Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme


Where to find women

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

The Spirit
Freshman Poster
Posts: 5
Joined: July 11th, 2013, 6:08 am

Where to find women

Post by The Spirit » July 15th, 2013, 10:56 pm

Hello all!

I have been living in Mexico City for some time now, but I am considering going to another part of Mexico or possibly even to South America. Women here in the DF aren't too fond of Americans. I do OK, but would love to meet women that are not so anti-American as they are here in Mexico City.

Does anyone know about Guadalajara as a good place to meet women? How about Chile?

Thanks!




Check out our Dating Sites and International Romance Tours!



Falcon
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1844
Joined: November 7th, 2011, 12:59 am

Post by Falcon » July 16th, 2013, 7:32 am

Hi Spirit, welcome to the forum! Almost all of Latin America is fond of Americans, such as Guatemala, El Salvador, Colombia, and Peru. Mexico would definitely rank top on being anti-American, since many neighbors don't tend to get along well.

El Salvador is sometimes known as the US's little brother, and the dollar is used there as well. Guatemalans generally have much higher opinions of Americans than many Mexicans would, as Guatemala has had a lot of white American missionaries and aid workers. As for Colombia, many women there actively seek out gringo husbands.

Many Mexicans I've met have been very openly anti-Anglo, although I'd say more than half aren't. The states that have been sending large numbers of migrants to the US for many decades (such as Michoacan, Jalisco, and Guanajuato) can be the most anti-American.

Do keep us updated on your adventures. Again, welcome! :D

Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 4559
Joined: July 9th, 2011, 5:30 pm

Re: Where to find women

Post by Taco » July 16th, 2013, 7:41 am

The Spirit wrote:Hello all!

I have been living in Mexico City for some time now, but I am considering going to another part of Mexico or possibly even to South America. Women here in the DF aren't too fond of Americans. I do OK, but would love to meet women that are not so anti-American as they are here in Mexico City.

Does anyone know about Guadalajara as a good place to meet women? How about Chile?

Thanks!
I've heard that there's so many gay guys in Guadalajara that the women can't find a boyfriend.

The Spirit
Freshman Poster
Posts: 5
Joined: July 11th, 2013, 6:08 am

Post by The Spirit » July 16th, 2013, 7:47 pm

Falcon wrote:Hi Spirit, welcome to the forum! Almost all of Latin America is fond of Americans, such as Guatemala, El Salvador, Colombia, and Peru. Mexico would definitely rank top on being anti-American, since many neighbors don't tend to get along well.

El Salvador is sometimes known as the US's little brother, and the dollar is used there as well. Guatemalans generally have much higher opinions of Americans than many Mexicans would, as Guatemala has had a lot of white American missionaries and aid workers. As for Colombia, many women there actively seek out gringo husbands.

Many Mexicans I've met have been very openly anti-Anglo, although I'd say more than half aren't. The states that have been sending large numbers of migrants to the US for many decades (such as Michoacan, Jalisco, and Guanajuato) can be the most anti-American.

Do keep us updated on your adventures. Again, welcome! :D
Thanks Falcon! I may stay in Mexico a while longer because I can apply for my Permanent Resident card the end of this month if I'd like.

The Spirit
Freshman Poster
Posts: 5
Joined: July 11th, 2013, 6:08 am

Re: Where to find women

Post by The Spirit » July 16th, 2013, 7:48 pm

Taco wrote:
The Spirit wrote:Hello all!

I have been living in Mexico City for some time now, but I am considering going to another part of Mexico or possibly even to South America. Women here in the DF aren't too fond of Americans. I do OK, but would love to meet women that are not so anti-American as they are here in Mexico City.

Does anyone know about Guadalajara as a good place to meet women? How about Chile?

Thanks!
I've heard that there's so many gay guys in Guadalajara that the women can't find a boyfriend.
Hell, I might have to gibe Guadalajara a try then in the future.

GooMacgle
Freshman Poster
Posts: 56
Joined: January 20th, 2014, 2:57 am
Location: SoCal

Post by GooMacgle » January 31st, 2014, 5:12 am

People rating the women of the Americas at Ranker, currently rank the countries with the most beautiful women as follows (they have pictures at the site):

1. Venezuela
2. Brazil
3. Trinidad and Tobago
4. Puerto Rico
5. Saint Lucia
6. US
7. Canada
8. Martinique
9. Barbados
10. Argentina
11. Uruguay
12. Bolivia
13. Peru
14. Dominican Republic
15. Jamaica

Source: http://www.ranker.com/list/countries-of ... 1/mtechman

Mexico was way down the list at #32. I know these rating things are not scientific, but sometimes there is a certain wisdom from pooling the views of several people. A lot of these women are real beauties and I'm rethinking some of the Latin countries closer to the US. These countries are closer to the US, many of them are fairly inexpensive, and they have some really beautiful women in places like Venezuela, Brazil, Trinidad & Tobago, Uruguay, Bolivia, and Dominican Republic. All of the race mixing in some of these countries has really produced some exotic beauties. I have been to Panama, Peru, Puerto Rico, and several of the Caribbean islands, but I was married at the time and could not fully assess things. I think it's time to revisit some of these places.

fschmidt
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2394
Joined: May 18th, 2008, 9:16 am
Location: El Paso, TX
Contact:

Re: Where to find women

Post by fschmidt » January 31st, 2014, 8:02 am

The Spirit wrote:I have been living in Mexico City for some time now, but I am considering going to another part of Mexico or possibly even to South America. Women here in the DF aren't too fond of Americans. I do OK, but would love to meet women that are not so anti-American as they are here in Mexico City.
I think being anti-American is a sign of intelligence and decency. Wouldn't any intelligent decent person generally hate Americans?

User avatar
Devi123
Freshman Poster
Posts: 1
Joined: October 15th, 2014, 4:37 pm

Re: Where to find women

Post by Devi123 » October 15th, 2014, 4:39 pm

El Salvador is sometimes known as the US's little brother, and the dollar is used there as well. Guatemalans generally have much higher opinions of Americans than many Mexicans would, as Guatemala has had a lot of white American missionaries and aid workers. As for Colombia, many women there actively seek out gringo husbands.
Kick

travelsouth
Freshman Poster
Posts: 403
Joined: October 8th, 2013, 6:20 pm

Re: Where to find women

Post by travelsouth » October 29th, 2014, 3:48 am

Mexico City chicas are actually very friendly. Something is up with the OP not DF.

User avatar
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2285
Joined: April 19th, 2013, 1:26 am
Location: The fuckin' U.S. of Gay *ugh*

Re: Where to find women

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer » October 29th, 2014, 9:23 pm

travelsouth wrote:Mexico City chicas are actually very friendly. Something is up with the OP not DF.
Something is up with most of the dudes on this site. A lot of omega males, forget about being betas; they've surpassed that. The ones whom come here once in awhile to add value are the most-productive ones whom are alpha and beta. There are a lot of guys on here with mental illnesses....some has "A.s.s."pherger's because their lives are straight buttocks...some have tinnitus and cannot hear anything past their delusional ringing in their ears. And they probably will PM you slandering me, but mind you, some of them envy me, some of them don't. This is why having a straight jacket sub forum (based off of Mancoat's Trollville) would do this site justice, if I were an administrator, I would exile a whooping majority of these omega herbs into that sub-forum. Men who want to come out of it would have to learn how to be men via trials and tribulations.
It's time to expatriate to evade your fate; it's time to expatriate before the barn door permanently closes on "US" sheep.
Debut mixtape "The Skilled Neophyte of RNB (x64)" dropping Spring 2016 - Follow me on Twitter @eirizarryRNB

travelsouth
Freshman Poster
Posts: 403
Joined: October 8th, 2013, 6:20 pm

Re: Where to find women

Post by travelsouth » October 30th, 2014, 1:30 am

Actually I think it is a mix between travelers and lonely guys that googled mail order bride on the internet or something. I actually like the fact that there are women in DF that are hot and have a social-life/career-life with things going for them. That doesn't make them like gringas just not desperate.

pete98146
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1130
Joined: June 22nd, 2009, 4:31 pm

Re: Where to find women

Post by pete98146 » October 30th, 2014, 7:40 pm

travelsouth wrote:Mexico City chicas are actually very friendly. Something is up with the OP not DF.
LOL any of you old farts remember chatting on ICQ? You'd turn it on and then anybody from anywhere in the world would initiate a chat request. I used to chat with this girl in Mexico City who came from a family of attorneys. She was on and off with her European boyfriend. Eventually I think she married the dude. Oddly, she started buying and sending me clothes to my house! But she was pretty cool. If she weren't obsessed with this other dude, I may have pursued her. She was pretty cute. I'm sure there are plenty of more like her in Mexico City....

hammanta
Junior Poster
Posts: 650
Joined: July 14th, 2013, 5:36 pm
Location: East Coast of USA

Re: Where to find women

Post by hammanta » October 30th, 2014, 8:47 pm

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
travelsouth wrote:Mexico City chicas are actually very friendly. Something is up with the OP not DF.
Something is up with most of the dudes on this site. A lot of omega males, forget about being betas; they've surpassed that. The ones whom come here once in awhile to add value are the most-productive ones whom are alpha and beta. There are a lot of guys on here with mental illnesses....some has "A.s.s."pherger's because their lives are straight buttocks...some have tinnitus and cannot hear anything past their delusional ringing in their ears. And they probably will PM you slandering me, but mind you, some of them envy me, some of them don't. This is why having a straight jacket sub forum (based off of Mancoat's Trollville) would do this site justice, if I were an administrator, I would exile a whooping majority of these omega herbs into that sub-forum. Men who want to come out of it would have to learn how to be men via trials and tribulations.
I'm not referring necessarily to the OP on this but...

I just think many have over expectations about females in other countries. I think a lot of guys have no gumption to pursue girls and expect the females to do all of the chasing. Or they want to know with 100% assurance they won't get turned down. Reminds me of the guys at a school dance who sit in the corner, getting jealous of all the others having fun, though never mustering up the nerve to ask a girl to dance. Others may just lack strong social skills or just happen to be that guy who says something really awkward at the worst time. Those skills for the most part can be learned and acquired.

pete98146
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1130
Joined: June 22nd, 2009, 4:31 pm

Re: Where to find women

Post by pete98146 » October 31st, 2014, 12:06 am

hammanta wrote:
E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
travelsouth wrote:Mexico City chicas are actually very friendly. Something is up with the OP not DF.
Something is up with most of the dudes on this site. A lot of omega males, forget about being betas; they've surpassed that. The ones whom come here once in awhile to add value are the most-productive ones whom are alpha and beta. There are a lot of guys on here with mental illnesses....some has "A.s.s."pherger's because their lives are straight buttocks...some have tinnitus and cannot hear anything past their delusional ringing in their ears. And they probably will PM you slandering me, but mind you, some of them envy me, some of them don't. This is why having a straight jacket sub forum (based off of Mancoat's Trollville) would do this site justice, if I were an administrator, I would exile a whooping majority of these omega herbs into that sub-forum. Men who want to come out of it would have to learn how to be men via trials and tribulations.
I'm not referring necessarily to the OP on this but...

I just think many have over expectations about females in other countries. I think a lot of guys have no gumption to pursue girls and expect the females to do all of the chasing. Or they want to know with 100% assurance they won't get turned down. Reminds me of the guys at a school dance who sit in the corner, getting jealous of all the others having fun, though never mustering up the nerve to ask a girl to dance. Others may just lack strong social skills or just happen to be that guy who says something really awkward at the worst time. Those skills for the most part can be learned and acquired.
I often wonder what percentage of the guys on here are actively chatting with women online? How much does it cost to join a site? $20 a month? If nothing else, it does build up your social skills with women which is a definite plus. I'll be you less than 10% of the guys on here chat with women on a regular basis. Me thinks HA forum is the domicile of the passive aggressive man (<----term man used loosely).

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 5749
Joined: April 17th, 2011, 2:23 am

Re: Where to find women

Post by Ghost » October 31st, 2014, 1:28 am

pete98146 wrote:
hammanta wrote:
E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
travelsouth wrote:Mexico City chicas are actually very friendly. Something is up with the OP not DF.
Something is up with most of the dudes on this site. A lot of omega males, forget about being betas; they've surpassed that. The ones whom come here once in awhile to add value are the most-productive ones whom are alpha and beta. There are a lot of guys on here with mental illnesses....some has "A.s.s."pherger's because their lives are straight buttocks...some have tinnitus and cannot hear anything past their delusional ringing in their ears. And they probably will PM you slandering me, but mind you, some of them envy me, some of them don't. This is why having a straight jacket sub forum (based off of Mancoat's Trollville) would do this site justice, if I were an administrator, I would exile a whooping majority of these omega herbs into that sub-forum. Men who want to come out of it would have to learn how to be men via trials and tribulations.
I'm not referring necessarily to the OP on this but...

I just think many have over expectations about females in other countries. I think a lot of guys have no gumption to pursue girls and expect the females to do all of the chasing. Or they want to know with 100% assurance they won't get turned down. Reminds me of the guys at a school dance who sit in the corner, getting jealous of all the others having fun, though never mustering up the nerve to ask a girl to dance. Others may just lack strong social skills or just happen to be that guy who says something really awkward at the worst time. Those skills for the most part can be learned and acquired.
I often wonder what percentage of the guys on here are actively chatting with women online? How much does it cost to join a site? $20 a month? If nothing else, it does build up your social skills with women which is a definite plus. I'll be you less than 10% of the guys on here chat with women on a regular basis. Me thinks HA forum is the domicile of the passive aggressive man (<----term man used loosely).
There are some here who don't even try and prefer to sit at home doing nothing and going nowhere. One major recurring problem is building up the resources to move abroad. I went abroad to teach and managed to stay abroad for over a year. Making a permanent move without really being prepared for it - or making an unstable move abroad - is not a good idea.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Latin America, Mexico, Central America”