Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Where should I live in South America? (Challenge Question)

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Where should I live in South America? (Challenge Question)

Postby rudder » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:35 am

I already have a flight booked for Lima in January. I have no intention to settle in Lima, so I will be in and out of there quickly, and will do a bit of exploring. Eventually I'm looking for a place to settle down and live long term. So here's my fantasy location.

Wants:

-Easy women
-Temperatures that range from 55-95F year round. My ideal place would never get below 55 fahrenheit.
-Easy enough to do visa hops to renew the tourist visa unlimited times. Or it should be very straightforward and extremely inexpensive to get a residency permit.
-The area gets anywhere between 10inches-40inches of annual rainfall. I don't want to live in some desert with little to no plant life. I also don't want to live in the Amazon jungle either.
-The women are curvy and sexy.
-Low crime
-Low cost of living. Getting by on $500USD/month should not be a problem for my frugal self.

I was thinking about Tumbes, Peru. But then I read how the crime level is extreme there. I'd like to be able to leave my apartment without getting accosted everytime I'm in public. So then I thought I should try lowland Ecuador just on the other side of the border. I took a look at the map, and then saw a decent-sized city: Machala. Turns out Machala also has terrible crime problems. Guayaquil, while also being pretty crime-ridden, might fit the bill, but I'd rather live in a nearby smaller city. Sounds like crime is pretty bad around those parts though. Also, a lot of guys on the internet complain about how ugly the women are in these areas. Not sure what to believe with regards to that. I like a woman with a nice ass and wide hips to a small waist for a nice body ratio.

I've also always been interested in Paraguay, since I have some PDFs that talk about how to get residency there with some straightforward paperwork and depositing only $5,500USD into a local bank. Yet are the girls from Paraguay easy?

I knew I should have learned Portuguese instead of Spanish, because then I would have just decided to go to Pernambuco or somewhere like that.
rudder
Freshman Poster

Postby travelsouth » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:34 am

There is no perfect or fantasy location. For a lot of retirees Rosarito, MX has the best overall climate. The food in Mexico is the best in Latin America and of course many guys move a younger woman in.

Lima is not the perfect climate you think it might be. http://www.limaeasy.com/lima-info/the-w ... te-in-lima

Plus if you are wanting hot younger women that does come at a cost. Paying for sex certainly isn't free. Dating isn't free. Maintaining a lifestyle that appeals to young hot women is certainly much cheaper to do in Latin America but not $500 a month cheap. Model hot women aren't looking for stinky backpackers.

My advice would be to stop dreaming and fantasizing. I'd say it is time to focus in on reality. Look up the real costs of Lima and other places.
travelsouth
Freshman Poster

Postby zboy1 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:15 am

I say Mexico! PM AmericanInMexico or MrPeabody for more information on living in Mexico.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Where should I live in South America? (Challenge Questio

Postby Robert77 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:43 am

rudder wrote:I already have a flight booked for Lima in January. I have no intention to settle in Lima, so I will be in and out of there quickly, and will do a bit of exploring. Eventually I'm looking for a place to settle down and live long term. So here's my fantasy location.

Wants:

-Easy women
-Temperatures that range from 55-95F year round. My ideal place would never get below 55 fahrenheit.
-Easy enough to do visa hops to renew the tourist visa unlimited times. Or it should be very straightforward and extremely inexpensive to get a residency permit.
-The area gets anywhere between 10inches-40inches of annual rainfall. I don't want to live in some desert with little to no plant life. I also don't want to live in the Amazon jungle either.
-Low crime
-Low cost of living. Getting by on $500USD/month should not be a problem for my frugal self.

I was thinking about Tumbes, Peru. But then I read how the crime level is extreme there. I'd like to be able to leave my apartment without getting accosted everytime I'm in public. So then I thought I should try lowland Ecuador just on the other side of the border. I took a look at the map, and then saw a decent-sized city: Machala. Turns out Machala also has terrible crime problems. Guayaquil, while also being pretty crime-ridden, might fit the bill, but I'd rather live in a nearby smaller city. Sounds like crime is pretty bad around those parts though. Also, a lot of guys on the internet complain about how ugly the women are in these areas. Not sure what to believe with regards to that. I like a woman with a nice a** and wide hips to a small waist for a nice body ratio.

I've also always been interested in Paraguay, since I have some PDFs that talk about how to get residency there with some straightforward paperwork and depositing only $5,500USD into a local bank. Yet are the girls from Paraguay easy?

I knew I should have learned Portuguese instead of Spanish, because then I would have just decided to go to Pernambuco or somewhere like that.

if you want good looking women go to colombia, brazil, dominican republic
sorry but peru, ecuador, mexico has a lot of those indigenous looking women (I just can't find them attractive)

if you want something like northern brazil but in spanish, i suggest northern caribbean colombia....
World traveler, questions about women from a certain country? Ask!!! I can help
Robert77
Freshman Poster

Postby kai8482 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:02 pm

rudder wrote:if you want good looking women go to colombia, brazil, dominican republic
sorry but peru, ecuador, mexico has a lot of those indigenous looking women (I just can't find them attractive)

if you want something like northern brazil but in spanish, i suggest northern caribbean colombia....

How many of these countries have you been to?
kai8482
Freshman Poster

Postby kai8482 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:11 pm

travelsouth wrote:There is no perfect or fantasy location. For a lot of retirees Rosarito, MX has the best overall climate. The food in Mexico is the best in Latin America and of course many guys move a younger woman in.

Lima is not the perfect climate you think it might be. http://www.limaeasy.com/lima-info/the-w ... te-in-lima

Plus if you are wanting hot younger women that does come at a cost. Paying for sex certainly isn't free. Dating isn't free. Maintaining a lifestyle that appeals to young hot women is certainly much cheaper to do in Latin America but not $500 a month cheap. Model hot women aren't looking for stinky backpackers.

My advice would be to stop dreaming and fantasizing. I'd say it is time to focus in on reality. Look up the real costs of Lima and other places.

^This. South America is most certainly cheaper than then North half but it still cost money. You might want to just take time and sample a few countries, find what you will and won't deal with. Then find that balance
kai8482
Freshman Poster

Postby E Irizarry R&B Singer » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:01 pm

travelsouth wrote:..... The food in Mexico is the best in Latin America.......Look up the real costs of Lima and other places.

You are officially out of your rabid mind. Mexico has the best food in Latin AMerica? Proclaimed by you!?! Have you tried Boricuen, Dominican, Guayquileño, Cariocan, or Afro-Cuban food????

You have to be a glorified gringo to say something so elusive like that.

And you recommend Lima of all places in Latin America?

#Credibility #AndIDidntShootTheDeputyWooooWhoooooOoooooo

#StrictlyBusinessEPMD
It's time to expatriate to evade your fate; it's time to expatriate before the barn door permanently closes on "US" sheep.
Debut mixtape "The Skilled Neophyte of RNB (x64)" dropping Spring 2016 - Follow me on Twitter @eirizarryRNB
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Veteran Poster

Postby travelsouth » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:51 pm

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
travelsouth wrote:..... The food in Mexico is the best in Latin America.......Look up the real costs of Lima and other places.

You are officially out of your rabid mind. Mexico has the best food in Latin AMerica? Proclaimed by you!?!

And Anthony Bourdain. I've tried a lot of food. The best city for eats in my own personal opinion is Mexico City. Another poster questions your "player status" boinking multiple women at the sametime in Chile and you go on a whining rant about it being racist just for him to ask. Then you don't like my personal choice (nor other experts) that the food in DF is flying way under the radar and it is really one of the top spots to eat in the world. Instead of simply disagreeing with me and stating your preference you drop the insults and fly off the handle way up there on your high self-proclaimed expert horse. Stop bitching, whining, and insulting and just be an adult and provide your 2 cents.
travelsouth
Freshman Poster

Postby travelsouth » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:54 pm

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
And you recommend Lima of all places in Latin America?

#Credibility

#work-on-your-reading-comprehension

The OP is going to Lima. I told him the weather isn't as great as he thinks it will be.
travelsouth
Freshman Poster

Postby travelsouth » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:03 pm

Robert77 wrote:
rudder wrote:I already have a flight booked for Lima in January. I have no intention to settle in Lima, so I will be in and out of there quickly, and will do a bit of exploring. Eventually I'm looking for a place to settle down and live long term. So here's my fantasy location.

Wants:

-Easy women
-Low crime

I was thinking about Tumbes, Peru. But then I read how the crime level is extreme there. I'd like to be able to leave my apartment without getting accosted everytime I'm in public. So then I thought I should try lowland Ecuador just on the other side of the border. I took a look at the map, and then saw a decent-sized city: Machala. Turns out Machala also has terrible crime problems. Guayaquil, while also being pretty crime-ridden, might fit the bill, but I'd rather live in a nearby smaller city. Sounds like crime is pretty bad around those parts though. Also, a lot of guys on the internet complain about how ugly the women are in these areas. Not sure what to believe with regards to that. I like a woman with a nice a** and wide hips to a small waist for a nice body ratio.

if you want good looking women go to colombia, brazil, dominican republic

I know the DR is a popular sex tourist destination. I'm sure there are real lookers in every country, but I don't prefer the look of the women of the DR personally (if I was rating countries it wouldn't be any higher than Peru). A lot of women are poor and definitely looking for a gringo (easy as the OP puts it) but a lot of folks online aren't that hot on the women (it is not just me).
travelsouth
Freshman Poster

Postby chibolo » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:17 pm

Wants:

-Easy women
-Low crime

The only countries in South america that I have been to are Peru and Ecuador.

The Peruvian coast (where most of the big cities are located) is pretty much 100% desert. Arequipa ( the second largest city in the South) is located in the mountains, so maybe that would be better for you. Tumbes is a small city and I think you might get bored there quickly, but it is near Mancora (a popular beach town)
http://www.vivamancora.com. Piura is a bigger city in the North where I think you may be able to get by on $500 a month. I liked it when I visited back in 2007. I lived in Trujillo, on about $1200 a month, but I lived with my girlfriend, so as single person you could live there on about half that.

Easy women... Well, Peruanas love gringos (white guys) so if you are one you will have an advantage. Are all the women ugly? Of course not. You just need to know where to look. You won't see that many cute women walking around in the streets, but if you go to the discos you will see plenty of cute to extremely hot women (even model quality).

It is easy to stay in Peru for a long time, either by border hopping or by overstaying and paying $1 per day when you leave the country (I did this for years and never had a problem).

Unfortunately crime is very high in most South-American countries, especially in countries like Peru, Colombia or Ecuador. Chile and Argentina may be a bit safer, but they are also more expensive. You can still live in these countries (I lived in Peru for 6 years) but you will have to take precautions and be careful. It helps to know someone there who can show you around and give you advice on what to do and what not to do.
chibolo
Junior Poster

Postby Robert77 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:24 pm

I mean in peru, ecuador and mexico you will find pretty girls too, it's just the indigenous amerindian look doesnt do it for me, and in those countries it's common.
World traveler, questions about women from a certain country? Ask!!! I can help
Robert77
Freshman Poster

Postby chibolo » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:39 pm

Robert77 wrote:I mean in peru, ecuador and mexico you will find pretty girls too, it's just the indigenous amerindian look doesnt do it for me, and in those countries it's common.

Yes, a lot of Peruanas look amerindian/indigenous, but there are lots of mixed race (mestiza) girls as well who can be very cute. You can find white women (Spanish decent) in Peru/Ecuador as well, and they are often very hot, but they belong to the upper class and are not as easy to meet and date. Of course, if you are looking for tall, pale, blue eyed blondes, then South America isn't for you.
chibolo
Junior Poster

Postby chibolo » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:52 pm

travelsouth wrote:The food in Mexico is the best in Latin America and of course many guys move a younger woman in.

Mexican food is great, but so is Peruvian food. Ceviche is excellent.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2qORMEcxrQ[/youtube]
chibolo
Junior Poster

Postby travelsouth » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:14 pm

chibolo wrote:
travelsouth wrote:The food in Mexico is the best in Latin America and of course many guys move a younger woman in.

Mexican food is great, but so is Peruvian food. Ceviche is excellent.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2qORMEcxrQ[/youtube]

ah yes an example of the adult response I mentioned earlier. A point in favor of Peru is that the high end restaurants in Mexico City will cost more than Lima. You get outside of DF and costs go down.
travelsouth
Freshman Poster

Next

Return to Latin America, Mexico, Central America