Mexico 2015 Travel Plans

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
drealm
Junior Poster

Re: Mexico 2015 Travel Plans

Post by drealm »

I'm now learning towards Querétaro. No cartels seem to have any major presence here. Statistically it's among the lowest crime regions in Mexico. On most maps and indexes San Luis Potosi has about twice as much crime.

Another good ancedot is that it got a bad review on Roosch for being too traditional: http://www.rooshvforum.com/archive/inde ... 15567.html

My rating: 5.5 out of 10.

As in much of MExico, a lot of grown women live with their parents. It was kind of a turn off for me, and girls seem a little conservative here.

has pretty much everything you need, except for DTF (down to f*ck) females!

This is a very conservative part of the country and it's full of good girls who live with their extended family.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Help Me Choose Mexican City

Post by Jester »

drealm wrote:
Also I just looked a Guadalajara and it seems very high class, cosmopolitan. Not a bad thing in and of itself but I'm not sure a thriving european town is best for a man who wants to play financial savior to some woman. I want a place descendent from european genetics that has since crashed.
That place is not Mexico.

The elites of Mexico have been doing well.

The places you are describing are Ukraine and... Ukraine.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Mexico Dating Strategy

Post by Jester »

Ghost wrote:
With only 9 days or so, you should do most of your legwork before ever getting on the plane. And if I were you, I'd hit this from several different angles. So that means trying to line up women so to speak before you get there.

So here are my ideas:

1. Put some ads on craigslist. This is just a start, and the ad should be in Spanish. If the city you choose isn't listed or has no activity on the site, don't bother. But otherwise, it's free and would only take a few minutes.

2. Practice your basic Spanish until you go. Skip grammar and all that stuff. Give yourself an attainable goal, like learning 3 or 4 new words relevant to dating/socializing and 1 phrase per day. Don't really study it, just learn a little of what's relevant, and this way you'll also be able to practice short dialogues about asking a girl on a date, etc. Adding a "mere" vocabulary of 200 words would help you tremendously, more than you'd think. And your dates would really appreciate it. Even just a little interest and knowledge about her language will differentiate you from the usual gringos. You could also use a language exchange site to meet some girls, and take out two birds with one stone.

3. You have the money, so sign up for dating sites and use the heck out of them. X number of messages per day, and try to skype with them several times before meeting them. If you skype with a girl first, I think it increases the chances she'll actually meet with you.

4. I think posting signs at a university is a good idea, but add in an exchange where you help them with their English in turn for some Spanish lessons. My gut feeling here is that likely wouldn't help you directly, but indirectly. I wouldn't mention in the ad about anything of a romantic nature. But the girls you meet and study with could help you, both when you are there and in the future if you strike up a friendship.

5. I don't think just going to the park would be that helpful. How useful this would be ties back into my number 2 idea though. Learn and practice dialogues about meeting a girl in the park. Learn how to ask how she is, ask for her number, ask her on a date, etc. Then I think hitting parks could work out.

6. What about trying to meet some families when you get there? They could help you, but the downside would be that it would be a process. In the long term, it would be beneficial. In the short term, it probably wouldn't be useful. But this could be a side-project, if your main goal isn't accomplished while you are there. I think that would be much better than going to bars and hoping for the best. I guess the culture is big on drinking, but I doubt using clubs in any country is a good way too meet or otherwise get introduced to women.
I agree with Ghost's 1 through 5.

I particularly like 2, 3 & 4.

Re number 4, there are 2 ways to take this:
(A) Go to language exchange sites in advice and search for cuties, begin conversing online via skype or whatever (USE those tech skills), then visit and continue in-person for a few times.
or
(B) Find a Spanish school. Ideally one that ALSO teaches English. Go every day for an actual daily 3 hour class every morning. Make it a point to insist on going out and lunch with some people afterwards (students, teachers, doesnt matter)and that will give you a built-in social circle. Practice at the table, and girls around you will become curious. Use folks at the school to be a wingman or wingwomen (not one) etc later in the evening too.

Re #6, bars, the high-class bars will have English-speaking men who will befriend you for an evening. Breaking past that to get them to include you in some social event where women are present is a tall order. I would leave this alone. UNLESS you see a cute young "mesera" (waitress), who might make friends with you if you and sat at the bar and practiced Spanish. She would be more likely to introduce you to a friend than the guys, in my very limited experience.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

drealm wrote:
My boss helped me think up the new idea. Here it is:

We sell X product to consumers and professionals. This is not a niche product so pretty much anyone can relate to it. We are an international company and already sell in Mexico. Why not go to Mexico on the premise of doing "marketing research" or "expanding markets"? By doing this I'm making it a business trip. This gives me an excuse for being in the country besides seeing women. As a result I'll look non-desperate. It also gives me an opportunity to show financial status in a completely acceptable way. Lastly I don't need to fake anything so I can be completely upfront about why I'm there.

The plan could take many forms. But a possibility I see is this:

I locate a city with a high number of universities related to the profession that employs X product. I will go to these universities on the premise of showcasing product and also doing "research". I will contact the heads of departments for these universities. Since I'm with a large international company that's US based I think this will flatter their ego. On top of this it's just uncommon. This will establish me as the foreign expert.

It would be best if I could get an auditorium full of students. I will do presentations on the products and I get to control every detail. So I will make slideshows, power points or whatever that make me look good. I can learn spanish but there won't be any shame in hiring a translator since I'm there on the premise of business. If I hire a translator she will be an attractive girl. This will make the other women instinctively feel they need to compete. I will do multiple presentations a day. Each presentation can have hundreds of students, at least half will be girls.

My hope is that some of the students will contact me after a presentation. Any way it plays out the odds are high that I'll emerge with some contacts either male or female. If they're female I'll steer the conversation over to broader topics. If an opportunity and mood presents itself I will ask them on a date. If they're male I'll at least develop a social connection for being introduced to other people.

Based on this I may choose a town based on population size over some other factors. So I'll need to reevaluate my city list.
Brilliant. Seriously f***ing brilliant.

Is it a product that college girls would be interested in learning about?
drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

Jester wrote: Brilliant. Seriously f***ing brilliant.

I don't know. Women are unprofessional and get quickly bored with practical things.

Anyways I had more thoughts and don't think I'll do this.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

drealm wrote:
Jester wrote: Brilliant. Seriously f***ing brilliant.

I don't know. Women are unprofessional and get quickly bored with practical things.

Anyways I had more thoughts and don't think I'll do this.
Mildly disappointed to hear this. I could really see you being good in a forum where you could display logic, reason, etc.

Hmmm... maybe a video blog... where you talk about stuff you like... and link to it from your MexicanCupid profile.... help weed through the candidates by presenting yourself strongly...

Or back to language exchange...
sat
Freshman Poster

Post by sat »

Hi im from México so if you want to travel to a beautiful place go to Chiapas or cancun playa del Carmen tulum isla mujeres if you prefer beach or come to My city named puebla its also a beautiful city
sat
Freshman Poster

Post by sat »

Jester wrote:
Ghost wrote:
With only 9 days or so, you should do most of your legwork before ever getting on the plane. And if I were you, I'd hit this from several different angles. So that means trying to line up women so to speak before you get there.

So here are my ideas:

1. Put some ads on craigslist. This is just a start, and the ad should be in Spanish. If the city you choose isn't listed or has no activity on the site, don't bother. But otherwise, it's free and would only take a few minutes.

2. Practice your basic Spanish until you go. Skip grammar and all that stuff. Give yourself an attainable goal, like learning 3 or 4 new words relevant to dating/socializing and 1 phrase per day. Don't really study it, just learn a little of what's relevant, and this way you'll also be able to practice short dialogues about asking a girl on a date, etc. Adding a "mere" vocabulary of 200 words would help you tremendously, more than you'd think. And your dates would really appreciate it. Even just a little interest and knowledge about her language will differentiate you from the usual gringos. You could also use a language exchange site to meet some girls, and take out two birds with one stone.

3. You have the money, so sign up for dating sites and use the heck out of them. X number of messages per day, and try to skype with them several times before meeting them. If you skype with a girl first, I think it increases the chances she'll actually meet with you.

4. I think posting signs at a university is a good idea, but add in an exchange where you help them with their English in turn for some Spanish lessons. My gut feeling here is that likely wouldn't help you directly, but indirectly. I wouldn't mention in the ad about anything of a romantic nature. But the girls you meet and study with could help you, both when you are there and in the future if you strike up a friendship.

5. I don't think just going to the park would be that helpful. How useful this would be ties back into my number 2 idea though. Learn and practice dialogues about meeting a girl in the park. Learn how to ask how she is, ask for her number, ask her on a date, etc. Then I think hitting parks could work out.

6. What about trying to meet some families when you get there? They could help you, but the downside would be that it would be a process. In the long term, it would be beneficial. In the short term, it probably wouldn't be useful. But this could be a side-project, if your main goal isn't accomplished while you are there. I think that would be much better than going to bars and hoping for the best. I guess the culture is big on drinking, but I doubt using clubs in any country is a good way too meet or otherwise get introduced to women.
I agree with Ghost's 1 through 5.

I particularly like 2, 3 & 4.

Re number 4, there are 2 ways to take this:
(A) Go to language exchange sites in advice and search for cuties, begin conversing online via skype or whatever (USE those tech skills), then visit and continue in-person for a few times.
or
(B) Find a Spanish school. Ideally one that ALSO teaches English. Go every day for an actual daily 3 hour class every morning. Make it a point to insist on going out and lunch with some people afterwards (students, teachers, doesnt matter)and that will give you a built-in social circle. Practice at the table, and girls around you will become curious. Use folks at the school to be a wingman or wingwomen (not one) etc later in the evening too.

Re #6, bars, the high-class bars will have English-speaking men who will befriend you for an evening. Breaking past that to get them to include you in some social event where women are present is a tall order. I would leave this alone. UNLESS you see a cute young "mesera" (waitress), who might make friends with you if you and sat at the bar and practiced Spanish. She would be more likely to introduce you to a friend than the guys, in my very limited experience.
Im a mexican girl i have 19 years old so im telling you that your plans wont work, at first we never por almost never make The first move, we are not gonna search you unless you make the first move, de are kind of easy to understand we love romántic stuff like flowers, that you open The door and pay the dinner bill you also dont need to learn spanish where i leave all My friends speak english so i think that many women speaks english here lol, so My advice is that you aproach to a mexican girl smile and ask ver out for dinner just like that
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

sat wrote:...... or come to My city named puebla its also a beautiful city
Looks like Puebla does have some attractions...

https://www.google.com/search?q=puebla+ ... 73&bih=503

Thanks for the ideas, Sat!
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

Last edited by MattHanson1990 on February 24th, 2017, 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

I purchased my plane ticket. I will be in Queretaro from March 5th ~ 15th.
travelsouth
Freshman Poster

Post by travelsouth »

Have fun. There are plenty of good options in Mexico to visit. There is not one right answer, well there is the best answer to me which is DF (but I realize opinions will vary).

That being said the usual suspects work, the newspaper, online personals, and most importantly going out (can't meet people in your hotel room). Good luck.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

drealm wrote:I purchased my plane ticket. I will be in Queretaro from March 5th ~ 15th.
May your search be fruitful.
fightforlove
Junior Poster

Post by fightforlove »

Have you considered Guadalajara/Jalisco province? Great city center with colonial era architecture, large population with a good mix of attractive whites, mestizos, and castizos, and relatively low amount of tourists (for a city of it's size).
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

Last edited by MattHanson1990 on February 24th, 2017, 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.