Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

-----

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby Ghost » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:30 pm

chibolo wrote:Huh? Why? I am not sure you understood me. I was just recommending that you choose a country with a fairly neutral type of Spanish IF learning Spanish is your main goal. Obvously you can learn Spanish anywhere you want and it you will be understood in other countries as well. It is just that some countries are slightly better and easier than others when it comes to learning Spanish. In the end it doesn't matter THAT much which country you choose though.

I just mean what kind of Spanish is spoken won't influence my decision and I won't worry about my accent, since I will probably always have a gringo accent anyway.

Well you can find short, dark haired girls in most countries in Latin America so finding one of those will not be a problem. The countries I have been to are Mexico, Peru and Ecuador and they all have LOTS of those types of girls.

Yeah, I'd prefer a white Latina, but I know that's probably not going to happen. So short, thick, dark-haired girls are fine for me.

Ok ,you're tall and white. That will make things easier in Latin America (although other races can do well too of course). Do you have blue or green eyes by any chance? If so you will have another added advantage (latinas tend to love guys with blue or green eyes because they are so rare in those countries).

Yeah, I do. Figured my eyes would be a plus. They certainly were in Asia.

OK, here are potential destinations for me:

Mexico, Costa Rica, Bolivia, Chile, Argentina, Belize

If I an arrange things so I can hit up three countries during my travels, I'll be happy. Looked at plane tickets earlier. Not too bad until you want to go down to South America.

Anyone have any experiences traveling through Central or South America by bus? I'd consider it for saving money, but going through that many immigrations and customs checkpoints would drive me crazy and make things unpleasant.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby chibolo » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:40 pm

Yeah, I'd prefer a white Latina, but I know that's probably not going to happen.

Why not? Yeah they may be a bit harder to date but there is no reason why you couldn't find one who likes you.

OK, here are potential destinations for me:

Mexico, Costa Rica, Bolivia, Chile, Argentina, Belize

Yeah you could combine Bolivia, Chile and Argentina. I am curious though, why Bolivia and not Peru? A lot more to see and do in Peru than in Bolivia. Bolivia is the poorest country in South America, while Peru is quite a bit more developed (has one of the fastest growing economies in SA).
chibolo
Junior Poster

Postby Ghost » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:39 am

chibolo wrote:Why not? Yeah they may be a bit harder to date but there is no reason why you couldn't find one who likes you.

They tend to belong to higher classes and are more attractive, so the competition is much fiercer.

Yeah you could combine Bolivia, Chile and Argentina. I am curious though, why Bolivia and not Peru? A lot more to see and do in Peru than in Bolivia. Bolivia is the poorest country in South America, while Peru is quite a bit more developed (has one of the fastest growing economies in SA).

I don't know much about Peru. I had a former friend tell me lots of great stories about Bolivia.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Traveler » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:18 am

You could do a TEFL in Latin America.
http://www.internationalteflacademy.com ... fl-classes

http://www.celtainecuador.com/

The CELTA seems be the most well respected certificate for teaching ESL worldwide. It would significantly improve your chances of finding a teaching job in many places. I know schools in Vietnam highly value it.
Traveler
Freshman Poster

Postby droid » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:18 am

They've told me a few times Argentinian chicks are the sluttiest in South-America; that by 17 they've been with whole platoons.

This can be good or bad, depending on what you're looking for. Apparently you just build a little rapport with them and they lay back.

I usually don't judge sluttiness -at least for fun-, as long as chicks have some good manners (slutty or not) I'm happy. I see it as two separate things.

It would be nice to hear a HA report regarding that zone.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
droid
Veteran Poster

Postby Ghost » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:03 am

Traveler wrote:You could do a TEFL in Latin America.
http://www.internationalteflacademy.com ... fl-classes

http://www.celtainecuador.com/

The CELTA seems be the most well respected certificate for teaching ESL worldwide. It would significantly improve your chances of finding a teaching job in many places. I know schools in Vietnam highly value it.

Yeah, that's my plan. I want to study for a TEFL in one country, then choose another country to work in. Then I hope I can visit at least one more besides those.

droid wrote:They've told me a few times Argentinian chicks are the sluttiest in South-America; that by 17 they've been with whole platoons.

This can be good or bad, depending on what you're looking for. Apparently you just build a little rapport with them and they lay back.

I usually don't judge sluttiness -at least for fun-, as long as chicks have some good manners (slutty or not) I'm happy. I see it as two separate things.

It would be nice to hear a HA report regarding that zone.

I'm not looking for a long-term relationship down there. And I wouldn't exactly expect Argentinian girls to be traditional. I just want a white girlfriend and I'd like to do it without having to go to Ukraine or Russia or where ever.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Traveler » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:48 am

I'd definitely recommend reading Around The World in 80 Girls. The author did a ton of travelling in South America. His book is full of anecdotes about his experiences in different countries. The author has a website too.
Traveler
Freshman Poster

Postby Jester » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:53 am

Ghost, you'll do fine in BA.

Go there and get the cert.

Focus on that.

You'll do fine.

From there you can move around easily to go where the work is.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby chibolo » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:00 pm

They tend to belong to higher classes and are more attractive, so the competition is much fiercer.

Depends on the country. In countries like Mexico, Peru , etc, yeah they belong to the higher classes. They aren't necesarilly rich though. Many are about as wealthy as the average upper middle class American. And in countries like Argentina most people will be white or mostly white.

Are they more attractive? Not always. I have seen ugly white latinas and extremely hot mestiza girls.

I don't know much about Peru. I had a former friend tell me lots of great stories about Bolivia.

Peru is one of the most popular tourist destinations in South America. It has lots of great places to visit and the best food in South America:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEN_kJTd2Bg[/youtube]

Southern Peru is kind of similar to Bolivia actually. The most attractive women are in Lima and northern Peru though. (I lived in Peru for 6 years btw).

Cute girls from northern Peru:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGiEec8ILQY[/youtube]
Last edited by chibolo on Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chibolo
Junior Poster

Postby Traveler » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:37 pm

gsjackson wrote:Along with a few places in Mexico, the spot I'd be focused on in LA is Salta, Argentina. It's in beautiful mountain country, has one of the world's best climates, the most European-like culture in LA, and a nice size of 600K.

To my way of thinking, the only advantage Asia has over LA is far less crime. Otherwise, LA is a slam dunk, to me.

I have just been rereading what the author of Around The World in 80 Girls said about his time in Argentina. He said that there are tons of hotties and a very good girl to guy ratio. He said that the city of Rosario had three times as many girls as guys. At least that is what the locals told him. He also said that Argentinian girls are used to being hit on in a very aggressive way by guys. An Argentinian guy may just grab a girl and drag her to the dance floor without even asking her if she wants to dance. He may whisper in her ear, “I want to kiss you,â€￾ a few minutes after meeting her. That's the kind of behavior that would be called sexual harassment in the USA but it is the norm there. I wonder why more guys don't travel to Latin America. I guess the Philippines has the advantage of English. Also even if you are 60 you can easily find a Filipina girlfriend who is 20 so guys figure dating success is guaranteed there. Latin America is a more uncertain option.
Traveler
Freshman Poster

Postby manly5000 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:19 pm

Ghost wrote:Anyone have any experiences traveling through Central or South America by bus? I'd consider it for saving money, but going through that many immigrations and customs checkpoints would drive me crazy and make things unpleasant.

It's funny, as I've researched getting around in Mexico, it seems that flying is only a touch more expensive (and in some cases cheaper) than taking a bus between the same destinations. Not sure about Brazil yet but I imagine it's similar.

By the way what state are you in? I'll be driving from Michigan to Texas and then walking across the border into Mexico, so if I'm passing through your area it might be fun to grab a drink and meet someone else from the forum here. Then as Jester said, if you want to get your feet wet you can come hang out with us in Ensenada. 8)
Out in the world living the dream!
manly5000
Freshman Poster

Postby chibolo » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:39 pm

Traveler wrote:. He also said that Argentinian girls are used to being hit on in a very aggressive way by guys. An Argentinian guy may just grab a girl and drag her to the dance floor without even asking her if she wants to dance. He may whisper in her ear, “I want to kiss you,â€￾ a few minutes after meeting her. That's the kind of behavior that would be called sexual harassment in the USA but it is the norm there.

Maybe it is like that in Argentina (I wouldn't know, have never been there) but in Peru it isn't like that at all. I have been to lots and lots of Peruvian discos and usually the guy walks up to the girl and very politely asks if she wants to dance. Most of the times when I saw this happen the guy got rejected actually LOL!
chibolo
Junior Poster

Postby Ghost » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:51 am

Really leaning towards Costa Rica now. I hear a lot of good things about it, and I don't want a full-blown third-world experience. I can study there, then decide to continue with LA or to go back to Asia.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby chibolo » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:09 pm

Ghost wrote:Really leaning towards Costa Rica now. I hear a lot of good things about it, and I don't want a full-blown third-world experience. I can study there, then decide to continue with LA or to go back to Asia.

Yeah Costa Rica is probably good if you want to completely avoid the "third world" experience. It will be a lot more expensive than other countries though. Other Latin American countries that aren't "third world" are Chile and Uruguay (also much more expensive).
chibolo
Junior Poster

Postby fightforlove » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:37 pm

Have any of you guys tried MexicanCupid, ColombianCupid or LatinCupid? Is the quality decent? Can you quickly hook up with girls from these sites if you're in LA for a short-term trip?
fightforlove
Junior Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Latin America, Mexico, Central America