Frustrated: Black American Men in Brazil (Documentary)

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
ILoveBlackAmericanWomen
Freshman Poster

Post by ILoveBlackAmericanWomen »

"Brazil the second largest Black population in the world"

Why the heck am I not there???

I wonder why people look at Black Americans as the representation of Blacks world wide when there are only a few Blacks here in North America. I love how Brazilian Blacks kept the African culture. The energy and vibe of Black people there is so different than here.
To be white or black - is to not be a human, but a living definition and label. To be a slave to definition, to fashion, to the industries that market us like cattle, emptying our pockets like the udders of the cow, being paid to cut our bodies for cosmetics, benefiting off of putting harsh chemicals on our heads, making money off of us choosing to live and participate in the reality they created. Don't be "black", don't be "white", don''t be "Asian", don't be "Latin." Destroy the illusion, become human.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

ILB, because the usa blacks are the elite of the blacks. the world knows many blacks of the usa but none from brazil.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

I'm roasting that pendejita. I always give apoyo with the adobo to Stephen for support!
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
ILoveBlackAmericanWomen
Freshman Poster

Post by ILoveBlackAmericanWomen »

Billy wrote:ILB, because the usa blacks are the elite of the blacks. the world knows many blacks of the usa but none from brazil.
True..I just prefer Black Brazilians to be the ones representing us as a whole than American Blacks because they seem to be more in touch and content with their roots.
To be white or black - is to not be a human, but a living definition and label. To be a slave to definition, to fashion, to the industries that market us like cattle, emptying our pockets like the udders of the cow, being paid to cut our bodies for cosmetics, benefiting off of putting harsh chemicals on our heads, making money off of us choosing to live and participate in the reality they created. Don't be "black", don't be "white", don''t be "Asian", don't be "Latin." Destroy the illusion, become human.
pandabear
Veteran Poster

Post by pandabear »

pandabear
Veteran Poster

Post by pandabear »

djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Not surprised its been mentioned here. Its been released to You Tube so many people who didn't buy the DVD can now watch it.

There is been quite a bit of reaction too it. I found some elements troubling...

The men interviewed give the impression they are just looking to have their ego's stroked. While those who have made the move and are Expats have become apart of the community and have relationships.

The response from the BW is typical and expected.

Overall its okay..
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Falcon,
The link to your video is broken. That documentary is now at this link.

Frustrated: Black American Men in Brazil

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Boxman
Freshman Poster

Documentary: Black men finding happiness in Brazil

Post by Boxman »

Sorry if this has been posted before; long but very enlightening:

It's striking how the complaints of these men mirror the experiences of men from other races in America, too. Most of these men appear to have found their "happier abroad" solution, and I say good for them. They're actually doing what we mostly talk about here. Watch the documentary (just play the parts where the expat black men are being interviewed - skip all the boring crap in between). You'll find it inspiring.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Documentary: Frustrated Black American Men in Brazil

Post by Winston »

Black Men and Brazilian Women: A Winning Team

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeQoSICi02U[/youtube]
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Frustrated: Black American Men in Brazil (Documentary)

Post by Winston »

Black Love Abroad - A Review of the Frustrated Documentary

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6axg_ajCPc[/youtube]

Playlist for 26 videos about black American men being happier abroad.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... xyyaINhBAl

IraqVet2003
Junior Poster

Re: Documentary: Frustrated Black American Men in Brazil

Post by IraqVet2003 »

Winston wrote:Black Men and Brazilian Women: A Winning Team

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeQoSICi02U[/youtube]
Winston this is a great video!!! I have seen this a few times!!
IraqVet2003
Junior Poster

Re:

Post by IraqVet2003 »

Falcon wrote:The first part is by far the most valuable one, but too bad it got taken down. (From my own memory) It also contains comments by black American women such as:

- A lot of black men don't want anything to do with the sistahs. I say, they should at least give black women a chance. But they won't, because they say they're done with black women.
- If I've got everything, I don't find myself in needing a man that much.
- I'm not dating a man who's less educated than I am.
- Women want to feel secure. If something happens to my own job, the man should be able to fill in.
- If I'm making six figures, he should make at least $75k.
- Most of my friends who are black women, with J.D.'s, M.D.'s, Ph.D.'s - are single.
- I have a bachelor's degree - I'm going for a master's soon hopefully - and I prefer a man with at least that level of education. That's not asking much. Because if you don't, what does that say about your priorities on education. I know, some people might have had financial problems or familial problems preventing them from getting higher education, but still. It shows you don't place that much of an emphasis on education.
- More than 50% of all black women are single.

Then the black American men in Brazil say:
- This place is heaven. Once you come here, you don't ever want to go back.
- I tell my friends back home, "Don't come to Brazil." Because if you come here alone, and go back to see your wife, you will be seriously depressed. Instead, take your wife on an Alaskan cruise, but just don't come down here. (chuckles)
- Things are real bad back in the States.
- You can't ever hug a woman back in the States. If you do she might - yeah - call the cops on you or something. But here, people do it all the time.
- This is something that every black man should see at least once - ONCE - in his lifetime.
- The world is a far far bigger place than most Americans believe it to be. Get out there, and see the world for yourself. It's really gonna change you.
- The girls down here all know how to treat a man and respect a man. Back in the States, I'd know a woman for less than a week, and she'd start giving me all that baggage. I mean, come on, we just got to know each other! Here in Brazil, the girls don't do that kind of stuff.
- I'd tell the women back home, "I want to see your credit report, not your medical one."
- Many of the women back home have been married 4 or 5 times. I think it's better to say they're DIVORCED 4 or 5 times. Because if they can't stay in a relationship for a long period of time, then they've got serious issues.

A tiny sample of the first part of "Frustrated":
http://vimeo.com/15793619

Trailers:
http://vimeo.com/14213698
http://vimeo.com/14287258

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb5cyFyhfN8[/youtube]

Al Greeze talks about his documentary:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90XjHndBKJI[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIjCGOfKxrk[/youtube]
This was one of the best videos I have seen on youtube.com!!!!
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Frustrated: Black American Men in Brazil (Documentary)

Post by Winston »

Round table discussion among black men about the movie "Frustrated".

Part 1

Part 2

Interview with Al Greeze, the creator of the Frustrated documentary.