Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Somebody help me figure out WhatsApp!

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Somebody help me figure out WhatsApp!

Postby Hero » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:40 am

I just got a SmartPhone so I could chat with my Latin American friends on WhatsApp, but I can't figure out how to use it! Help!
Hero
Experienced Poster

Postby aozora13 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:48 am

Hero, what type of Smartphone do you have? I have used WhatsApp with a Latin girl who I talk too. She had the app and invited me when sent an invitation to my local phone number. The only issues with whatsapp is usually the receiver (the user). I mean that the Latin woman I talked too, would receive her messages later (which unfortunately is true). However, I think it was not that she received them later, she did not set up notifications and did not realize messages came in earlier.

If you have an Android Smartphone, download the app and ask the Latin women you want to speak too to send you an invitation and you can add her to your list.

This works for the iPhone and Windows Phone too. I am sure other members can help too.

Here is a link to the FAQ:
http://www.whatsapp.com/faq/
aozora13
Freshman Poster

Postby Hero » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:48 am

Thanks Azora. It's my first smartphone. I''m having a hell of a time figuring it out.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Postby xiongmao » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:17 pm

If you have an Android phone then put contacts in your GMail contacts list and they should pop up in Whatsapp.

Incidentally, LINE is better for chatting to girls, but I don't know if it's just an Asian thing. The genius think about LINE are the stickers which allow you to express your feelings even if you can't write a word of her language.

I do like Whatsapp for staying in touch with home though.
In February 2013 I quit my boring job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then check out my free Asian dating site.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Postby Hero » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:03 pm

OK, finally figured out how to send text messages on WhatsApp. Now I just have to figure out how to send photos
Hero
Experienced Poster

Postby Winston » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:20 pm

Come on, even airhead teenagers can figure out WhatsApp. To attach photos, look for a plus sign or a paper clip sign. Just push every button you see and see what it does. That's the only way to learn.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby Hero » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:15 am

So how do you get photos from your computer onto your phone?
Hero
Experienced Poster

Postby RedMenace » Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:34 am

Hero wrote:So how do you get photos from your computer onto your phone?

Connect your phone to computer via usb->mini usb(or whatever custom port your phone has) cable. An alert box should appear on your screen with different options such as view folder, photo, music e.t.c You just drag and drop the images in your image folder that resides on your phone's memory. Your phone memory looks like a different hard drive on computer. Another option is to upload the images to google drive, instagram or any other photo sharing website from your computer and them accessing them from your phone.
RedMenace
Freshman Poster

Postby Hero » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:38 am

RedMenace wrote:
Hero wrote:So how do you get photos from your computer onto your phone?

Connect your phone to computer via usb->mini usb(or whatever custom port your phone has) cable. An alert box should appear on your screen with different options such as view folder, photo, music e.t.c You just drag and drop the images in your image folder that resides on your phone's memory. Your phone memory looks like a different hard drive on computer. Another option is to upload the images to google drive, instagram or any other photo sharing website from your computer and them accessing them from your phone.

Thanks, Dude. With your help, I can get as smart as a teenage airhead. :lol:
Hero
Experienced Poster

Return to Latin America, Mexico, Central America