Somebody help me figure out WhatsApp!

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Somebody help me figure out WhatsApp!

Post by Hero »

I just got a SmartPhone so I could chat with my Latin American friends on WhatsApp, but I can't figure out how to use it! Help!
aozora13
Freshman Poster

Post by aozora13 »

Hero, what type of Smartphone do you have? I have used WhatsApp with a Latin girl who I talk too. She had the app and invited me when sent an invitation to my local phone number. The only issues with whatsapp is usually the receiver (the user). I mean that the Latin woman I talked too, would receive her messages later (which unfortunately is true). However, I think it was not that she received them later, she did not set up notifications and did not realize messages came in earlier.

If you have an Android Smartphone, download the app and ask the Latin women you want to speak too to send you an invitation and you can add her to your list.

This works for the iPhone and Windows Phone too. I am sure other members can help too.

Here is a link to the FAQ:
http://www.whatsapp.com/faq/
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Thanks Azora. It's my first smartphone. I''m having a hell of a time figuring it out.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

If you have an Android phone then put contacts in your GMail contacts list and they should pop up in Whatsapp.

Incidentally, LINE is better for chatting to girls, but I don't know if it's just an Asian thing. The genius think about LINE are the stickers which allow you to express your feelings even if you can't write a word of her language.

I do like Whatsapp for staying in touch with home though.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

OK, finally figured out how to send text messages on WhatsApp. Now I just have to figure out how to send photos
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Come on, even airhead teenagers can figure out WhatsApp. To attach photos, look for a plus sign or a paper clip sign. Just push every button you see and see what it does. That's the only way to learn.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

So how do you get photos from your computer onto your phone?
RedMenace
Freshman Poster

Post by RedMenace »

Hero wrote:So how do you get photos from your computer onto your phone?
Connect your phone to computer via usb->mini usb(or whatever custom port your phone has) cable. An alert box should appear on your screen with different options such as view folder, photo, music e.t.c You just drag and drop the images in your image folder that resides on your phone's memory. Your phone memory looks like a different hard drive on computer. Another option is to upload the images to google drive, instagram or any other photo sharing website from your computer and them accessing them from your phone.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

RedMenace wrote:
Hero wrote:So how do you get photos from your computer onto your phone?
Connect your phone to computer via usb->mini usb(or whatever custom port your phone has) cable. An alert box should appear on your screen with different options such as view folder, photo, music e.t.c You just drag and drop the images in your image folder that resides on your phone's memory. Your phone memory looks like a different hard drive on computer. Another option is to upload the images to google drive, instagram or any other photo sharing website from your computer and them accessing them from your phone.
Thanks, Dude. With your help, I can get as smart as a teenage airhead. :lol: