Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Colombian women

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Colombian women

Postby amigo » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:21 pm

I lived in Colombia for 5 years, so I can share a lot of expertise.

in Colombia, the women are ethnically different in every city, and their personalities are different too.

in addition, they play games in terms of dating much like American women, and my experience will prepare you for what to expect.

Cartagena - these women are more likely to be black or 'morena' as they say. keep in mind that although 'blacks; are not very popular in Colombia, they are very happy and proud people, and you will probably like meeting them. 'morenas' are Colombians that look like they are black but they aren't. someone who looks like paula Abdul might be a good example (she is not Colombian BTW). in general, I liked women in Cartagena and I liked the agency AFA had there. and it is an awesome places to go for vacation. not very punctual

Barranquilla - every women for every date was 40 minutes late or more. what they do is arrange to meet you at the mall for example, and they ask you to call them when you arrive. so you call them when you get there but they are still at home, and they expect you to wait while they go there. so if you are supposed to meet at 8pm, you get there at 8pm, call them, and they leave their house and show up 45 minutes later. they will often say they are stuck in traffic or in a taxi but they are really at home waiting for you to call, because they don't want to pay the $1 for the bus in case you don't show up.

Medellin - very shallow and superficial. they care about looks. if you are not a handsome man, they won't care. always show up late. I heard that it wasn't like that 15 years ago, but it is now. they like a guy to be feminine. they want you to have your nails done at the salon, and shave your chest, and where girly clothes. they can be very beautiful though.

Bucaramanga - Bucaramanga women are known for being 'strong willed' and assertive with men. meaning you are probably more likely to be approached here than elsewhere.

Bogota - this is where you will find the intelligent women. here you will find lawyers and doctors and stuff like that

Manizales - these are the best women I met in Colombia. always on time, friendly, they are much shorter than other Colombians. they are also the thinnest, and by being extremely thin, it makes their bust look huge. they had a great marriage agency but it has gone down hill because the current employees are a little feminist and don't care so much about the guys like the previous one did. I had the best dates in Colombia in Manizales. they seeme dthe most genuine. when I lived in Medellin, the best women I met were also from Manizales.

Pereira should be similar to Manizales.

Cali - here you can meet the complete spectrum of Colombians, in equal proportions. Indians, blondes, black, etc. they were always nice and I liked all the women I met


games that Colombian women play:

if you ask them to go out on a Saturday or sunday and they don't want to, they will often say they can't go because it is their grandmother's birthday.

they will never ever ever ever leave a voice message on your phone. if they hang up before voicemail, they don't have to pay for the call. so they save 10 cents and never ever leave a message, even if they are a doctor or lawyer.

if they do call you, and you answer, they will ask you to call them back because you will pay for the call and they will not have to.

if you call a Colombian woman and leave a message, and a few days go by, she will often say she didn't return your call because she lost the power supply to her phone, or because her phone was stolen. it is their excuse for not returning calls within 2 or 3 days.

if a week goes by, and you ask why she didn't return your call, she will likely say it was because she was in the hospital. the longer you live in Colombia, you will be surprised at how many people you meet that claim they spent a week in the hospital while you are waiting for their return phone call.

Colombian women will arrange to meet you, but won't want to pay for the bus or taxi, so they will wait for you to call, and then they leave their house when you call asking where they are, but they will say they are stuck in traffic or they are in the taxi and almost there. they will say they are 5 minutes away but show up 25 minutes later, and you won't see any traffic.

keep in mind if they need to take the bus, it can take a long long time for them to meet you. they might have to go on a 2 hour bus trip to get to where you are.

a Colombian woman believes that every Colombian man has 5 girlfriends.

here is a typical conversation I have had with about 50% of my dates:

SHE: Are you single?
ME: yes
SHE: do you have a girlfriend?
ME: no
SHE: Are you married?
ME: no
SHE: Were you ever married?
ME: no
SHE: are you divorced?
ME: no
SHE: do you have a wife?
ME: no
SHE: do you have a wife back home?
ME: no
SHE: are you sure you are not married?
ME: I am not married
SHE: do you have any kids?
ME: no
SHE: why, is it because you hate kids?

and then it goes on like this for an hour with the Colombian woman insisting that you must be married. I have had dates where 90% of the date is me telling her that I am not married. now, if a woman asks me that, I just want to end the date. if you meet one of these women, and there are a LOT of them, they will keep asking you over and over again if you are married. and they usually ask in a way that they for some reason think it is funny.


if a Colombian woman is a gold digger, and wants you for your money, she will ask you right away. you don't find out on the 3rd date. you will know on the 1st date. if you do give a Colombian woman money to keep her around, she will not show up again if you fail even 1 time to give her some money.


a lot of men meet Colombian women and think they have success until they ask the magic question. "what do you think of me" or "do you see me as a friend or more than a friend". the women always reply the exact same way. "as a friend, definitely, as a boyfriend, maybe" and they make a facial expression as if they are not that interested in you as a boyfriend. this is usually the last thing I hear from a Colombian woman on a date with a foreigner, and then the date ends.

Medellin women absolutely care about a man's looks. they take one look at me, and within a split second, they are not interested. I did an event with me and 1 other guy who was very good looking, and spent the whole 8 hours watching 20 women swoon over him and completely ignore me. the only difference between me and him is that I was heavier

Medellin women and perhaps others will drink a lot.

Colombian women will rob you if you meet the wrong one. you take them back to your apartment, and they excuse themselves for a second and call their boyfriend who knocks on your door 20 minutes later with his gang, and they are armed. and when they rob you in Colombia, they tie you down with duct tape and they take everything. they take your money, your furniture, your computer, and you will be in an empty room until someone finds you later.

a lot of Colombian women would like it if you buy them a nice cell phone, and they will always want the most expensive one that is considered popular.

you will be on a date with a Colombian and you will find that she frequently texts someone else who is probably her Colombian boyfriend, or it could be her mom or sister.

if you are with a Colombian woman and she takes a phone call and speaks in English, she has a foreign boyfriend who is probably American. it will happen with the women that speak English more fluently

if you meet a woman who speaks fluent English in Colombia, and she was not deported then she probably has a history of dating American men.

a large number of American women get deported to Colombia because their father was involved with drugs, they were in the US illegally, and they were under the age of 18, so they get deported when their parents get deported. so they will speak fluent English, lived their almost their entire life, and speak broken Spanish.

If you need a taxi in a city that has no meters, also make sure the women negotiates the fare with you standing far away, and if she agrees then you enter the cab with her.

you will meet Colombian women if you ride public transportation and speak English. they will say hello to you or stare at you or whatever. often they will tell you that they have family in the us or that they have visited.

when I was in Colombia, I would guess that 99% of the dates, the women don't even say hello when they arrive to meet me. often I would say hello to them (in spanish) and they would just not respond. often meaning 99% of the time.

another pain is that you arrive and you say 'where is a good restaurant', and the women will expect you to know, even if you just arrived in the country that day or week. the same goes for places to visit, museums, etc. they can't understand that you as a visitor would not know their city.

usually if you ask a Colombian woman for her phone number, she will dive into her purse quickly to get a pen and paper. 99% of the time.

if you ask Colombian women something like 'what do you like to do in your spare time', or ' on the weekend', etc, they usually have no answer. they have no knowledge of their nations national parks, history, places to go for the weekend, etc. maybe they do but they act like they don't.

they will almost always want to go to the disco.

another game they play. you will say 'lets go see a movie at 6:30pm at the El Tesoro mall' (via text). so at 6pm they will say 'where' and you will say 'El Tesoro'. then at 6:30pm they will respond and say 'what time' and you will say 'well it already started, the next movie is at 8pm'. then at 8pm they will respond and say 'what time?', and you will say 'well we missed the 8pm movie too', and then they will respond and say 'okay lets go dancing'. so what they do is they try to trick you into going dancing by delaying responding to you by text message. it will happen often

cell phones are very unreliable in Colombia. people run out of minutes, they forget to recharge them, they don't return calls, etc. so expect to have problems communicating with women by phone. they will not be prepared for dating you even if they have a job as a lawyer or whatever. I would say half the time, the women had cell phone problems or I had cell phone problems.

if a woman likes you, she will call you. 20 times in a day. she will call again and again and again and again and again and again and again.

often they will call, and if you don't answer, they will call again immediately, which is probably Colombian phone etiquette for meaning that they really want to speak to you. sometimes they will do the call and hangup and recall 3 times. remember, they won't leave a message so they don't have to pay for the call.

if you speak no Spanish, they understand your inability. if you speak some, they can tell you won't understand. but if you speak a reasonable amount of Spanish, and you don't understand something they say, they will keep repeating it over and over and will get angry if you do not understand it. they think if you have basic Spanish, then you must be fluent. I found that learning more and more Spanish did not ever make dating easier. in all cases, they always brought the conversation to a point that I no longer understood what they were talking about. my Spanish is good enough that I can date for long periods of time and I understand most conversation on a date with a woman, but when I first came I might run out of things after an hour because of my lack of knowledge of spanish. in other words, it is good to know virtually no Spanish or be fluent, but difficult in between. if you know a moderate amount of Spanish, they will get angry at you when you don't understand a word or two.

another thing a Colombian women will do if she wants to cancel a date is say that her sister just arrived at her house and wants her to babysit the kids (nieces and nephews) or something like that. or they will say that the aunt has just showed up at the house unannounced. and they use it for the future to. they will often say they can't meet you the next day because they are meeting their sister somewhere.

if you are black, you may have more luck in Cartagena and cali. there will be more black women there or morenas. Second, I have heard before that light skinned Colombian women like black men and dark skinned Colombian women like white men. I, a white man, had no problem meeting dark skinned Colombian women.

I glanced at a page of a date book at a marriage agency in Manizales, and one guy had rejects for 80% of hist date requests. I asked why no one wanted to meet him, and the woman said it is because he is black. I also went on dates with women who said the agency does not send the photo of a black man before a date because they know the typical woman does not want to date a black man.
Last edited by amigo on Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
amigo
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:47 am







Postby Ghost » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:24 pm

Sounds like a mixed bag, but tending to the negative. I'm not good looking, so I'll probably avoid Colombia. Might check it out briefly, and see for myself. I'm surprised you think lack of Spanish is a good thing. I thought the rule of thumb was that if you don't speak at least moderate Spanish, give Latin America a pass.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5749
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:23 am

Postby droid » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:54 pm

Great post.
Yep, I've been there and it's a mixed bag. They can be hollow materialistic whores, cheap American-wannabes, or super friendly and caring. Hard to make a generalization on this one.

However, they do make eye contact and at least acknowledge your presence, to a minimum.
IMO at least, the main benefit lies in the following:
amigo wrote:if a woman likes you, she will call you. 20 times in a day. she will call again and again and again and again and again and again and again.

I just don't find them that attractive anymore in the average. In part also because more and more they just burst with hideous silicone.

How about "perr*ira" is it true what they say?? I've been wanting to take a trip there and to Manizales. Apparently they have the beauty of the Medellin ones, without the pretentiousness.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
User avatar
droid
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2461
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:38 am

Postby amigo » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:22 am

yes, you will have the best fortune in Manizales and its neighbor Pereira.

although I also recommend Cartagena. it is a tourist city so the women expect foreigners to say hello to them out of courtesy.
amigo
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:47 am

Postby starchild5 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:02 am

Great Information Thank You.

90% of it sounds like Philippines also. While reading your post, I was relating to many equal incidences that happened in Manila.
User avatar
starchild5
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1665
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:32 am

Postby MrMark1972 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:15 pm

That was a very informative detailed post Amigo..thanks for sharing.Now how would you say a brown guy would fare over there?I'm half Trinidadian and half white and have an East Indian/Egyptian look...I love fair skinned shapely Colombian women but I heard that if you ain't white don't bother going...could you give me some pointers on that.I'm in good shape and well groomed but I do turn darkish brown under the hot sun.Thanks.
MrMark1972
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:41 pm
Location: The United States of Canada

Re: Colombian women

Postby Jester » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:50 pm

amigo wrote:I lived in Colombia for 5 years, so I can share a lot of expertise.

in Colombia, the women are ethnically different in every city, and their personalities are different too.

in addition, they play games in terms of dating much like American women, and my experience will prepare you for what to expect.

Cartagena - these women are more likely to be black or 'morena' as they say. keep in mind that although 'blacks; are not very popular in Colombia, they are very happy and proud people, and you will probably like meeting them. 'morenas' are Colombians that look like they are black but they aren't. someone who looks like paula Abdul might be a good example (she is not Colombian BTW). in general, I liked women in Cartagena and I liked the agency AFA had there. and it is an awesome places to go for vacation. not very punctual

Barranquilla - every women for every date was 40 minutes late or more. what they do is arrange to meet you at the mall for example, and they ask you to call them when you arrive. so you call them when you get there but they are still at home, and they expect you to wait while they go there. so if you are supposed to meet at 8pm, you get there at 8pm, call them, and they leave their house and show up 45 minutes later. they will often say they are stuck in traffic or in a taxi but they are really at home waiting for you to call, because they don't want to pay the $1 for the bus in case you don't show up.

Medellin - very shallow and superficial. they care about looks. if you are not a handsome man, they won't care. always show up late. I heard that it wasn't like that 15 years ago, but it is now. they like a guy to be feminine. they want you to have your nails done at the salon, and shave your chest, and where girly clothes. they can be very beautiful though.

Bucaramanga - Bucaramanga women are known for being 'strong willed' and assertive with men. meaning you are probably more likely to be approached here than elsewhere.

Bogota - this is where you will find the intelligent women. here you will find lawyers and doctors and stuff like that

Manizales - these are the best women I met in Colombia. always on time, friendly, they are much shorter than other Colombians. they are also the thinnest, and by being extremely thin, it makes their bust look huge. they had a great marriage agency but it has gone down hill because the current employees are a little feminist and don't care so much about the guys like the previous one did. I had the best dates in Colombia in Manizales. they seeme dthe most genuine. when I lived in Medellin, the best women I met were also from Manizales.

Pereira should be similar to Manizales.

Cali - here you can meet the complete spectrum of Colombians, in equal proportions. Indians, blondes, black, etc. they were always nice and I liked all the women I met


games that Colombian women play:

if you ask them to go out on a Saturday or sunday and they don't want to, they will often say they can't go because it is their grandmother's birthday.

they will never ever ever ever leave a voice message on your phone. if they hang up before voicemail, they don't have to pay for the call. so they save 10 cents and never ever leave a message, even if they are a doctor or lawyer.

if they do call you, and you answer, they will ask you to call them back because you will pay for the call and they will not have to.

if you call a Colombian woman and leave a message, and a few days go by, she will often say she didn't return your call because she lost the power supply to her phone, or because her phone was stolen. it is their excuse for not returning calls within 2 or 3 days.

if a week goes by, and you ask why she didn't return your call, she will likely say it was because she was in the hospital. the longer you live in Colombia, you will be surprised at how many people you meet that claim they spent a week in the hospital while you are waiting for their return phone call.

Colombian women will arrange to meet you, but won't want to pay for the bus or taxi, so they will wait for you to call, and then they leave their house when you call asking where they are, but they will say they are stuck in traffic or they are in the taxi and almost there. they will say they are 5 minutes away but show up 25 minutes later, and you won't see any traffic.

keep in mind if they need to take the bus, it can take a long long time for them to meet you. they might have to go on a 2 hour bus trip to get to where you are.

a Colombian woman believes that every Colombian man has 5 girlfriends.

here is a typical conversation I have had with about 50% of my dates:

SHE: Are you single?
ME: yes
SHE: do you have a girlfriend?
ME: no
SHE: Are you married?
ME: no
SHE: Were you ever married?
ME: no
SHE: are you divorced?
ME: no
SHE: do you have a wife?
ME: no
SHE: do you have a wife back home?
ME: no
SHE: are you sure you are not married?
ME: I am not married
SHE: do you have any kids?
ME: no
SHE: why, is it because you hate kids?

and then it goes on like this for an hour with the Colombian woman insisting that you must be married. I have had dates where 90% of the date is me telling her that I am not married. now, if a woman asks me that, I just want to end the date. if you meet one of these women, and there are a LOT of them, they will keep asking you over and over again if you are married. and they usually ask in a way that they for some reason think it is funny.


if a Colombian woman is a gold digger, and wants you for your money, she will ask you right away. you don't find out on the 3rd date. you will know on the 1st date. if you do give a Colombian woman money to keep her around, she will not show up again if you fail even 1 time to give her some money.


a lot of men meet Colombian women and think they have success until they ask the magic question. "what do you think of me" or "do you see me as a friend or more than a friend". the women always reply the exact same way. "as a friend, definitely, as a boyfriend, maybe" and they make a facial expression as if they are not that interested in you as a boyfriend. this is usually the last thing I hear from a Colombian woman on a date with a foreigner, and then the date ends.

Medellin women absolutely care about a man's looks. they take one look at me, and within a split second, they are not interested. I did an event with me and 1 other guy who was very good looking, and spent the whole 8 hours watching 20 women swoon over him and completely ignore me. the only difference between me and him is that I was heavier

Medellin women and perhaps others will drink a lot.

Colombian women will rob you if you meet the wrong one. you take them back to your apartment, and they excuse themselves for a second and call their boyfriend who knocks on your door 20 minutes later with his gang, and they are armed. and when they rob you in Colombia, they tie you down with duct tape and they take everything. they take your money, your furniture, your computer, and you will be in an empty room until someone finds you later.

a lot of Colombian women would like it if you buy them a nice cell phone, and they will always want the most expensive one that is considered popular.

you will be on a date with a Colombian and you will find that she frequently texts someone else who is probably her Colombian boyfriend, or it could be her mom or sister.

if you are with a Colombian woman and she takes a phone call and speaks in English, she has a foreign boyfriend who is probably American. it will happen with the women that speak English more fluently

if you meet a woman who speaks fluent English in Colombia, and she was not deported then she probably has a history of dating American men.

a large number of American women get deported to Colombia because their father was involved with drugs, they were in the US illegally, and they were under the age of 18, so they get deported when their parents get deported. so they will speak fluent English, lived their almost their entire life, and speak broken Spanish.

If you need a taxi in a city that has no meters, also make sure the women negotiates the fare with you standing far away, and if she agrees then you enter the cab with her.

you will meet Colombian women if you ride public transportation and speak English. they will say hello to you or stare at you or whatever. often they will tell you that they have family in the us or that they have visited.

when I was in Colombia, I would guess that 99% of the dates, the women don't even say hello when they arrive to meet me. often I would say hello to them (in spanish) and they would just not respond. often meaning 99% of the time.

another pain is that you arrive and you say 'where is a good restaurant', and the women will expect you to know, even if you just arrived in the country that day or week. the same goes for places to visit, museums, etc. they can't understand that you as a visitor would not know their city.

usually if you ask a Colombian woman for her phone number, she will dive into her purse quickly to get a pen and paper. 99% of the time.

if you ask Colombian women something like 'what do you like to do in your spare time', or ' on the weekend', etc, they usually have no answer. they have no knowledge of their nations national parks, history, places to go for the weekend, etc. maybe they do but they act like they don't.

they will almost always want to go to the disco.

another game they play. you will say 'lets go see a movie at 6:30pm at the El Tesoro mall' (via text). so at 6pm they will say 'where' and you will say 'El Tesoro'. then at 6:30pm they will respond and say 'what time' and you will say 'well it already started, the next movie is at 8pm'. then at 8pm they will respond and say 'what time?', and you will say 'well we missed the 8pm movie too', and then they will respond and say 'okay lets go dancing'. so what they do is they try to trick you into going dancing by delaying responding to you by text message. it will happen often

cell phones are very unreliable in Colombia. people run out of minutes, they forget to recharge them, they don't return calls, etc. so expect to have problems communicating with women by phone. they will not be prepared for dating you even if they have a job as a lawyer or whatever. I would say half the time, the women had cell phone problems or I had cell phone problems.

if a woman likes you, she will call you. 20 times in a day. she will call again and again and again and again and again and again and again.

often they will call, and if you don't answer, they will call again immediately, which is probably Colombian phone etiquette for meaning that they really want to speak to you. sometimes they will do the call and hangup and recall 3 times. remember, they won't leave a message so they don't have to pay for the call.

if you speak no Spanish, they understand your inability. if you speak some, they can tell you won't understand. but if you speak a reasonable amount of Spanish, and you don't understand something they say, they will keep repeating it over and over and will get angry if you do not understand it. they think if you have basic Spanish, then you must be fluent. I found that learning more and more Spanish did not ever make dating easier. in all cases, they always brought the conversation to a point that I no longer understood what they were talking about. my Spanish is good enough that I can date for long periods of time and I understand most conversation on a date with a woman, but when I first came I might run out of things after an hour because of my lack of knowledge of spanish. in other words, it is good to know virtually no Spanish or be fluent, but difficult in between. if you know a moderate amount of Spanish, they will get angry at you when you don't understand a word or two.

another thing a Colombian women will do if she wants to cancel a date is say that her sister just arrived at her house and wants her to babysit the kids (nieces and nephews) or something like that. or they will say that the aunt has just showed up at the house unannounced. and they use it for the future to. they will often say they can't meet you the next day because they are meeting their sister somewhere.

if you are black, you may have more luck in Cartagena and cali. there will be more black women there or morenas. Second, I have heard before that light skinned Colombian women like black men and dark skinned Colombian women like white men. I, a white man, had no problem meeting dark skinned Colombian women.

I glanced at a page of a date book at a marriage agency in Manizales, and one guy had rejects for 80% of hist date requests. I asked why no one wanted to meet him, and the woman said it is because he is black. I also went on dates with women who said the agency does not send the photo of a black man before a date because they know the typical woman does not want to date a black man.


+1 Amigo, a great first post, THANK YOU.... and welcome to the forum.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7869
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Re: Colombian women

Postby Jester » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:08 pm

amigo wrote:


games that Colombian women play:

if you ask them to go out on a Saturday or sunday and they don't want to, they will often say they can't go because it is their grandmother's birthday.

they will never ever ever ever leave a voice message on your phone. if they hang up before voicemail, they don't have to pay for the call. so they save 10 cents and never ever leave a message, even if they are a doctor or lawyer.

if they do call you, and you answer, they will ask you to call them back because you will pay for the call and they will not have to.

if you call a Colombian woman and leave a message, and a few days go by, she will often say she didn't return your call because she lost the power supply to her phone, or because her phone was stolen. it is their excuse for not returning calls within 2 or 3 days.

if a week goes by, and you ask why she didn't return your call, she will likely say it was because she was in the hospital. the longer you live in Colombia, you will be surprised at how many people you meet that claim they spent a week in the hospital while you are waiting for their return phone call.

Colombian women will arrange to meet you, but won't want to pay for the bus or taxi, so they will wait for you to call, and then they leave their house when you call asking where they are, but they will say they are stuck in traffic or they are in the taxi and almost there. they will say they are 5 minutes away but show up 25 minutes later, and you won't see any traffic.

keep in mind if they need to take the bus, it can take a long long time for them to meet you. they might have to go on a 2 hour bus trip to get to where you are.

a Colombian woman believes that every Colombian man has 5 girlfriends.

here is a typical conversation I have had with about 50% of my dates:

SHE: Are you single?
ME: yes
SHE: do you have a girlfriend?
ME: no
SHE: Are you married?
ME: no
SHE: Were you ever married?
ME: no
SHE: are you divorced?
ME: no
SHE: do you have a wife?
ME: no
SHE: do you have a wife back home?
ME: no
SHE: are you sure you are not married?
ME: I am not married
SHE: do you have any kids?
ME: no
SHE: why, is it because you hate kids?

and then it goes on like this for an hour with the Colombian woman insisting that you must be married. I have had dates where 90% of the date is me telling her that I am not married. now, if a woman asks me that, I just want to end the date. if you meet one of these women, and there are a LOT of them, they will keep asking you over and over again if you are married. and they usually ask in a way that they for some reason think it is funny.


if a Colombian woman is a gold digger, and wants you for your money, she will ask you right away. you don't find out on the 3rd date. you will know on the 1st date. if you do give a Colombian woman money to keep her around, she will not show up again if you fail even 1 time to give her some money.


a lot of men meet Colombian women and think they have success until they ask the magic question. "what do you think of me" or "do you see me as a friend or more than a friend". the women always reply the exact same way. "as a friend, definitely, as a boyfriend, maybe" and they make a facial expression as if they are not that interested in you as a boyfriend. this is usually the last thing I hear from a Colombian woman on a date with a foreigner, and then the date ends.

Medellin women absolutely care about a man's looks. they take one look at me, and within a split second, they are not interested. I did an event with me and 1 other guy who was very good looking, and spent the whole 8 hours watching 20 women swoon over him and completely ignore me. the only difference between me and him is that I was heavier

Medellin women and perhaps others will drink a lot.

Colombian women will rob you if you meet the wrong one. you take them back to your apartment, and they excuse themselves for a second and call their boyfriend who knocks on your door 20 minutes later with his gang, and they are armed. and when they rob you in Colombia, they tie you down with duct tape and they take everything. they take your money, your furniture, your computer, and you will be in an empty room until someone finds you later.

a lot of Colombian women would like it if you buy them a nice cell phone, and they will always want the most expensive one that is considered popular.

you will be on a date with a Colombian and you will find that she frequently texts someone else who is probably her Colombian boyfriend, or it could be her mom or sister.

if you are with a Colombian woman and she takes a phone call and speaks in English, she has a foreign boyfriend who is probably American. it will happen with the women that speak English more fluently

if you meet a woman who speaks fluent English in Colombia, and she was not deported then she probably has a history of dating American men.

a large number of American women get deported to Colombia because their father was involved with drugs, they were in the US illegally, and they were under the age of 18, so they get deported when their parents get deported. so they will speak fluent English, lived their almost their entire life, and speak broken Spanish.

If you need a taxi in a city that has no meters, also make sure the women negotiates the fare with you standing far away, and if she agrees then you enter the cab with her.

you will meet Colombian women if you ride public transportation and speak English. they will say hello to you or stare at you or whatever. often they will tell you that they have family in the us or that they have visited.

when I was in Colombia, I would guess that 99% of the dates, the women don't even say hello when they arrive to meet me. often I would say hello to them (in spanish) and they would just not respond. often meaning 99% of the time.

another pain is that you arrive and you say 'where is a good restaurant', and the women will expect you to know, even if you just arrived in the country that day or week. the same goes for places to visit, museums, etc. they can't understand that you as a visitor would not know their city.

usually if you ask a Colombian woman for her phone number, she will dive into her purse quickly to get a pen and paper. 99% of the time.

if you ask Colombian women something like 'what do you like to do in your spare time', or ' on the weekend', etc, they usually have no answer. they have no knowledge of their nations national parks, history, places to go for the weekend, etc. maybe they do but they act like they don't.

they will almost always want to go to the disco.

another game they play. you will say 'lets go see a movie at 6:30pm at the El Tesoro mall' (via text). so at 6pm they will say 'where' and you will say 'El Tesoro'. then at 6:30pm they will respond and say 'what time' and you will say 'well it already started, the next movie is at 8pm'. then at 8pm they will respond and say 'what time?', and you will say 'well we missed the 8pm movie too', and then they will respond and say 'okay lets go dancing'. so what they do is they try to trick you into going dancing by delaying responding to you by text message. it will happen often

cell phones are very unreliable in Colombia. people run out of minutes, they forget to recharge them, they don't return calls, etc. so expect to have problems communicating with women by phone. they will not be prepared for dating you even if they have a job as a lawyer or whatever. I would say half the time, the women had cell phone problems or I had cell phone problems.

if a woman likes you, she will call you. 20 times in a day. she will call again and again and again and again and again and again and again.

often they will call, and if you don't answer, they will call again immediately, which is probably Colombian phone etiquette for meaning that they really want to speak to you. sometimes they will do the call and hangup and recall 3 times. remember, they won't leave a message so they don't have to pay for the call.

if you speak no Spanish, they understand your inability. if you speak some, they can tell you won't understand. but if you speak a reasonable amount of Spanish, and you don't understand something they say, they will keep repeating it over and over and will get angry if you do not understand it. they think if you have basic Spanish, then you must be fluent. I found that learning more and more Spanish did not ever make dating easier. in all cases, they always brought the conversation to a point that I no longer understood what they were talking about. my Spanish is good enough that I can date for long periods of time and I understand most conversation on a date with a woman, but when I first came I might run out of things after an hour because of my lack of knowledge of spanish. in other words, it is good to know virtually no Spanish or be fluent, but difficult in between. if you know a moderate amount of Spanish, they will get angry at you when you don't understand a word or two.


another thing a Colombian women will do if she wants to cancel a date is say that her sister just arrived at her house and wants her to babysit the kids (nieces and nephews) or something like that. or they will say that the aunt has just showed up at the house unannounced. and they use it for the future to. they will often say they can't meet you the next day because they are meeting their sister somewhere.

if you are black, you may have more luck in Cartagena and cali. there will be more black women there or morenas. Second, I have heard before that light skinned Colombian women like black men and dark skinned Colombian women like white men. I, a white man, had no problem meeting dark skinned Colombian women.

I glanced at a page of a date book at a marriage agency in Manizales, and one guy had rejects for 80% of hist date requests. I asked why no one wanted to meet him, and the woman said it is because he is black. I also went on dates with women who said the agency does not send the photo of a black man before a date because they know the typical woman does not want to date a black man.


A lot of this, not all, was similar to Mexicanas. I have "bolded" the passages that match me experiences with Mexicanas.

Let me add that most of it doesn't really bother me. These people are not generally rocket scientists, but you know, I don't ask questions about telemetry before romance.

Re cellphone flakiness, it's not just for dating. Workmen, maids, house-guests also can be out of minutes , or flake, also. But YOU need to ALWAYS be there at the appointed place, bathed, groomed dressed, ready and waiting, in case they DO come, fifteen minutes early. Because they couldn't gauge the time, or the bus ran early, or whatever, they can be fifteen minutes early, or an hour late.

But most of it is NOT lying. They really are that stupid about planning ahead. Relaxing, but not too set for accomplishment.

The lack of hochkultur, of high culture, does bother me. As does the drinking. I like 'em demure.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7869
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Postby Jester » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:09 pm

So where are you now, amigo?
"Pick a point and go to it."
-- Dr John Hunsucker, speaking about canoeing on Georgia's Lake Lanier, with its irregular shape, and 1000 miles of meandering shoreline
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 7869
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:10 am
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand

Postby fightforlove » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:00 pm

Thanks for the breakdown, Amigo.

So, I am a white guy interested in Colombians that lean towards the European end of the spectrum. From your summary, I can infer that Cali, Medellin, and Manizales would be my best bet??
fightforlove
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 525
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:41 pm
Location: on an adventure between Wisconsin and Jalisco

Postby Hero » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:27 pm

Lack of punctuality seems to be a universal problem with women.
Hero
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1683
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:19 pm

Postby fightforlove » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:33 pm

What kind of game is required to get Colombian women? How do they differ? Roosh V wrote a book Bang Colombia, did anyone read it?
fightforlove
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 525
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:41 pm
Location: on an adventure between Wisconsin and Jalisco

Postby Wantwifeabroad33 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:54 am

I do not understand I feel like as if though I would be successful in Colombia as an African American male why is there always negative talk about
a black men going to Colombia to meet his future I 'am not listening to any of you because I think the majority on this board are racist because they
do not want to see anther mans race succeed in Colombia! well I beg to differ I will succeed in Colombia no matter what any other Gentlemen says
on here?! So kiss my butt I 'am still going
Wantwifeabroad33
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:31 am
Location: San Fransico CA

Postby E Irizarry R&B Singer » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:20 am

Wantwifeabroad33 wrote:I do not understand I feel like as if though I would be successful in Colombia as an African American male why is there always negative talk about
a black men going to Colombia to meet his future I 'am not listening to any of you because I think the majority on this board are racist because they
do not want to see anther mans race succeed in Colombia! well I beg to differ I will succeed in Colombia no matter what any other Gentlemen says
on here?! So kiss my butt I 'am still going


Just remember to act like a man when you go abroad. Don't think about race even if a broad in Colombia that may remind you of a broad back home that was racist; just block it out of your mind. And another thing, treat actual w.hores that you pay to f.uck like w.hores; please do not treat women there as w.hores if they definitely don't act like it.

If you act like an a.sshole; they will look at ANY AMERICANs that they'd come across as a.ssholes. You will be looked at as an American, not as a Black American. Keep that in mind; all jokes aside.
It's time to expatriate to evade your fate; it's time to expatriate before the barn door permanently closes on "US" sheep.
Debut mixtape "The Skilled Neophyte of RNB (x64)" dropping Spring 2016 - Follow me on Twitter @eirizarryRNB
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2046
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:26 am
Location: The fuckin' U.S. of Gay *ugh*

Postby publicduende » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:42 am

Wantwifeabroad33 wrote:I do not understand I feel like as if though I would be successful in Colombia as an African American male why is there always negative talk about
a black men going to Colombia to meet his future I 'am not listening to any of you because I think the majority on this board are racist because they
do not want to see anther mans race succeed in Colombia! well I beg to differ I will succeed in Colombia no matter what any other Gentlemen says
on here?! So kiss my butt I 'am still going


Colombia is a large and ethnically diverse country and, as far as I have seen (I have a Colombian wife and been there a few times), racism towards Afro-caribbeans is still quite deep seated. If you go to Bogota or Medellin, where the most women with European ancestry are, the going canon of beauty is Caucasian, fair white skin, light body. By all means do try, but unless you look like an underwear model with the charm of a young Denzel Washington do not expect miracles.

If you go to places in or close to the Caribbean coast (Barranquilla, Cartagena, Santa Marta, etc.) or Pacific regions like Choco, though, your looks will be much more in tune with the rest of the local population mix and you will feel much more welcome.
User avatar
publicduende
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2631
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:20 pm

Next

Return to Latin America, Mexico, Central America

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest