Good Mexican cities to vacation in? (ONLY NONTOURIST CITIES)

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

Good Mexican cities to vacation in? (ONLY NONTOURIST CITIES)

Post by The_Hero_of_Men »

I have decided that I want to vacation in Mexico for the time being after I graduate from college, but not knowing any good, NON-TOURIST cities, I come to you, anyone who has ever vacationed/lived in Mexico, for advice on where I can vacation, and if you have some ideas but don't want to share them on the board, feel free to send me a PM on here.

Also, are there like any inexpensive hostels anywhere in Mexico, or would I need to spend some money on a hotel? Even so, how much are hostels/hotels (inexpensive ones!!!) per night in Mexico?

I asked my Liberal Arts Math professor this morning where I could vacation in Mexico, and he told me "the tourist cities". As if I am going to listen to a Liberal Arts instructor on where to vacation in Mexico... I want anywhere but the tourist cities, as long as it is as safe as possible.
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

These have some tourists but not too many:

Guanajuato
Querétaro
Valle de Bravo
Xalapa
Cuatro Ciénegas (near the border)
AnonymousAmerican
Freshman Poster

Post by AnonymousAmerican »

Go to Guadalajara. That place is beautiful, and it's the best place of Mexico to find women. trust me on the women part. ;)
A bartender told me this while I was in Guadalajara Mexico:

"If you aren't careful here with the women, you will be married in a week."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMNPv_HXffQ

how I live my life.

how to survive in the US: viewtopic.php?t=19236
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Hostels in Mexico are generally about $10 / night. A regular single budget motel room would be around $20 / night.

Just go to Google and type in "hostels [whatever city]."

Actually, certain cities in Mexico tend to attract the intelligent European backpacker types but not the American partiers, such as:
- Guadalajara
- Guanajuato
- Morelia
- Puebla
- Oaxaca City
- San Cristobal de las Casas

Those are actually among my favorite cities in Mexico, and have very authentic Spanish colonial feels to them. These cities have beautiful cobblestone streets, cathedrals, plazas, and fantastic restaurants and markets. I'd very strongly recommend these cities for first-time visitors.

I did this as soon as I started going to college. Most of my other schoolmates, like some HA members here, avoided Mexico on purpose because of all the mainstream media brainwashing, while the rest of us guys got to have the times of our lives. :wink: I'm sure you'll get a lot of naysayers who have never been to Mexico within the past few years. The trick is to do the opposite of whatever they say.

Far fewer American tourists are visiting Mexico nowadays. Most of the tourists I've seen in Mexico are actually from Europe, with some Australians, Canadians, South Koreans, and Japanese too. Well, all the American media brainwashing means that many of the more ignorant tourists aren't banging up Mexico anymore. :D