Forget the Philippines! Viva Mexico!

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Phorget the Philippines!! ¡¡Viva Mexico!!

Post by Taco »

Jester wrote:OK bumping my own OP here...
Jester wrote:viewtopic.php?p=150329#150329

What do you see as the relative pluses and minuses of PH and MX?
Lad says Phils win because
(1) The people are even friendlier than Mexicans
(2) They look up to Americans
(3) Young girls like older men (wider age gap than Mexico).

Anyone agree? Disagree? Have other thoughts?
I agree with Ladislav's assessment. I've had filipinas less than than half my age throwing themselves at me, at first I thought they were joking, they weren't.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

On the other hand, Latinas age better than Filipinas. So it's not such a big deal if I have to "settle" for a 35-year-old Latin American MILF
:lol:
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Hero wrote:I do think that you can pull off a wider age gap in the Philippines. I'm 45 and it's been hard for me to attract interest from Latinas under 35.
Where?
Chad114
Freshman Poster

Post by Chad114 »

Jester wrote:
Chad114 wrote:
Plus they don't have a colonial complex of any kind.

Have you ever watched Mexican television?
You miss Lad's point.

Mexican TV, for example, demonstrates that they look up to their OWN upper class, rather than looking up to "Kanos".

Mexicans might want to MOVE to America, but they don't want to BECOME Americanized. Whereas, I suspect many Filipinos DO.

You miss my point. BOTH Mexicans and Filipinos and nonwhites across the world have been COLONIZED mentally.
Upperclass in Mexico (and globally) = white
"Kanos" = white

Whether those whites were the American Army or the Spanish conquerors is the important. Both cultures (and really all nonwhites) place greater value on whiteness and aspire towards it. Maybe to differing degrees but it's still there.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Jester wrote:
Hero wrote:I do think that you can pull off a wider age gap in the Philippines. I'm 45 and it's been hard for me to attract interest from Latinas under 35.
Where?
On LatinAmericanCupid.com. Maybe the situation would be different if I visited some of those countries.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Phorget the Philippines!! ¡¡Viva Mexico!!

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Jester wrote:OK bumping my own OP here...
Jester wrote:viewtopic.php?p=150329#150329

What do you see as the relative pluses and minuses of PH and MX?
Lad says Phils win because
(1) The people are even friendlier than Mexicans
(2) They look up to Americans
(3) Young girls like older men (wider age gap than Mexico).

Anyone agree? Disagree? Have other thoughts?
I haven't been to Mexico yet, but because I'm fair-skinned when I'm not in this Arizona f.uck-a.ss heat
for a week so my melanin (lack there of) significantly wanes away, I have been told by "la mayoria del campesiños"
(the majority of the poor people whom lived in the fields-field shantytowns in Mexico) whom I have met
in Cicero, IL & in Phoenix (like Guadalupe, Tempe, and Mesa) that as long as I don't get too dark nor
fatten up too much, then I'll do well with the middle-class women, but the poor ones want White-looking men
or their own men whom are successful and/or of stable income is what they more or less said. That sounds
about right.

But they always say that las fronteras/mas cerca de... are peligrosas (dangerous borders that the US and MX share with one another).
And stay afar from the drug game and have fun w.horemongering and f.ucking women in public in 3rd-to-4th-tier cities in MX.

If DJ IV Money's Black a.s.s can go to MX City and come back in one piece like the late Aaliyah featuring DMX, then
my wanna-be HodgeTwins/Sinbad-looking a.s.s. can make it down there, too.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

This is kind of what I was thinking. Plus it is cheaper overall for people like me who do not have as many funds. I have heard lot of good from Roosh's forum. Ladies placing their legs on you on a bus, and gawking at you... sounds like my kind of place :lol: .
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
celery2010
Freshman Poster

Post by celery2010 »

It's pretty cheap and easy to get to Mexico, why not just give it a try?

About 10 years ago, i parked my car at the border in TX, walked across and took the bus down. It's just a few hours and an overnight to Mexico City.

Personally, i didn't find it excessively easy to meet women in Mexico. But i enjoy my time there, plus great food.

It's certainly a great place to spend a few months in the winter-- but at the same time, you can fly to DR, Colombia, Peru or Costa Rica for about the same price.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

celery2010 wrote:It's pretty cheap and easy to get to Mexico, why not just give it a try?

About 10 years ago, i parked my car at the border in TX, walked across and took the bus down. It's just a few hours and an overnight to Mexico City.

Personally, i didn't find it excessively easy to meet women in Mexico. But i enjoy my time there, plus great food.

It's certainly a great place to spend a few months in the winter-- but at the same time, you can fly to DR, Colombia, Peru or Costa Rica for about the same price.
Enhhh! What's up, doc?? [there's pun intended BTW!]
You're right about the destinations; you have been doing your homework, sinsei.
Halwick
Freshman Poster

Post by Halwick »

Initially, I was attracted to Filipinas as I had the impression that they combine the Asian exoticness and the passionate Latin American characteristics.

But the more I read about the Philippine culture, particularly their expectations of subsidizing HER family, the less interested I am of Filipinas.

That subsidizing requirement alone is a deal-breaker. As Ladislav and Jester pointed out, Mexican women don't subject their husbands to that sort of thing.

So, if you have a choice between a Filipina and a Mexicana, go with the Mexicana.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Just re-reading great posts on this old thread.

Moved to MX last Fall, returned reluctantly to US for Christmas, stayed here a bit for business reasons, now headed back down South.

The question still predominates in my mind... can I get a decades-younger Mexicana chica locally in Baja ("in the frig")... or do I have to "order out" (Cupid sites)? or "drive through" (travel within Mexico, Coffee Country of Colombia, further...)?

We'll see.

;)
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Funny this came back alive...

As Americans, I think a few things posted here are correct.

1) White men will do better on average than any other man in Mexico or Latin America for that matter. Whiteness is seen as wealthy, successful, status, etc. Since most White people they come into contact with are Middle Class even if retired, this put them on top of the heap.

That said, the same things apply like most of Latin America. Do not be fat, chubby, out of shape, whatever you wanna call it. This will seriously impact your dating pool, don't head my warning at your own risk and don't come back here to complain...

Be a man! In America being a man is a bad thing. In Latin America its the opposite, even if you're a meek Beta male, FAKE it or book a flight to PH where the women largely don't give a fug about anything as long as your breathing and have all your teeth.

2) Age restrictions... Yes again its not PH and Mexico does not view itself as a poor country. The same rules apply here, if you can successfully date women 10-15 years younger here in America, then you have nothing to worry about. But if you can't then stick with 5-10 year age range. If you're 40-50 don't expect to date girls in their 20's. Not saying its impossible but seen men tend to be lazy on the subject of dating and will only talk to a handful of women at any given time, its unlikely.

However like most women pass 30 the laundry list gets shorter and they become increasingly desperate though that's not the word I would use to get married and have children. This is very unlike America where women between 30-35 are still trying to extend their 20's....

Black men likely have their best opportunities with middle class Mexicans than poor ones. Its not uncommon to find educated White skinned Mexican women interested in Black men from Mexico City for example.

Other men, well, Taco has proven you can get provincial, indigenous women because nobody else wants them and because gringos hardly venture into non-tourist friendly areas.

To increase your value its best to be located out of typical tourist areas; that helps keep cost down too.
rudder
Junior Poster

Post by rudder »

djfourmoney wrote: Be a man!
What do you mean?
manly5000
Freshman Poster

Post by manly5000 »

rudder wrote:
djfourmoney wrote: Be a man!
What do you mean?
He means you have to be strong, confident, and in charge. Take the lead. Have a plan. Do NOT put up with bad behavior, even for a second. Latinas love and respect strong, confident men and will faithfully follow them everywhere, even down to the depths of hell itself...

Be respectful and respectable but also be large and in charge.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

djfourmoney wrote:Funny this came back alive...

As Americans, I think a few things posted here are correct.

1) White men will do better on average than any other man in Mexico or Latin America for that matter. Whiteness is seen as wealthy, successful, status, etc. Since most White people they come into contact with are Middle Class even if retired, this put them on top of the heap.

That said, the same things apply like most of Latin America. Do not be fat, chubby, out of shape, whatever you wanna call it. This will seriously impact your dating pool, don't head my warning at your own risk and don't come back here to complain...

Be a man! In America being a man is a bad thing. In Latin America its the opposite, even if you're a meek Beta male, FAKE it or book a flight to PH where the women largely don't give a fug about anything as long as your breathing and have all your teeth.

2) Age restrictions... Yes again its not PH and Mexico does not view itself as a poor country. The same rules apply here, if you can successfully date women 10-15 years younger here in America, then you have nothing to worry about. But if you can't then stick with 5-10 year age range. If you're 40-50 don't expect to date girls in their 20's. Not saying its impossible but seen men tend to be lazy on the subject of dating and will only talk to a handful of women at any given time, its unlikely.

However like most women pass 30 the laundry list gets shorter and they become increasingly desperate though that's not the word I would use to get married and have children. This is very unlike America where women between 30-35 are still trying to extend their 20's....

Black men likely have their best opportunities with middle class Mexicans than poor ones. Its not uncommon to find educated White skinned Mexican women interested in Black men from Mexico City for example.

Other men, well, Taco has proven you can get provincial, indigenous women because nobody else wants them and because gringos hardly venture into non-tourist friendly areas.

To increase your value its best to be located out of typical tourist areas; that helps keep cost down too.
Here's the irony: I didn't read this post until now, but if this post were done 5-7 days ago, Hero would have gotten the memo to read it before embarking on a trip to DR per bold