Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Just got back from Ecuador

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Re: El paisa del Ecuador...que tal tu dia?

Postby kai1275 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:27 pm

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
kai8482 wrote:
Rich wrote:Nice photos. I really like the idea of spending time in Ecuador. Seems to be becoming really popular with retirees. Was it really inexpensive?

Its about the third of what cost in America. Ec. food wil cost on avg of 2~3 bucks. American brands cost the same there as they do here. I had a hostel for only 28 a night and to get to anywhere in the city will cost about 5 dollars, their beer is only 1.20 for a like a 40 oz and its really good, or at least better than any american brew imo. I took 2k and only spent half and I was trying to spend more


@kai8482,

Dude. Never ever bring her back stateside. Do you have any idea of what ideas "Latinos" would put inside of her head? Oh man.....they would get her to subscribe to "la pura raza" before she would let you d.ick her down again. A Chicano or Mexican stateside would say to her in spanish IN FRONT OF YOU, "Maldita sea. Por qué estás con ese mayete? Tú deberías haberlo estado saliendo uno de nosotros.." (Damn it. What are you doing with that #$#$$r? You should have been going out with one of us!) With a Puerto Rican, it would have been prieto or moreno in place of mayete. Trust me.

Do you have any idea of what Whites may put in her head? "He's your boyfriend. *in a salacious tone* Please don't be offended, but did he get an AIDS test before you know...before you guys...ahem you know??!"

Or a Black woman may would roll eyes and neck-pop the two of them to the point they become uncomfortable and leave.

Another Black dude *pause* Ha! (And I don't mean Happier Abroad!) The moment you go to the bathroom, dude would be speaking the worse Spanglish known to mankind to try to court her. Like SkateboardStephen says, "Playa playa types". LOL

Yeah, man. Keep her in EC and set up shop over there. I wish ya luck, el paisa! :-)


This is only partially true if you cannot speak and understand spanish your ownself. Anyone calling me a mayete is getting that ass kicked or put in their place with the quickness. Hispanic haters in the US, hate all day long in certain cities with multitudes of them in one area. Never live there unless you have no choice anyway. Why live in little Mexicos in major US cities if you don't have to? Earn enough money in the states to raise a family, if you are not covered in debt, leave her at home, and you will be just fine.... alot of this latinos going wild over here in the US stuff is very overrated. All FW have the opportunity to be like this unless you do not take the time to set things up correctly. It's America's workplace and corporate environment that is ruining women in the US. How do you fix that? Get a gal that can be content to stay at home and does not have an arrogant, I must work outside the home attitude!

Where most guys mess up is that they make or allow their wives to work outside the house. No one wins in the long run like this. We were not designed that way as beings.. If you can live off 50K a year anywhere US or abroad, tell her to stay home and she will be happy that you provide security, love, and direction as a real head of household. If she has to work, then it is 50/50 all day long....
kai1275
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1436
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:19 pm







Postby mguy » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:00 pm

GG!
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Like to read?Third World Hero
Like to see?3WorldHero -- Did he really just do that?

mguy
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 749
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:09 pm

Re: Just got back from Ecuador

Postby Jester » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:09 pm

kai8482 wrote:I just got back from Ecuador and loved it. Here a just a few pics I liked. Including my Ecuatoriana :)
http://imgur.com/a/Ss1ud
Feel free to ask my any questions. I spent most of my time in Guayaquil and also went to Salinas and Quito


Congratulations, and thanks for the post.

What city are the photos from? (dont wanna go there)

What city is she from? (do wanna go there)
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7869
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Re: Just got back from Ecuador

Postby kai8482 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:21 pm

Jester wrote:
kai8482 wrote:I just got back from Ecuador and loved it. Here a just a few pics I liked. Including my Ecuatoriana :)
http://imgur.com/a/Ss1ud
Feel free to ask my any questions. I spent most of my time in Guayaquil and also went to Salinas and Quito


Congratulations, and thanks for the post.

What city are the photos from? (dont wanna go there)

What city is she from? (do wanna go there)


I was in Guayaquil, its not all bad but that is where she lives. imho it only looks worst than what it really was
kai8482
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:07 am
Location: Dallas

Postby djfourmoney » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:00 pm

kai8482 wrote:
Rich wrote:Nice photos. I really like the idea of spending time in Ecuador. Seems to be becoming really popular with retirees. Was it really inexpensive?

Its about the third of what cost in America. Ec. food wil cost on avg of 2~3 bucks. American brands cost the same there as they do here. I had a hostel for only 28 a night and to get to anywhere in the city will cost about 5 dollars, their beer is only 1.20 for a like a 40 oz and its really good, or at least better than any american brew imo. I took 2k and only spent half and I was trying to spend more


You're right, basically the rule of thumb is -

If imported items are heavily taxed, avoid those.

Buy local when possible. Things we take for granted in America because of our trade imbalance are dirt cheap here and super expensive in Latin America, this is mostly convenience items 50-60% of the population in the majority of Latin America cannot afford.

This also a place we're something needs to be said about accepting certain cultural norms, most Latin Americans don't have clothes dries (neither do many Europeans) so you'll find clothes washers are in line with cost (excluding exchange rates) but dryer horribly expensive. The same thing with German near luxo and luxury cars, buy these things at home and have them shipped.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3129
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:09 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby djfourmoney » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:05 pm

She's cute, go on playa...
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3129
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:09 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby aozora13 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:39 pm

djfourmoney wrote:
kai8482 wrote:
Rich wrote:Nice photos. I really like the idea of spending time in Ecuador. Seems to be becoming really popular with retirees. Was it really inexpensive?

Its about the third of what cost in America. Ec. food wil cost on avg of 2~3 bucks. American brands cost the same there as they do here. I had a hostel for only 28 a night and to get to anywhere in the city will cost about 5 dollars, their beer is only 1.20 for a like a 40 oz and its really good, or at least better than any american brew imo. I took 2k and only spent half and I was trying to spend more


You're right, basically the rule of thumb is -

If imported items are heavily taxed, avoid those.

Buy local when possible. Things we take for granted in America because of our trade imbalance are dirt cheap here and super expensive in Latin America, this is mostly convenience items 50-60% of the population in the majority of Latin America cannot afford.

This also a place we're something needs to be said about accepting certain cultural norms, most Latin Americans don't have clothes dries (neither do many Europeans) so you'll find clothes washers are in line with cost (excluding exchange rates) but dryer horribly expensive. The same thing with German near luxo and luxury cars, buy these things at home and have them shipped.


@DJ

You can of course use dryers in Latin America but the use is very minimal. I know people who work in telecom companies and even they use the typical air dry way that is common for most classes of people. This also happened when I was living in Vienna. There are Laundrymats and the Flat I was living had a dryer but usually it was ~$1.30 per load. So, it can get a little expensive over time. It was usually cheaper to have your clothes dry naturally and it is usually not bad either.

@OP Topic,

It seems that if you have an open mind, you can find a decent girl, Kai8482. As with the other posters, I agree that if you want to have a family, the US is probably not the place to live in the future. With serious economic and employment problems, the country is going on a steady decline which unfortunately, is part of a cycle of most nation states of the old. I would say right now, you can use the huge disparity with exchange rates to have a good time. I might have to PM you about where you found your girl. Still, glad that another brother on HA proves that Latin America is still a good place to go to find a decent woman and have a good time.
aozora13
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 483
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:18 pm

Postby kai8482 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:59 pm

djfourmoney wrote:@OP Topic,

It seems that if you have an open mind, you can find a decent girl, Kai8482. As with the other posters, I agree that if you want to have a family, the US is probably not the place to live in the future. With serious economic and employment problems, the country is going on a steady decline which unfortunately, is part of a cycle of most nation states of the old. I would say right now, you can use the huge disparity with exchange rates to have a good time. I might have to PM you about where you found your girl. Still, glad that another brother on HA proves that Latin America is still a good place to go to find a decent woman and have a good time.


It was wonderful, I actually had 2 girls that I was kicking it but she was my primary that I would blow the other one off for. She's very relaxed, cool calm and beautiful. She didn't bitch moan and complain, she took care of me in the morning work came home and took care of me at night. To ask for anything more would be greedy. As far the city itself it had its highs and low. I'd like to move across the river from the airport, its a really nice area, nice mall, location and all. I'm going back in Dec. I'm a software Developer and currently working on starting a business and becoming self sufficient. I believe my American Dream reside in Ecuador at this point
Last edited by kai8482 on Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kai8482
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:07 am
Location: Dallas

Re: Just got back from Ecuador

Postby buddy77 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:49 am

kai8482 wrote:I just got back from Ecuador and loved it. Here a just a few pics I liked. Including my Ecuatoriana :)
http://imgur.com/a/Ss1ud
Feel free to ask my any questions. I spent most of my time in Guayaquil and also went to Salinas and Quito


Thanks for sharing she seems like a lovely girl. Kai do you speak Spanish? Or did she speak English? If neither, then how did you overcome the language barrier
Look up in the sky!
buddy77
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 116
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:23 pm
Location: California

Postby djfourmoney » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:09 am

aozora13 wrote:
djfourmoney wrote:
kai8482 wrote:
Rich wrote:Nice photos. I really like the idea of spending time in Ecuador. Seems to be becoming really popular with retirees. Was it really inexpensive?

Its about the third of what cost in America. Ec. food wil cost on avg of 2~3 bucks. American brands cost the same there as they do here. I had a hostel for only 28 a night and to get to anywhere in the city will cost about 5 dollars, their beer is only 1.20 for a like a 40 oz and its really good, or at least better than any american brew imo. I took 2k and only spent half and I was trying to spend more


You're right, basically the rule of thumb is -

If imported items are heavily taxed, avoid those.

Buy local when possible. Things we take for granted in America because of our trade imbalance are dirt cheap here and super expensive in Latin America, this is mostly convenience items 50-60% of the population in the majority of Latin America cannot afford.

This also a place we're something needs to be said about accepting certain cultural norms, most Latin Americans don't have clothes dries (neither do many Europeans) so you'll find clothes washers are in line with cost (excluding exchange rates) but dryer horribly expensive. The same thing with German near luxo and luxury cars, buy these things at home and have them shipped.


@DJ

You can of course use dryers in Latin America but the use is very minimal. I know people who work in telecom companies and even they use the typical air dry way that is common for most classes of people. This also happened when I was living in Vienna. There are Laundrymats and the Flat I was living had a dryer but usually it was ~$1.30 per load. So, it can get a little expensive over time. It was usually cheaper to have your clothes dry naturally and it is usually not bad either.

@OP Topic,

It seems that if you have an open mind, you can find a decent girl, Kai8482. As with the other posters, I agree that if you want to have a family, the US is probably not the place to live in the future. With serious economic and employment problems, the country is going on a steady decline which unfortunately, is part of a cycle of most nation states of the old. I would say right now, you can use the huge disparity with exchange rates to have a good time. I might have to PM you about where you found your girl. Still, glad that another brother on HA proves that Latin America is still a good place to go to find a decent woman and have a good time.


I thought I said something about conforming to social norms in a countryou were not born. Europeans and Latin Americans are used to air drying clothes and have continued. Yes driers tend to speed up the aging of clothes and also speeds up the fading process of colors. Clothes manufactures and soap makers have been combating this for awhile.

So when in Rome...

Don't let a certain person hear you say say positive things about Latin America and Black men...

The numbers are in your favor regardless.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3129
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:09 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Just got back from Ecuador

Postby kai8482 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:03 pm

buddy77 wrote:Thanks for sharing she seems like a lovely girl. Kai do you speak Spanish? Or did she speak English? If neither, then how did you overcome the language barrier


I went to Ecuador only knowing how to make basic sentences. After about 5 days of only speaking Spanish. "Mi espanol es muy mejor" Me and the chick only spoke Spanish. you'll be shocked, you'll learn really fast when the people only speak Spanish. To do anything had to be done in Spanish, ordering food, taxis, purchasing things. If you find a woman that will take the time to speak slowly and help you you're golden. When I could for advanced stuff, I also used http://translate.google.com from my phone or computer[/url].
Just immerse yourself and try, you'd be fine I think
kai8482
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:07 am
Location: Dallas

Re: Just got back from Ecuador

Postby kai1275 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:02 pm

kai8482 wrote:
buddy77 wrote:Thanks for sharing she seems like a lovely girl. Kai do you speak Spanish? Or did she speak English? If neither, then how did you overcome the language barrier


I went to Ecuador only knowing how to make basic sentences. After about 5 days of only speaking Spanish. "Mi espanol es muy mejor" Me and the chick only spoke Spanish. you'll be shocked, you'll learn really fast when the people only speak Spanish. To do anything had to be done in Spanish, ordering food, taxis, purchasing things. If you find a woman that will take the time to speak slowly and help you you're golden. When I could for advanced stuff, I also used http://translate.google.com from my phone or computer[/url].
Just immerse yourself and try, you'd be fine I think


Spanish is easy too. Make every effort to learn it. The sheer benefits are enormous. If you ever try to learn anything like Russian or Mandarin Chinese, you will think Spanish is probably the easiest language in the world to learn. Spanish also obeys it's own rules unlike English and the strong latin roots make learning it alot more simple in the longterm.
kai1275
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1436
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:19 pm

Postby kai1275 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:10 pm

djfourmoney wrote:
aozora13 wrote:
djfourmoney wrote:
kai8482 wrote:
Rich wrote:Nice photos. I really like the idea of spending time in Ecuador. Seems to be becoming really popular with retirees. Was it really inexpensive?

Its about the third of what cost in America. Ec. food wil cost on avg of 2~3 bucks. American brands cost the same there as they do here. I had a hostel for only 28 a night and to get to anywhere in the city will cost about 5 dollars, their beer is only 1.20 for a like a 40 oz and its really good, or at least better than any american brew imo. I took 2k and only spent half and I was trying to spend more


You're right, basically the rule of thumb is -

If imported items are heavily taxed, avoid those.

Buy local when possible. Things we take for granted in America because of our trade imbalance are dirt cheap here and super expensive in Latin America, this is mostly convenience items 50-60% of the population in the majority of Latin America cannot afford.

This also a place we're something needs to be said about accepting certain cultural norms, most Latin Americans don't have clothes dries (neither do many Europeans) so you'll find clothes washers are in line with cost (excluding exchange rates) but dryer horribly expensive. The same thing with German near luxo and luxury cars, buy these things at home and have them shipped.


@DJ

You can of course use dryers in Latin America but the use is very minimal. I know people who work in telecom companies and even they use the typical air dry way that is common for most classes of people. This also happened when I was living in Vienna. There are Laundrymats and the Flat I was living had a dryer but usually it was ~$1.30 per load. So, it can get a little expensive over time. It was usually cheaper to have your clothes dry naturally and it is usually not bad either.

@OP Topic,

It seems that if you have an open mind, you can find a decent girl, Kai8482. As with the other posters, I agree that if you want to have a family, the US is probably not the place to live in the future. With serious economic and employment problems, the country is going on a steady decline which unfortunately, is part of a cycle of most nation states of the old. I would say right now, you can use the huge disparity with exchange rates to have a good time. I might have to PM you about where you found your girl. Still, glad that another brother on HA proves that Latin America is still a good place to go to find a decent woman and have a good time.


I thought I said something about conforming to social norms in a countryou were not born. Europeans and Latin Americans are used to air drying clothes and have continued. Yes driers tend to speed up the aging of clothes and also speeds up the fading process of colors. Clothes manufactures and soap makers have been combating this for awhile.

So when in Rome...

Don't let a certain person hear you say say positive things about Latin America and Black men...

The numbers are in your favor regardless.


:lol: :lol: :lol:


In China everyone air dries their clothes too. In the countryside it is even better because the coal and pollution particles that land on the clothes are not as much as the big cities. Took me some time to get used to that as well. Electricity is more expensive there for most to justify using one.

It took time for my wife to get used to used to using a clothes drier here in the US :lol:
It was actually difficult to explain to her that this part of Texas I live in has dust/sand flying in the air, too much pollen, bugs, and pooping birds everywhere to hang clothes outside.
kai1275
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1436
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:19 pm

Postby djfourmoney » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:07 am

kai1275 wrote:
djfourmoney wrote:
aozora13 wrote:
djfourmoney wrote:
kai8482 wrote:
Rich wrote:Nice photos. I really like the idea of spending time in Ecuador. Seems to be becoming really popular with retirees. Was it really inexpensive?

Its about the third of what cost in America. Ec. food wil cost on avg of 2~3 bucks. American brands cost the same there as they do here. I had a hostel for only 28 a night and to get to anywhere in the city will cost about 5 dollars, their beer is only 1.20 for a like a 40 oz and its really good, or at least better than any american brew imo. I took 2k and only spent half and I was trying to spend more


You're right, basically the rule of thumb is -

If imported items are heavily taxed, avoid those.

Buy local when possible. Things we take for granted in America because of our trade imbalance are dirt cheap here and super expensive in Latin America, this is mostly convenience items 50-60% of the population in the majority of Latin America cannot afford.

This also a place we're something needs to be said about accepting certain cultural norms, most Latin Americans don't have clothes dries (neither do many Europeans) so you'll find clothes washers are in line with cost (excluding exchange rates) but dryer horribly expensive. The same thing with German near luxo and luxury cars, buy these things at home and have them shipped.


@DJ

You can of course use dryers in Latin America but the use is very minimal. I know people who work in telecom companies and even they use the typical air dry way that is common for most classes of people. This also happened when I was living in Vienna. There are Laundrymats and the Flat I was living had a dryer but usually it was ~$1.30 per load. So, it can get a little expensive over time. It was usually cheaper to have your clothes dry naturally and it is usually not bad either.

@OP Topic,

It seems that if you have an open mind, you can find a decent girl, Kai8482. As with the other posters, I agree that if you want to have a family, the US is probably not the place to live in the future. With serious economic and employment problems, the country is going on a steady decline which unfortunately, is part of a cycle of most nation states of the old. I would say right now, you can use the huge disparity with exchange rates to have a good time. I might have to PM you about where you found your girl. Still, glad that another brother on HA proves that Latin America is still a good place to go to find a decent woman and have a good time.


I thought I said something about conforming to social norms in a countryou were not born. Europeans and Latin Americans are used to air drying clothes and have continued. Yes driers tend to speed up the aging of clothes and also speeds up the fading process of colors. Clothes manufactures and soap makers have been combating this for awhile.

So when in Rome...

Don't let a certain person hear you say say positive things about Latin America and Black men...

The numbers are in your favor regardless.


:lol: :lol: :lol:


In China everyone air dries their clothes too. In the countryside it is even better because the coal and pollution particles that land on the clothes are not as much as the big cities. Took me some time to get used to that as well. Electricity is more expensive there for most to justify using one.

It took time for my wife to get used to used to using a clothes drier here in the US :lol:
It was actually difficult to explain to her that this part of Texas I live in has dust/sand flying in the air, too much pollen, bugs, and pooping birds everywhere to hang clothes outside.


Electric Power is expensive and intermittent in some countries.

Long Term I would build for passive solar and active solar to power everything else. The grid is expensive and the water is polluted, those are two issues as a Westerner you fully understand and have solutions for.

Land is fairly inexpensive in much of LA and especially in Central America.

The US is the land of convenience, it won't be difficult for your wife to get used too it...
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3129
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:09 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby chibolo » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:26 am

Congratulations Kai. I visited Ecuador back in 2008. Guayaquil is a cool city. I spent 6 years in Peru with my ex and these countries are very, very similar.
chibolo
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 507
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:06 am

Previous

Return to Latin America, Mexico, Central America

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest