolfrom thought she was facing death.

A mob of about 30 people was chasing her through a small village outside Cuzco, Peru. They were hurling softball-sized rocks from a ridge directly above her and blowing whistles to signal to others where she was headed.

"I was just thinking, 'I'm going to die on my birthday,' " Wolfrom said. "I was more in disbelief than anything."
Her brother Jed and his wife, Meghan Doherty, were huddled on the other side of the river, about 50 feet from Wolfrom. They had stopped because Doherty was bleeding badly from being hit with rocks and couldn't see.

They were yelling to one another, trying to stay together during the chaos that had ensued since they arrived in the village a few hours earlier looking for a place to camp.

Badly injured from being pelted with rocks, the bloodied travelers were marched back to the village. It was the beginning of a violent, traumatic night, during which the Jackson residents were robbed, beaten and whipped.

There's gotta be more to the story than just this. I believe these Yankees were probably hellraising or getting into mischief.

This is what I expect would happen to me in rural central Mexico when they find out about my relationships with the local daughters.
rudder
Freshman Poster

Postby Repatriate » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:04 pm

Rocky Top wrote:Stay safe... :lol:

I agree there's no way in f**k they didn't provoke this in some way. Villagers just don't start mobbing up for no reason. They probably busted out some attitude or racist shit expecting the locals to kiss their ass and ended up getting drop kicked instead.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Postby chibolo » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:35 am

I spent 6 years in Peru with my Peruana ex (2 years in Chimbote, 4 in Trujillo). Is it a paradise? No, far from it. Don't get me wrong, I love Peru, but it is a country with a lot of problems, mainly INSANE crime levels. Apart from this, it IS a very cool place though. It has great food, places to visit, excellent nightlife and yes, beautiful women (although a lot of guys don't seem to like Peruanas).
chibolo
Junior Poster

Postby xiongmao » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:32 am

There were some Peruvian girls on my course in China. They were friendly, but I guess it's hard to find tall girls there. Maybe it's not a country for Rock.
In February 2013 I quit my boring job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then check out my free Asian dating site.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Postby chibolo » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:08 pm

xiongmao wrote:There were some Peruvian girls on my course in China. They were friendly, but I guess it's hard to find tall girls there. Maybe it's not a country for Rock.

Tall Peruanas are rare. Most of them are mestiza (mixed white and native) and they tend to be shorter. If you want a tall woman you need to go for the white, upper-class women. But, yeah if you only like tall women, or blondes with blue eyes, Peru is not the ideal place for you.
chibolo
Junior Poster

Postby Banano » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:15 pm

chibolo wrote:
xiongmao wrote:There were some Peruvian girls on my course in China. They were friendly, but I guess it's hard to find tall girls there. Maybe it's not a country for Rock.

Tall Peruanas are rare. Most of them are mestiza (mixed white and native) and they tend to be shorter. If you want a tall woman you need to go for the white, upper-class women. But, yeah if you only like tall women, or blondes with blue eyes, Peru is not the ideal place for you.

What about cost of living? Can you live on a $1 000 a month?

How Peruvian girls compare to Filipinas/Thais?
Banano
Veteran Poster

Postby navigator » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:22 pm

One man's experience in Peru:

When I first went to Peru at 26, I had gotten extremely used to having a "second citizen" mentality from being a male in the US. People frequently scoff at this statement, but if you really sit and look at the facts there are a lot of ways that American society goes out of its way to provide aid and assistance to women that men simply don't receive (if you want some good examples of "man bashing" just watch "The View," "Sex and the City," or any program featuring Rosie O'Donnell).

But Peruvians don't treat you like a dirt bag just because you're a white male. Quite the contrary, they treat you with extreme courtesy. Going to Peru is like diving into an ocean of support and I make no exaggeration when I say that I simply felt a lot better about myself as a human being after living there.

http://www.streetsoflima.com/2010/07/pr ... where.html

Google Maps added "street view" images of Peru yesterday for anyone that's interested.
navigator
Freshman Poster

Postby chibolo » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:41 pm

Banano wrote:
chibolo wrote:

What about cost of living? Can you live on a $1 000 a month?

How Peruvian girls compare to Filipinas/Thais?

Cost of living depends on where you want to live. Miraflores, the wealthiest/nicest area of Lima is quite expensive. $1000 a month will not be enough there. If you go for a more middle class area like San Miguel or a city in the provinces (like Trujillo or Chiclayo), then yes, you can live on $1000 a month. Me and my ex lived on $1300 a month and we had a pretty good lifestyle.

I have never been to Thailand or the Philipines so I can't really compare. Peruvian girls tend to be short, tan to brown skin, black hair, slender bodies. Most attractive girls are mixed race (mestiza). They love white guys with blue eyes.
chibolo
Junior Poster

Postby Banano » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:53 pm

chibolo

Is this what you talking about

http://dawnontheamazon.com/blog/wp-cont ... -girls.jpg

Are these type of women available to foreigners ?
Banano
Veteran Poster

Postby chibolo » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:15 pm

Banano wrote:chibolo

Is this what you talking about

http://dawnontheamazon.com/blog/wp-cont ... -girls.jpg

Are these type of women available to foreigners ?

Those women are natives from la Selva (jungle region). I have actually never been there myself, so don't really know. I'm sure some of them would be open to meeting foreigners. They are not the typical Peruvian girl though.

Here is an idea of the type of girl you can find in a Peruvian disco (pictures are from the Ama disco in Trujillo):
http://www.amadisco.pe/galeria
chibolo
Junior Poster

Postby rudder » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:26 am

One thing I like about this forum is that the guys on here enjoy women that don't fit the western caricature of a model. If you go on rooshvforum, for example, the people on there bash Peruvian women's looks left and right.

I've been to Iquitos and some surrounding jungle areas. The girls out in the jungles are usually very reserved. I have a sneaking suspicion that Iquitos on the other hand is one of the best places in the world for a single male with blue eyes. Go have a look. When I was there I thought I was in a Spanish-speaking version of southeast Asia.

I've really been considering going to Tacna, Peru (the very south of the country) because I know a woman there who I am very fond of. We met over two years ago on a domestic plane flight in Peru.

But Peruvians don't treat you like a dirt bag just because you're a white male. Quite the contrary, they treat you with extreme courtesy. Going to Peru is like diving into an ocean of support and I make no exaggeration when I say that I simply felt a lot better about myself as a human being after living there.

Oh, I have the feeling that I would have the same experience as this guy. That sounds like exactly what I need in my life. I haven't gotten this sense anywhere else. Definitely didn't get it in Guatemala, and everytime I go to Mexico the women are pretty nice, but they certainly don't seem to go the extra mile like Peruanas tend to. Mexican women actually seem somewhat abrasive to me. I like the easygoing, happy-go-lucky, bubbly, super-positive kind of female personality, and that seems to be more common in Peru.

The girl I know there definitely gives me this vibe as well. Her personality is very close to how I envision the ideal woman. I think it would be a shame not to get to know her better. But I'd probably get distracted along the way ;)

My concern is that Tacna wouldn't be as friendly to blue eyed westerners as other parts of Peru, because it is so close to Chile. Anyone have any experience in that part of Peru bordering Chile? I have a couple friends who have lived in Chile, and it doesn't sound as pleasant as Peru socially.

Has anyone travelled abroad just for the women? I know...stupid question, but I mean it in the sense that you have to kind of give up on your career goals.

chibolo wrote:I spent 6 years in Peru with my Peruana ex (2 years in Chimbote, 4 in Trujillo). Is it a paradise? No, far from it. Don't get me wrong, I love Peru, but it is a country with a lot of problems, mainly INSANE crime levels. Apart from this, it IS a very cool place though. It has great food, places to visit, excellent nightlife and yes, beautiful women (although a lot of guys don't seem to like Peruanas).

What do you mean by "INSANE" crime levels? What makes it any worse than any other place in Latin America? I was there for two weeks travelling through various parts, and didn't witness any crime. Just don't walk around at night?

Thanks for letting me know about the streets of lima blog. I'll be spending hours on there now.
rudder
Freshman Poster

Next

Return to Latin America, Mexico, Central America