Forget the Philippines! Viva Mexico!

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Forget the Philippines! Viva Mexico!

Post by Jester »

jester wrote:
OK Gospidin I feel a new thread coming on.......
OK LAD moy gospidin.... POCHEMOO?

WHY do you go all the way to the Phils? Yessssss, kind non-judgemental friendly welcoming people.... and available young hotties... low cost of living... reasonable expectations by females...

BUT as you stated here.....
ladislav wrote:
I like Mexican Americans-- they are the friendliest of all.
....plus MEJICO is SO CLOSE!! And the people are nice... maybe more circumspect than Filipinos yes...

But so CLOSE...

WHY don't we go down there moi droog...

Fly down to LA and we'll go from here!

But seriously... what are your feelings about a Mexican sojourn versus once more into the breach (back to the PI)...

What do you see as the relative pluses and minuses of PH and MX?
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Phorget the Philippines!! ¡¡Viva Mexico!!

Post by Jester »

viewtopic.php?p=150329#150329
Jester wrote:
jester wrote:
OK Gospidin I feel a new thread coming on.......
OK LAD moy gospidin.... POCHEMOO?

WHY do you go all the way to the Phils? Yessssss, kind non-judgemental friendly welcoming people.... and available young hotties... low cost of living... reasonable expectations by females...

BUT as you stated here.....
ladislav wrote:
I like Mexican Americans-- they are the friendliest of all.
....plus MEJICO is SO CLOSE!! And the people are nice... maybe more circumspect than Filipinos yes...

But so CLOSE...

WHY don't we go down there moi droog...

Fly down to LA and we'll go from here!

But seriously... what are your feelings about a Mexican sojourn versus once more into the breach (back to the PI)...

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

I don't know why more HappierAbroader's don't consider Mexico as much as some of the other countries often sited here, i.e. the Philippines, Russia, etc.

I think if you are White European or Latino descent, Mexico would be a much better destination than somewhere in Asia...

AmericanInMexico is a prime example of what I'm talking about, along with Mr. Peabody. Then there's the infamous Mr Fred Reed!

Why would you want to travel all the way to Asia, in an unknown culture and to a race of people that can be distrustful of Whites and foreigners in general, when Mexico is only a stone's throw away from the good ole' US of A? It's a honest question that I think needs to be answered.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

zboy1 wrote:I don't know why more HappierAbroader's don't consider Mexico as much as some of the other countries often sited here, i.e. the Philippines, Russia, etc.

I think if you are White European or Latino descent, Mexico would be a much better destination than somewhere in Asia...

AmericanInMexico is a prime example of what I'm talking about, along with Mr. Peabody. Then there's the infamous Mr Fred Reed!

Why would you want to travel all the way to Asia, in an unknown culture and to a race of people that can be distrustful of Whites and foreigners in general, when Mexico is only a stone's throw away from the good ole' US of A? It's a honest question that I think needs to be answered.
Now you are abroad, it's called the "good ol' US of A" whereas before you had referred to it as the US of Gay.
Zboy1 is becoming a NiceGuy(TM). LMAO
Halwick
Freshman Poster

Post by Halwick »

Just curious: Do the Mexicans, like the Filipinos have a cultural tradition where the women are encouraged to marry "rich westerners", regardless of age, emigrate to their country, and send money to support family back home?
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

I am talking about general friendliness, not availability of women.

They are the friendliest in the US, it does not mean they are the friendliest in the world.

Their women do not favor me as much as Filipinas do plus there's the age thing. Pretty Chicanas all have boyfriends and most have been popped by a few cholos already.

After I turned 30, I moved to Asia. The Philippines was close to Japan and Saudi. So, I went from there. The girls appreciated me more.

Plus Filipinas are better looking.

We were talking about sub cultures in the USA. Not outside of it.
Just curious: Do the Mexicans, like the Filipinos have a cultural tradition where the women are encouraged to marry "rich westerners", regardless of age, emigrate to their country, and send money to support family back home?
No. No such thing. Mexico is not a poor country. Plus they don't have a colonial complex of any kind.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

I was also wondering if Latin America might be just as good, if not better, than the Philippines. I've already got 7 sexy contacts from Latin America who are dying for me to come and visit them. Of course, I'll withhold my final assessment until I actually go visit.
Chad114
Freshman Poster

Post by Chad114 »

ladislav wrote:I am talking about general friendliness, not availability of women.

They are the friendliest in the US, it does not mean they are the friendliest in the world.

Their women do not favor me as much as Filipinas do plus there's the age thing. Pretty Chicanas all have boyfriends and most have been popped by a few cholos already.

After I turned 30, I moved to Asia. The Philippines was close to Japan and Saudi. So, I went from there. The girls appreciated me more.

Come again? Not if you like curves and azz.

Plus they don't have a colonial complex of any kind.

Have you ever watched Mexican television?
aozora13
Freshman Poster

Post by aozora13 »

Chad114 wrote:
ladislav wrote:I am talking about general friendliness, not availability of women.

Come again? Not if you like curves and azz.

I agree with Chad on both accounts. If you like curvy (or with the recent diet changes in the last 20 years with larger Mexican women)

Mexico like other Latin countries do have a color complex as other members mentioned how anyone who is not White (or Asian) will have a difficult time meeting a good Latin woman. It is still much better though than dating women back in the US and other western countries.

Chad114
Freshman Poster

Post by Chad114 »

aozora13 wrote:

I agree with Chad on both accounts. If you like curvy (or with the recent diet changes in the last 20 years with larger Mexican women)

Mexico like other Latin countries do have a color complex as other members mentioned how anyone who is not White (or Asian) will have a difficult time meeting a good Latin woman. It is still much better though than dating women back in the US and other western countries.
Actually I think Mexican women dig American brothas. They like the masculinity aspect and the swag that many of us project naturally. The cholos in Cali know this and as a result guard there women but in Mexico general brothas have more leeway.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Halwick wrote:Just curious: Do the Mexicans, like the Filipinos have a cultural tradition where the women are encouraged to marry "rich westerners", regardless of age, emigrate to their country, and send money to support family back home?
In my experience, no.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

ladislav wrote:
Could you possibly post pics of what you consider a pretty Filipina?

I ask because of the folks here who have widely varying tastes in women.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Chad114 wrote:

You miss Lad's point.

Mexican TV, for example, demonstrates that they look up to their OWN upper class, rather than looking up to "Kanos".

Mexicans might want to MOVE to America, but they don't want to BECOME Americanized. Whereas, I suspect many Filipinos DO.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Phorget the Philippines!! ¡¡Viva Mexico!!

Post by Jester »

OK bumping my own OP here...
Jester wrote:viewtopic.php?p=150329#150329

Lad says Phils win because
(1) The people are even friendlier than Mexicans
(2) They look up to Americans
(3) Young girls like older men (wider age gap than Mexico).

Anyone agree? Disagree? Have other thoughts?
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

I do think that you can pull off a wider age gap in the Philippines. I'm 45 and it's been hard for me to attract interest from Latinas under 35.