Impressions of Mexico

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Jester wrote:
eurobrat wrote:
Jester wrote:
eurobrat wrote:
Hey Jester, glad to see you're finally enjoying yourself outside California. It seems like it was just yesterday I was sitting at the pub with you enjoying a cold beer.
Miss you man. You're still in central Europe, right?
Yes in north Italy. Moving to Berlin soon.
IMO for a young man with EU roots, and with talent in business, no better place you could be choosing.

Godspeed.
Berlin is a pretty cool place. A big city cheaper than most small towns here in Italy. Italy hasn't been the best place to expat to in terms of people being open to foreigners. More unfriendly than I originally thought.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Northern Italy, at least Milan and Turin and Venice, are not known for being friendly to outsiders.

Munich IS.

I hope Berlin is like Munich. I bet it will be even better - international and all.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Jester wrote:Northern Italy, at least Milan and Turin and Venice, are not known for being friendly to outsiders.

Munich IS.

I hope Berlin is like Munich. I bet it will be even better - international and all.
I don't think so, I have been to Munich about 5 times. They're the richest and most conservative of all Germans. When I visited Berlin a few months ago I found Berliners to be the exact opposite.

What Berlin is going through right now is something similar to what happened to New York in the 1960's and 1970's. Even though I wasn't around at that time from what I have read it seems similar.

Also I don't know any capital city in the Western World with such high standards of living for such a low cost other than Berlin. Nothing else compares, hands down cheaper than even any second or even third tier US city.