How do I explain why I'm looking for a Latin American wife?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
Hero
Experienced Poster

How do I explain why I'm looking for a Latin American wife?

Post by Hero »

Just finished chatting on Skype with a lady in Argentina. She asked why I wanted a Latin American wife, and I told her because they were nice, beautiful, family-oriented, and they respected their husbands. But then she asked why I couldn't just find a Latin American wife here in the USA. What could I tell her? That Latinas turn to shit when they come here? That in the USA, there are 10 guys competing for each Latin American woman, and it's too hard for me? Neither response sounds good. What should I say?
C.J.
Experienced Poster

Post by C.J. »

Just say the girls get corrupted by western culture. Once they realize that this country has one of the biggest populations of millionaires in the world, they try and compete to get these men, and don't allow anyone else to court them, unless they have tons of money to spend on JUST her.

Women in Latin America simply don't have this problem, so they don't get dollar signs in their eyes. Money corrupts people.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

C.J. wrote:Just say the girls get corrupted by western culture. Once they realize that this country has one of the biggest populations of millionaires in the world, they try and compete to get these men, and don't allow anyone else to court them, unless they have tons of money to spend on JUST her.

Women in Latin America simply don't have this problem, so they don't get dollar signs in their eyes. Money corrupts people.
Then she might ask "Aren't you afraid that I'll get corrupted too?"
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Post by anamericaninbangkok »

How about just not saying anything when she asks. Change the subject, talk about the weather, but don't get into giving explanations. You don't owe an explanation to anyone.

If you really want to say anything, just say, "I love women, all women. I can see myself with women from anywhere but Latinas have a great vibe." Complete and total bullshit and you haven't really answered anything.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Eh, maybe it's best to just avoid women who ask the tough questions. I hate being interrogated.
aozora13
Freshman Poster

Post by aozora13 »

Hero,

I agree with AmericaninBangkok. Seriously, you can tell her that there are not too many Argentinian women in the US and that you love the Argentinian culture and women. Seriously, I am not too crazy about their president Christina.. but this is can make her feel happy that you like the culture and her country.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Not answering a question directly is 4sually the best default tactic when a woman asks a question.

HOWEVER....

There are 2 nuances here.

(1) She may have been fishing for some valdation, esp vis-a-vis Mexicans. I.e. she may have just been trying to get you to say that you have heard that the prettiest Latinas are in Argentina. If you go see her, she wants to be able to brag to her friends that your trip is proof of Argie hotness.

(2) the question may have been genuine. I.e., is there something wrong, is she getting a guy who gets turned down by quality women? why is it with millions of Latinas here you cant find one to suit you? I/e/ she really may not know what viragos, what difficult bitches AW have become. In this case I would suggest she watch a TV episode of NCIS or Roseanne or whatever, then compare the females in it to females on Argie TV.

Comparing TV is obviously a bit much for an initial skype, but it's something that could be in the back of one's mind for later. In the initial convo, probly better to deflect and joke.

Nothing wrong with dropping a girl who asks too many questions too fast. I agree with that.

My point is that this question BY ITSELF, asked politely, at an appropriate time, does not IMO make her a bitch. Just intelligent and curious.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Re: How do I explain why I'm looking for a Latin American wi

Post by Johnny1975 »

Hero wrote:Just finished chatting on Skype with a lady in Argentina. She asked why I wanted a Latin American wife, and I told her because they were nice, beautiful, family-oriented, and they respected their husbands. But then she asked why I couldn't just find a Latin American wife here in the USA. What could I tell her? That Latinas turn to shit when they come here? That in the USA, there are 10 guys competing for each Latin American woman, and it's too hard for me? Neither response sounds good. What should I say?
Why do you care what she thinks? Tell her the exact truth. Nothing more needs to be said in this thread. It's a simple question with a simple answer.
chibolo
Junior Poster

Post by chibolo »

C.J. wrote:Just say the girls get corrupted by western culture. Once they realize that this country has one of the biggest populations of millionaires in the world, they try and compete to get these men, and don't allow anyone else to court them, unless they have tons of money to spend on JUST her.

There are plenty of gold diggers in Latin America as well...They are called interesadas in Spanish. The difference is that poor latina interesadas are happy with a lot less money than an American/European gold digger.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

anamericaninbangkok wrote:How about just not saying anything when she asks. Change the subject, talk about the weather, but don't get into giving explanations. You don't owe an explanation to anyone.

If you really want to say anything, just say, "I love women, all women. I can see myself with women from anywhere but Latinas have a great vibe." Complete and total bullshit and you haven't really answered anything.
I agree you don't owe her an explanation at all.

I will take it a step further than others have said. Sounds like she does not think she is good enough to be your wife!! Why the f**k is she on this dating website looking for an American!? Flip that shit on her! You have to show these women that YOU are the catch, not her. SHE must pass YOUR tests. If she is not good enough to be your wife, you need to move on to the next one. Seriously. True wife material is not worried about what other hoes are doing. She is trying to be slick and see if she can catch you in some bullshit lie. All bitches think they are slick. Check her ass right now before you waste anymore f***ing time with that bullshit question.

Trust me, you don't want a un-confident wife. If she thinks you could do better than her, she is going to always exhibit insecurity like this, usually just gets worse, never better. Don't drag this woman around like others have suggested.

See this is where many of you guys that nauseously SWEAR UP and DOWN, that ALL women you bring back to the US will go crazy, cheat, leave you, etc. like some played out and tired Neocon talking point, make the fatal mistake.

This woman is checking your balls. She knows women here are shitty. Hell my wife told me how certain US based sitcom shows were disturbing to her, when she was searching for US shows to improve her English with. These women already know women here are shit. Don't think for one minute that she truly does not know that already. What she wants to truly know is in some crude and retarded way, if you are a player in some way.

Also, stop lying to these hoes. They are lying to you 90% of the time, so be brutally honest if you want a wife. That is how you find out the true character of a person. This is a job interview for a lifetime position. Not a 6 month contract to fix the pressure in your f**k pipe. If she does not like a truthful answer, tell her to f**k off, and you just avoided a bullet.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Hero wrote:

Then she might ask "Aren't you afraid that I'll get corrupted too?"
As you should jolly well be. The answer to this question is "yes." Though there are a million social pathologies in the US equally as concerning as money fever.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Thanks dudes!
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

When filipinas on OKCupid ask me why I'm learning tagalog, I just tell them the truth, which is that I like filipinas and that it's a good idea therefore to learn the language. I'm not worried about what they think. They can take it or leave it. I simply don't care what they think of that, and it feels good to be free of caring.
kai8482
Freshman Poster

Post by kai8482 »

Just say,"I know what I'm looking for". You don't need to explain yourself to her. You don't owe her anything
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

kai8482 wrote:Just say,"I know what I'm looking for". You don't need to explain yourself to her. You don't owe her anything
+1

Perfect.