Dating scene in Colombia

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

Repatriate wrote:
kai1275 wrote:
Very very few Nigerians succeed like that. Most dress like last years swag catalog, wack haircuts usually, fake gucci and LV shoes/shirts, etc. You can even tell when they are Nigerian-FOB just by looking at them, even before they open their mouths. I see some of them in Guangzhou and I struggle to keep my laughs muffled. Only those guys from the Congo are worse.

An African without an African accent can be as successful as a non-African, but they have to make sure they do the other small things well too, like learning the language, well dressed, good manners, know the culture, etc.

All men would be better, especially HA forum posters, if they had short memory after a rejection like those guys had...
Yeah it doesn't seem to work most of the time but i've seen them pick up backpacker girls before so it does work on some women. I've also seen Nigerians with Thai girls before too so it's not totally unheard of. I think for these guys it's 100% a hardcore numbers game.

Most Africans in Thailand are in the precious stones business or they are straight up dealing drugs for some cartel. Thai law enforcement obviously gets paid off but i'm not sure how the system works with these guys.
It's not really too much about numbers game, they might be doing some of the small things correctly. Interest in a black man is higher than it appears to most, but it needs to meet some minimum of the terms and conditions these women. One thing remains consistent though, at least in China. I do not see many Africans with 8+ women. I have seen 2 with really pretty ones like myself. Although a 5-7 from Guangzhou with thick legs, thighs, and ass that would make Irizarry and rock super jealous, is a huge win for those guys in my opinion. I had no idea so many were like that over there until I went there to meet my wife the first time, I knew a few ladies from there like that I met online, but I had no idea that was common there.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I heard that Colombian girls are very cliquish in nightclubs and hang in closed groups, like in America, and that they are only open to approaches during the day. Is that true?

How are they different from Mexican women?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

Winston wrote:I heard that Colombian girls are very cliquish in nightclubs and hang in closed groups, like in America, and that they are only open to approaches during the day. Is that true?

How are they different from Mexican women?
The ones in the US are like that here in Houston area. I cannot speak on them in the home country.
kai8482
Freshman Poster

Post by kai8482 »

Interesting thread. I've been trying to meet women from Colombia online and it hasn't been going very well. I'm trying to line something up for my Dec debute. The chicks I have talked to have been low caliber. Reading this is making me think twice but we'll see though
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
Check out Steve Neese's new project on his site, where he compares nightlife in the US vs. Colombia, and shows the ASTOUNDING difference with many photos to make his case. It's FANTASTIC and very revealing! Wow! The women in Colombia definitely look much more approachable. Check it out at his new link below:

http://www.globaldatingsolution.com/wom ... tlife.html
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Rayn
Freshman Poster

Post by Rayn »

Winston wrote:Hi all,
Check out Steve Neese's new project on his site, where he compares nightlife in the US vs. Colombia, and shows the ASTOUNDING difference with many photos to make his case. It's FANTASTIC and very revealing! Wow! The women in Colombia definitely look much more approachable. Check it out at his new link below:

Wow....not only that, but does anyone notice that compared to the Colombian ladies, the American ones would look HIDEOUSLY UGLY with their makeup off? A bunch of plain janes trying too hard to look pretty they end up looking like tramps.

On an semi-related Note, at a french-speaking meetup I attended once I had people calling me I look like a Colombian once. Heh, I'll probably blend right in if I move there.
kai8482
Freshman Poster

Post by kai8482 »

Wow, what a huge difference. Its almost scary
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Mguy and Kai are knocking it out of the park again!

I've never been about high style, I've always wondered if that sh*t worked. Maybe in America where women are looking for cues like the shoes you have on and the watch your wearing to get an idea how much money you have/make (or how much credit card debt you got, which likely matches her's).

I dress clean but more modestly and I guess that works anywhere.

I agree if you look too put together women in Latin America will AUTOMATICALLY think you're some sort of Player which they already have a problem with their own men.

They sort of want a man with a few flaws that they can either be improved or know won't be a threat from other women (once they get to know you).

Cheating is quite popular in these hot blooded Latin countries and the men are more often than not engage in it because in most cases he is the bread winner and wives have to tolerate it.

PUA behave more like Latin Men and that's a turnoff. Sure it might get you laid, especially if your a White guy because ultimately these women want their own "Justin Bieber" (White skin, Light Eyes). Latinos are more color struck than Blacks are...

That is why I agree with Mguy and I have seen the data, statistically you stand a better chance as a Black Man in Brazil than you do in Colombia or any other Latin American country. For one thing, the Afro-Brazilian population is less ostracized than in Colombia or Dominican Republic and among the lower classes; they are free to marry each other without much controversy. Poll data has shown that Brazilians generally think its okay for a White skin Brazilian woman to marry a Black Male if he financially secure; which is why you see attractive Brazilian women with Brazilian footballers and entertainers.

The Brazilian Power couple was Xuxa and Pele

While I am not a football or entertainer, I am a middle class "Gringo" and that is just as effective. I can understand what Stephan says because he's in apart of Brazil that's majority Black and they also make up the majority of poor in Bahia. But in Rio or Sao Paulo if my address in certain areas, that is a powerful signal that I am not apart of their local Black population.

Just as Winning and Horsepower solves many problems, so does M-O-N-E-Y. Which is also why I am curious if working at a Hostel would impact my ability to date and I haven't gotten a straight answer on that one yet.

As I have also said before, being a tourist and trying to put the Mack on local women just to say you don't pay for pu**y is silly to me. Go to a Terma and pay for it, you'll likely to get PSE out of White skinned Brazilian that's a 8-9 on anybody's scale for about $100US than to constantly frustrate yourself.

Or do as Stephan says, go after Afro Brazilians, they'll be actually excited you want to talk to them....
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

kai8482 wrote:Interesting thread. I've been trying to meet women from Colombia online and it hasn't been going very well. I'm trying to line something up for my Dec debute. The chicks I have talked to have been low caliber. Reading this is making me think twice but we'll see though
Colombia is strictly a numbers game. If you have the time, patience and are looking for a Morena (Brown skin) or Blanca (White skin) Colombian woman that's what it will take. Not impossible at all and I wouldn't use the internet strictly and I would learn Spanish, because again the majority of these countries the people do not speak English as a second language.

I will guarantee the Colombian women featured on Steve's site, 95% of them don't speak English more than a few words. You'll never be able to have a real conversation with them.

The only place you'll find English speaking women in a social environment is usually in P4P joints geared toward gringo tourist or Irish pubs which usually has over age 30 chicas looking for a Gringo.

I have gleaned places online enough to know Colombia is not ideal for Black Men, no place is but your chances improve in other places.

With a little time however anything is possible, so as I said its best NOT to be a tourist. If time is short your better off going to one of the many singles tours that go on down there or do as Tony Bochene has suggested -

1. Go alone or with a Wingman on the same mission as you.
2. Find a local English student, tell her your intentions and give her a fair wage.
3. Setup dates in various ways (random pickups, internet, etc)

The student will act as your interpreter but its still best if you know a bit of Spanish just so there's no misunderstandings. Man it seems like I have said this a hundred times. You should line up as many women per day as you can physically handle. If you do a series of 10-15 min meet and greets to see if there's any mutual spark, that's all it should take. Once you got a list of viable candidates, you can work it down from there.

This should take about 10 days and total cost of dates, paying your freelance interpreter, four star hotel for about 10 days is what it roughly cost to go on a tour with one of these companies, airfare included (say $2,000)
kai8482
Freshman Poster

Post by kai8482 »

djfourmoney wrote:
kai8482 wrote:Interesting thread. I've been trying to meet women from Colombia online and it hasn't been going very well. I'm trying to line something up for my Dec debute. The chicks I have talked to have been low caliber. Reading this is making me think twice but we'll see though
Colombia is strictly a numbers game. If you have the time, patience and are looking for a Morena (Brown skin) or Blanca (White skin) Colombian woman that's what it will take. Not impossible at all and I wouldn't use the internet strictly and I would learn Spanish, because again the majority of these countries the people do not speak English as a second language.

I will guarantee the Colombian women featured on Steve's site, 95% of them don't speak English more than a few words. You'll never be able to have a real conversation with them.

The only place you'll find English speaking women in a social environment is usually in P4P joints geared toward gringo tourist or Irish pubs which usually has over age 30 chicas looking for a Gringo.

I have gleaned places online enough to know Colombia is not ideal for Black Men, no place is but your chances improve in other places.

With a little time however anything is possible, so as I said its best NOT to be a tourist. If time is short your better off going to one of the many singles tours that go on down there or do as Tony Bochene has suggested -

1. Go alone or with a Wingman on the same mission as you.
2. Find a local English student, tell her your intentions and give her a fair wage.
3. Setup dates in various ways (random pickups, internet, etc)

The student will act as your interpreter but its still best if you know a bit of Spanish just so there's no misunderstandings. Man it seems like I have said this a hundred times. You should line up as many women per day as you can physically handle. If you do a series of 10-15 min meet and greets to see if there's any mutual spark, that's all it should take. Once you got a list of viable candidates, you can work it down from there.

This should take about 10 days and total cost of dates, paying your freelance interpreter, four star hotel for about 10 days is what it roughly cost to go on a tour with one of these companies, airfare included (say $2,000)
I've definitely noticed South America is class based discrimination more than just color based. I think once people know your Mid class black American they'd warm up and when you start going out and show your not just some po boy. Going out for dinner and getting drinks and so some class people (mujeres) will want to get to know you. Like DJ IV Money, I don't dress down like that but I always roll clean, I'm not flashy. I don't think it'll be a total fail and will be ok, but we'll find out most def find out.

Yo estudio Español en Clase. Yo quiero tomar bailer class para Bachata tambien. Espero conocer un poco pesronas

Also, afterwards if any one is down to take a trip to Peru w/ me next year let me know. I saw the other thread w/ the chicks and it caught my interest. The majority of'em were nice to me.
Last edited by kai8482 on October 22nd, 2013, 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Professor
Freshman Poster

Re: Dating scene in Colombia

Post by The Professor »

jfk wrote:I am from Cali, Colombia and live in Bogota like 10 years.. when i see the description that Winston made about american women i only was seeing the same about colombian girls.... in colombia, unless you are european type.. you have to work hard to get a girl.. i cant remember a girl who didnt have at leat 2 o 3 guys trying to getting her.. we colombians move in clicks.. if you are not part of one click is also hard to meet a girl ,, the class system in colombia is brutal.. and racism is rampant.. we say that colombia it a copy of the united state but a bad one.. crime is high, girls have sense of self importance, and .. they test you .. if you are boring ( guebon..= imbecil) they dont even answer the phone.. they like guys who are like leader,, funny , TALL, who doesnt allow to be PICK ON.. if you are white boy,, its an advantage,, but if you are minority,, sorry.. and to have sex with them, if she is middle class,, you have to be her boyfriend at least 3 months... they care too much who you are ,, who are your friends, what kind of job you have,, and also the age,, once you hit 30 years old,, you are old.. even to get a job.. i dont nothing to win telling lies ,, i live in Austin since 2002 and i dont want to go back to that shithole.. !!! good luck!!!
So every woman has a bunch of guys trying to get her? Women get to be picky? Women don't like guys over 30 unless they are wealthy?

Sounds like the dating scene everywhere. The dating scene is bad everywhere for men unless they are young and handsome or wealthy.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

I think Steve's intentions are good, but I wouldn't rely too much on visual comparison based on a bunch of nightlife shots. At least in the way they dress and strut along, Colombian girls try their best to mimic their Miami counterparts. As confirmed by countless Colombians in Medellin and even a few here in London, everything from sense of fashion to make up, to accessories to even slang, closely follows the motions of the coastal American lifestyle.

What makes Colombian women unique is what one cannot quite fathom from the photos alone. It's the fact that they still give a lot of value to a stable, fulfilling and harmonious relationship with a man, and I don't mean a sex-for-social-status exchange, but an all-round one where roles are respected, physical contact is mutually fulfilling, social status goes in hand with professional status and moral dignity and children are nurtured and supported by massive extended families. Needless to say, most of those great-looking women also tend to be university students of the smartest kind and projected towards, if not already having, decent to bright professional careers themselves. That sense of pride in being beautiful inside and outside is also carried later in life, which is why, when they can afford it (and often even when they can't), they happily turn to their surgeons and manage to appear as fresh and gorgeous as in their mid-20's, if not more so.

What some of you tend to delude yourselves with, is that Colombia is that Nirvana of beautiful young women who can give orders of magnitude more than they are happy to receive. It's not the case. Another big mistake is making Colombia and the Philippines interchangeable in terms of dating culture. While they share the same Spaniard/American social and moral backbone, Colombia has grown leaps and bounds in terms of national pride and independence. To the point that, at least in places like Medellin and Bogota, being a Gringo and boasting it is something that is met with indifference. Being genuinely interested in embracing their language, their culture, their dancing and food, and their revamped pride, even at the cost of slightly pandering to their provincial naivety, that will cut it a lot better.
travelsouth
Freshman Poster

Post by travelsouth »

I actually think the photos do tell a real story. Which grouping of women looks more approachable? You are talking to a 30 year old guy that has done the college parties and club scene for long enough. The best way to get young gringas is to "act a fool". If you treat them like shit and act like Quagmire (Family Guy) you'll do fine. These women group up and act very unapproachable so if you flirt and just don't give a "fork" then you'll do fine. If you are looking for a serious/mature/adult long-term relationship you better forget it. Even if you look good and have a good job you still gotta either treat them like total crap or play their game. I find neither option to be ideal for me.

I've used women and broken down their BS to reveal the unsecure people that they really are but you always feel like crap for doing it. Guys that aren't screwing hot chicks are unhappy and the guys that are getting decent strange eventually grow bored with the shallowness and fakeness of it all.

Colombia has it's own problems too. Regardless of where you look the goal for me is to find an educated and serious girl.
jmbPtforlife
Freshman Poster

Post by jmbPtforlife »

I agree about the racism. If you are black or asian it's tougher. If you are white its a bonus. Mexican guys I know have done ok in Medellin. Especially if you speak good spanish.

I disagree that the women are good at being faithful and really in their heart usually want that. They rampantly cheat IMHO. I have to be the only one of my close friends who has never eventually found out about other lovers / husbands / fiances / moranos (i think thats how you spell dude who pays your bills for the occasional f**k)

I think you can easily do an age gap of 15 years and have a "normal relationship" in comparison to the 70 year old dude with the 18 year old arrangement.
ChampionKaji
Freshman Poster

Post by ChampionKaji »

kai1275 wrote:
SilverEnergy wrote:I was on a Columbian marriage agency website and there were a few black men who had found wives in Columbia.

They were well dressed black men.
Any well dressed and successful black man can pretty much get whatever he wants really.
This is not true at all. A well-dressed Black man has a better chance than a hood-ass nyugga in general, but also in general, girls do not like Black men. The hood-ass nyugga will probably do better with girls that have Black fetishes too because that's what the media portrays. That's what I experienced when i was in Japan.

Also, the well-dressed Black man certainly isn't getting what he wants if Johnny blue eyes, fiery Jose, or rich Chang/Iron Shiek want it, especially if he's in Latin America or East Asia. Black men tend to pick up the scraps that others leave behind.