Don't Bang Guanajuato!

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
rudder
Junior Poster

Don't Bang Guanajuato!

Post by rudder »

I realize a lot of the hype surrounding Guanajuato has a lot to do with Guanajuato city where many girls are away from their parents for the first time in one of the universities, and are getting their liberal indoctrination. Girls in a university come from wealthy families (by Guanajuato state's standards) and wealthy people are more likely to be open to casual sex. They feel freer and are looking to have a good time, so if you're in Guanajuato city during the school year, then I suppose it could be a good bang destination, and from everything I've read on the net, it is.

I just got back from very rural Guanajuato and also visited some nearby small cities. I would say right off the bat that in Guanajuato state (hearby referred to as simply GTO) the odds are against you. Sure you might stick out more, and get more looks than back home, BUT.......

Most women you might want are:
a)married or in a serious relationship
b)fat
c)have kids
d)underage
e)all of the above

There's a huge conservative vibe/ religious/ prude culture and girls seem to be with their families a lot. At one point I was hitting on a 16 year old girl while her mother was listening next to her and encouraging her to reciprocate to me. That was a classic "not in kansas anymore" moment. They seem difficult to get alone, and most girls seem to have rather depressed, apathetic personalities. Where's the peppy, bubbly, happy femenine energy I crave? The girls are easy enough to meet at first, and are usually very receptive, but I find that once I'm hanging out with them, they're just plain boring, and the interaction doesn't go anywhere.

I was only in GTO for a couple weeks. I met various women through introductions, cold approaches, social circle, etc. I would say only two women out of all the women I met, I could actually spend quality time with and have conversations. One was twice my age and one was fat.

I'm sure a lot of guys on this forum are just looking for a place to get easy and nice p***y. So, my advice is to stear clear of GTO. I'm sure there are other parts of Mexico that are much better. The first week of the trip I was just thinking about this forum and other similar forums, and how it seems like a big collective, "the grass is greener" mentality. I was looking around at all the fat people, the shitty streets, the unhealthy food and thinking I'd have to be crazy to actually decide to live there. I felt depressed a lot on the trip, and I kept remembering the time I lived in Spain, and how unpleasant that was after about nine months. I got really anxious while in Mexico, because I know that living in a foreign country is no cake walk, and the reason I was down there was to assess how it would be to live there.

Having said that all that, I'm extremely sad to be back home. I'm crying a lot.. I've travelled to a lot of different places, but I've never been this emotional upon returning home. Coming back home from a trip now feels akin to failing. I should try harder next time, and try to make it so I never have to come back. I'd like to be in that town right now. The town I was in had such a great community vibe to it, was very serene, close to nature, and I actually fell for a gordita the last night I was there. She had such a sweet personality and was so much fun I couldn't resist. It sucks to have to be back home after I finally connected with a nice girl.

I would say the main difference (not to sound melodramatic) is that that part of the world has heart.

When I arrived back home I instantly had this sensation of oppression. I walked into my room to put my suitcase down, I took a look around the room, and I felt like I was entering a jail cell. Just reflecting on my life here, I'm having really bad reverse culture shock. I end up spending way too much time on the computer. I'm stuck way out in the suburbs, no friends, can't even walk to get food anywhere. Everything is expensive, nothing interesting nearby...Contrast that with my trip to Mexico, I must've made more friends in three weeks there than my entire life here, food was cheap, groceries were cheap, and I could walk to get them, and probably be warmly greeted by friends along the way. Oh and they also had a grocery delivery person that would drive around town every morning selling fresh cheap groceries. I woke up to a recording of someone saying, "Lechuga! Jitomate! Pechuga de Pollo! Tomatillo! Zanahorias!"

I guess the only thing this place is good for is to work to save up money and arrange for life in GTO. I'll have to put my heart back in its cage for the time being.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Yeah, I know the feeling every time I come back to the U.S. of Gay...
colibri
Freshman Poster

Post by colibri »

no te rindas :)

Im sure you will find that place where your heart will feel lighter and calm.

Guanaguato is in indeed one of the most conservative state of the republic and home of the the extreme right wing of mexican politics :P , it might be to late to say this but we sort of mock this state for being super prudish and religious
like the note below :P

http://www.newser.com/story/50799/mexic ... g-ban.html

what are you looking for in a city?
If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.
theprimebait
Junior Poster

Post by theprimebait »

get the hell out of Mexico trying to use their women.sick european bastards.if you arent looking for committing then get away from latin america,trying to only ''f**k''their women.

uuugh One of the reasons im so glad most men are ignorant about expatting and dating.they will just corrupt any place they go to.

dont you have Thailand or amsterdam if you want to only''f**k''?
colibri
Freshman Poster

Post by colibri »

theprimebait wrote:get the hell out of Mexico trying to use their women.sick european bastards.if you arent looking for committing then get away from latin america,trying to only ''f**k''their women.

uuugh One of the reasons im so glad most men are ignorant about expatting and dating.they will just corrupt any place they go to.

dont you have Thailand or amsterdam if you want to only''f**k''?
I sort of felt he was warning the others not to do what your are claiming.
Guanajuato is a very conservative state even for the mexican standard,
AnonymousAmerican
Freshman Poster

Post by AnonymousAmerican »

LOL.

if you want easy places to f**k and no strings, just go to Cuba.

:lol:
A bartender told me this while I was in Guadalajara Mexico:

"If you aren't careful here with the women, you will be married in a week."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMNPv_HXffQ

how I live my life.

how to survive in the US: viewtopic.php?t=19236
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

You know, the best long-term gf I had was from Michoacan, which is very similar to Guanajuato in terms of culture, cuisine, climate, and landscape.

Nice to see you back here too, AnonymousAmerican. :D

About me:
I'm in my mid-twenties, 6'tall, white Irish background with brown hair and blueish eyes, I'm physically fit on the lean side.
Guanajuato, and some parts of Jalisco and Michoacan, make up a region in Central Mexico known as "El Bajio." The region is much more conservative and tends to have more of a grudge against white Anglo Americans. AnonymousAmerican has confirmed this. It's no surprise that many Anglo Americans here have commented on how Mexico doesn't offer easy dating for them at all. AmericanInMexico would be an exception, since he dates white Mexican women and doesn't seem to have that "gabacho" aura as much, but he does say that the mestizas "don't want anything to do" with him.

I had an Anglo friend who went to Michoacan, and said that a few of the local men (likely returnee migrants) had tried to pick fights with him. They would yell at him, "Why do you [Anglos] hate us so much?" So being white American isn't always an advantage.

They seem difficult to get alone, and most girls seem to have rather depressed, apathetic personalities. Where's the peppy, bubbly, happy femenine energy I crave? The girls are easy enough to meet at first, and are usually very receptive, but I find that once I'm hanging out with them, they're just plain boring, and the interaction doesn't go anywhere.
Mexico isn't for everyone.

As for me, this hasn't been my experience at all. You will definitely need (1) good Spanish conversational skills and (2) Latino-type charisma to open up these Central Mexican women a lot more during lengthier interactions. Coming from a Taiwanese background, I found them to be far more open, bubbly, and flirty than middle-class NE Asian women and not at all "depressed" or "apathetic." But like many Mexicans, they do tend to have more provincial attitudes.

I was only in GTO for a couple weeks. I met various women through introductions, cold approaches, social circle, etc. I would say only two women out of all the women I met, I could actually spend quality time with and have conversations. One was twice my age and one was fat.
Fat? Mexican women are curvier in a good way. Americans are oversized in a more grotesque way, while the Mexicanas tend to have their fat much better distributed. :P

That being said, outside the red-light areas, Mexico isn't for banging. It's much more suitable for quality relationships, and that's what I loved about it.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

The famous classic "Caminos de Guanajuato." I've actually sung this to some girls before. :P

No vale nada la vida
la vida no vale nada
comienza siempre llorando
y así llorando se acaba
por eso es que en este mundo
la vida no vale nada

Bonito León Guanajuato
su feria con su jugada
ahí se apuesta la vida
y se respeta al que gana
alla en mi León Guanajuato
la vida no vale nada

Camino de Guanajuato
que pasas por tantos pueblos
no pases por Salamanca
que ahí me hiere el recuerdo
vete rodeando vereda
no pases porque me muero

El cristo de tu montaña
el cerro del cubilete
consuelo de los que sufren
adoración de la gente
el cristo de tu montaña
del cerro del cubilete

Camino de Santa Rosa
la sierra de Guanajuato
ahí nomas tras lomita
se ve Dolores Hidalgo
yo ahí me quedo paisano
allí es mi pueblo adorado

The renowned Cerro del Cubilete mentioned in the song is in Silao. There's a big Cristo Rey statue on the top.

polya
Junior Poster

Post by polya »

Last edited by polya on August 18th, 2013, 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Woman is a violent and uncontrolled animal... If you allow them to achieve complete equality with men, do you think they will be easier to live with? Not at all. Once they have achieved equality, they will be your masters." Cato the Elder
rudder
Junior Poster

Post by rudder »

Falcon wrote:
That being said, outside the red-light areas, Mexico isn't for banging. It's much more suitable for quality relationships, and that's what I loved about it.
Amen to that. I'm definitely going to live there for that reason. I'm a true romantic type, and I've always dreamt of meeting my media naranja. I'm the type that connects with a girl and then falls hard in love very fast. I've always loved more in all of my relationships.

Don't think I posted this thread just to whine, I just want to scare off other gringos, because they won't get their soulless dick wet down there. The only thing they will accomplish is muddying the water. That said, I don't think I was too far off from getting some. I had so much fun being the only gringo everywhere I went. My Spanish is very fluent. I can fool the locals into thinking I'm Spanish. They never believed I was American. They either thought I was from one of the white villages in Los Altos de Jalisco, or I was from Spain.

I went to church down there and had some extremely spiritually moving experiences. I cried a lot, opened up, felt accepted, felt loved. I felt alive finally! I felt like God was helping my destiny blossom. There were so many things that were lining up for me surrounding that trip...so many answered prayers. I felt destined to that place and experience. It was all so colorful. I don't have much desire to trot the globe anymore like a wandering vagrant. I've courted rural GTO. I cannot let her go.

The girls there are just girls. I of course expected way too much...like that they would be jumping all over me. They are attracted to white guys, but they're subtle about it......Not always though! After talking to many locals about this topic, I concluded that they're just somewhat scared, because I'm unknown, and word travels fast in those small villages so they need to be careful at all times given the strict conservative culture. Boy, there was sure a lot of chisme surrounding me by the end of the trip!

I remember waving to a girl working at a tortilleria everytime I passed by. She would always wave back and come running out of the shop to watch me. The second to last day, I decided to get up early and take a special trip to meet her. While talking, out of the blue she asked "tus ojos son de verdad?!"

I was travelling with a Mexican immigrant friend of mine who was from the small village down there, and it was great. I loved the feeling of groups of girls looking at me as I walked by and then giggling as I passed them. At one point, a group of girls we passed called out to my friend "Que bonito es tu amigo!"

I think it's mostly true though, that the girls won't want to invest time into you if they think you're just passing through for a few weeks.

I never did make it to the discotecas in Irapuato. I'm sure if I experienced some nightlife in a bigger city like Irapuato, then I probably would have met some sexy horny girls.

Once again, I still don't understand the whole thing you're saying about white mexicans. To me, they're all Mestizas down there, and lots of them seemed attracted to me. My biggest hurdle was just the fact that they didn't have much to say when I was with them. I'm pretty much neutral....If I'm with a talkative girl I'll also be talkative. If I'm with a quiet girl, I can also be talkative to an extent, but then it just becomes too much work.

The guys are really easy to make friends with, and I got good vibes from a lot of people. Sure there were bad apples here and there, but I got along just great regardless.

My friend says I can go live in his %50 furnished house down there rent free for as long as I want. Also, I met some friends of my friends family who bought tortillas the same moment that I was hitting on the tortilla girl and they invited me over for lunch. They showed me one of the rooms in their house and said I could stay there next time I came to Mexico. Such a beautiful generosity down there. Quite inspiring!

Any suggestions for how I can live down there? I was thinking work trade for meals, and private english conversation classes to earn some extra pesos to spend.
Last edited by rudder on July 27th, 2013, 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rudder
Junior Poster

Post by rudder »

Oh, and I just wanted to respond to the comments about the fatness. Many women there are not fat in a good way at all. There is a serious obesity problem down there, which should be painfully obvious to anyone who has visited the area. It's so sad. It really depressed me to see that.

Mexico is actually the number one fattest country now.
aozora13
Freshman Poster

Post by aozora13 »

Rudder,

Thanks for your insight into Mexico. I visited Yucatan so I guess not really rural Mexico. Still, I understand what you mean by obesity epidemic. I have been 'dating' a chubby but not obese Mexican girl who has a stomach which is not great. Also, she mentions that her friend who lives with her in a small house they rent is unable to find a guy.

I saw her friend and then I realize that it is because her friend is fat (obese) and most guys in Mexico would just use her for money and other things or possibly just s.ex and not love. I think even about her who has a small chest and a stomach that does not help for having fun at night. It honestly depressed me as well as she is supposed to doing a visit to a nutrion doctor and I am telling her that she needs to do weight watchers to really be losing weight but currently, I know she might be eating a little better but not really exercising. I exercise a few times a week which is low but I am able to keep the weight I want and I think she can do the same with practice.

Also the US to Mexicans is like the land of milk and honey in terms of interesting foods and other things such as technology. I had a small argument with the Mexicana about how Microsoft tablets such as the surface are rubbish and not really that good but she comments that I do not understand because she works for a company that gets their products and she should be loyal to the company even if the product is not good. :(

I think that I am trying to find one Mexicana who is hopefully not really fat but it is low; especially they are thinking most American food is great which it is not.
rudder
Junior Poster

Post by rudder »

aozora, what's the best way to tell your fat mexican girlfriend to get in shape? Did you just tell her flat out, or did she start bringing up the topic herself, and then you just made some comments about diet and exercize.

It's not a mystery to me why so many of them are fat.
colibri
Freshman Poster

Post by colibri »

rudder wrote:Mexico is actually the number one fattest country now.
Oh yeah ?! we might be the fattest country in the world but at least we have healt.. mm no nvm...

Its just that we love cocacola so much :( :cry: :roll: :oops: :cry:

lol
rudder
Junior Poster

Post by rudder »

I recall reading a post about someone who put a personal ad in the local paper in a 2nd or 3rd tier city in Guanajuato, and then got 50 responses in like a week or something. I was thinking about that during my trip. Does anyone know the post I'm talking about?