Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Mexican Woman - Pickup and First Date in Puerto Vallarta

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby Rock » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:04 am

Falcon wrote:
Jester wrote:I say we fire Winston and replace him with Falcon.

Hahaha, I was actually thinking Winston's aunt could run HA though! I met up with her in Las Vegas, and she's quite an incredible person. Winston's aunt has been all over Europe and the Middle East too, and has traveled to China, Australia, and many other places. She seems to agree with Winston's HappierAbroad claims, and is much more open-minded than the typical Taiwanese granny is.

I've asked Rock if he wanted to be an HA admin, but he says he prefers to be a self-motivated contributor rather than a manager.

Falcon you were just in Vegas so I assume you are getting around by car. So why didn't u drag Winston's ass with you! Heck, u coulda brought the aunt too lol.

Seriously, that guy hasn't been in a fresh country since he first went to Phils. And that was eons ago. I tried to get him to Thailand with an invitation a year plus ago but he didn't bite.

It woulda been so damn easy for him to go to China when he was in Taiwan and now that he is Stateside, Mexico would is a piece of cake. Yet it never happens. I think a lot here would love to see the "World according to Winston" perspective on some new countries.

Anyway, you guys think he's ever gonna see anywhere outside of Taiwan/Angeles/USA for the rest of his life?
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Jester » Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:17 pm

Rock wrote:
Falcon you were just in Vegas so I assume you are getting around by car. So why didn't u drag Winston's a** with you! Heck, u coulda brought the aunt too lol.

Seriously, that guy hasn't been in a fresh country since he first went to Phils. And that was eons ago. I tried to get him to Thailand with an invitation a year plus ago but he didn't bite.

It woulda been so damn easy for him to go to China when he was in Taiwan and now that he is Stateside, Mexico would is a piece of cake. Yet it never happens. I think a lot here would love to see the "World according to Winston" perspective on some new countries.

Anyway, you guys think he's ever gonna see anywhere outside of Taiwan/Angeles/USA for the rest of his life?

We already established a meetup board.

But now I am thinking, maybe we should establish a COUCHSURFING board. JUST FOR WINSTON!
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Falcon » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:32 am

I did drag Winston around in my car. We went hiking in the mountains and drove around the Las Vegas Strip. But he kept wanting to go to all sorts of buffets and wanted to go back home because he had all that "stuff" to do on the computer. I showed him plane tickets too, but he says he'd only buy them 2 weeks in advance because of the prices. (???)

Mark Lambo drives from Las Vegas to Tijuana every once in a while. Winston has a car too, so he could easily do the same.

Oh well, it's his call. Winston still does a great job of running the forum though. :P
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Postby Jester » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:24 am

Falcon wrote:I did drag Winston around in my car. We went hiking in the mountains and drove around the Las Vegas Strip. But he kept wanting to go to all sorts of buffets and wanted to go back home because he had all that "stuff" to do on the computer. I showed him plane tickets too, but he says he'd only buy them 2 weeks in advance because of the prices. (???)

Mark Lambo drives from Las Vegas to Tijuana every once in a while. Winston has a car too, so he could easily do the same.

Oh well, it's his call. Winston still does a great job of running the forum though. :P

:D :wink:
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Billy » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:47 pm

winston is the forum guy, falcon is the guy on the field. falcon, if the chicks in your pictures are nice i will think about mexico too. so you think sa beats asia?
Billy
Experienced Poster

Postby gsjackson » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:32 pm

I live sixty miles from the Mexican border, and would love to spend some time there. My only experience with a Mexican woman here in the US was just that easy. But I can't get beyond the possibility of kidnapping, getting caught in a drug crossfire, etc. How realistic are these fears?
gsjackson
Experienced Poster

Postby Falcon » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:13 pm

gsjackson wrote:But I can't get beyond the possibility of kidnapping, getting caught in a drug crossfire, etc. How realistic are these fears?

The answer is blatently obvious: The US Matrix machine wants to keep you inside. :P

Also, I am living proof that Mexico is not Somalia or Afghanistan. :wink:
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Postby mguy » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:31 pm

Winston enamorado en el mundo hispano????????

I would read that. Wondering how he'll find the experience and what he will bitch about.
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Like to read?Third World Hero
Like to see?3WorldHero -- Did he really just do that?

mguy
Junior Poster

Postby gsjackson » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:40 pm

James Taylor expressed the perspective of this thread almost 40 years ago:

"feel a fool running your stateside games"

"sounds so simple I just got to go"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQnHAb_6sOs
gsjackson
Experienced Poster

Postby Jester » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:31 am

gsjackson wrote:I live sixty miles from the Mexican border, and would love to spend some time there. My only experience with a Mexican woman here in the US was just that easy. But I can't get beyond the possibility of kidnapping, getting caught in a drug crossfire, etc. How realistic are these fears?

Aren't you in Arizona?

Head west a little. Mexicali. Not much narco crime and not too many gringo tourists.
http://articles.latimes.com/2009/sep/16 ... mexicali16

Known for having lots of pretty women in government jobs and universities. Closeby and driveable.

Hot though. But coming from ARIZONA, you may still need to bring a sweater. ;)
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Jester » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:36 am

gsjackson wrote:James Taylor expressed the perspective of this thread almost 40 years ago:

"feel a fool running your stateside games"

"sounds so simple I just got to go"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQnHAb_6sOs

Nice.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby gsjackson » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:52 am

Jester wrote:
gsjackson wrote:I live sixty miles from the Mexican border, and would love to spend some time there. My only experience with a Mexican woman here in the US was just that easy. But I can't get beyond the possibility of kidnapping, getting caught in a drug crossfire, etc. How realistic are these fears?

Aren't you in Arizona?

Head west a little. Mexicali. Not much narco crime and not too many gringo tourists.
http://articles.latimes.com/2009/sep/16 ... mexicali16

Known for having lots of pretty women in government jobs and universities. Closeby and driveable.

Hot though. But coming from ARIZONA, you may still need to bring a sweater. ;)

Yeah, I'm in Tucson. It would be drivable, and probably a better destination than Nogales, which is the poor, dusty border town 60 miles away. The article suggests the extent of narco-crime isn't clear, but kidnapping is much more of a concern to me. Says the last one was a year ago. I'm not sure whether to take comfort in that or not. Thanks for the suggestion.
gsjackson
Experienced Poster

Postby celery2010 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:02 am

Falcon wrote:I'm back in Mexico now. For me, it's much easier to score women here than in either China or Thailand (non-P4P of course). In Mexico, I could pick up potential girlfriends in less than a week or so, but Asia would take more patience, since one week is usually not enough.

I just got hit on by some mamasitas from Durango and Sinaloa. The whiter mestizas from northern Mexico can be quite aggressive with me. They stare at me straight in the eye and can get very directly flirty. This is because the northern Mexicans are known to be much more aggressive and rowdier, like the Colombians. Oaxaca and Chiapas women are more conservative and not as outrageously flirty, but still incredibly open and easy to flirt with compared to, say, Taiwanese women.

They're nothing like the Chiang Mai ladies that Rock had tried to get me to talk to in Bangkok!

Is it safe in Sinaloa and Durango? I was in Mexico over a decade ago when it was safe, but the northern states, i've heard are borderline unsafe due to the drug war, or maybe it is south enough that violence is far away?
celery2010
Freshman Poster

Postby Falcon » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:43 am

celery2010 wrote:Is it safe in Sinaloa and Durango? I was in Mexico over a decade ago when it was safe, but the northern states, i've heard are borderline unsafe due to the drug war, or maybe it is south enough that violence is far away?

I think it's a good idea to not tune into American propaganda. I've answered this dozens of times on this forum already. :P
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Previous

Return to Latin America, Mexico, Central America