Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Re: Cuba, the next Philippines?

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

i compared the first 2 pages of white foreigners to locals in jakarta vs manila and it look slike indonesia has more whtie guys there unless it wa a fluke. It looks like indonesia has a bunch of dorky english teachers or wannabe teachers or hippies or sex tourist. So maybe philippines is actually better as a ratio. I think in philippines more girls are actively looking for foreigner so that may outweigh there being more foreigners there. The pay is so bad in phil most guys are just retired or short term tourist but maybe in indo they are teachers like falcon.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

someone said that there is a loophole where you can go to cuba via canada and they have done it. maybe thats why its not that cheap cause there are already lots of sexpats visiting?
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on March 2nd, 2020, 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Ghost wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:someone said that there is a loophole where you can go to cuba via canada and they have done it. maybe thats why its not that cheap cause there are already lots of sexpats visiting?
There are, just not so many Americans. You do realize that Cuba is only closed to U.S. citizens, right? It is probably already spoiled in a way, just not by Americans yet.

yeah probably is cause they say its not cheap and how could it not be cheap if they are such a closed society? How could their economy be almost equal to russian in terms of prosperity? I think its cause mongers have already been putting money in there. Oh well i dont know spanish and the island is small so easily overrun so its probably not worth it. Ill stick with asia.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:someone said that there is a loophole where you can go to cuba via canada and they have done it. maybe thats why its not that cheap cause there are already lots of sexpats visiting?
As a US citizen, I believe you can also go from DR, Haiti, or maybe even Mexico or Jamaica and many other countries near and far. Even those short haul flights are pretty expensive though. And Cuba is not know for being a budget destination. When you arrive there, ask them not stamp your passport and make the same request on your way out.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Ghost wrote:
There are, just not so many Americans. You do realize that Cuba is only closed to U.S. citizens, right? It is probably already spoiled in a way, just not by Americans yet.
I don't think Cuba is closed to American citizens. It's just that by US law it illegal for US citizens to spend any money in Cuba without special permission. So if you have a Cuban stamp in your passport and it is discovered by US Immigration, it could cause you to be interrogated and perhaps punished. As far as I know, Cuba is totally fine letting in US tourists.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Thats a big risk if the guy just so happens to stamp your passport anyways.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

What does this mean about it being non-extradition? Certainly hope it gets closer to Russia than America. It's good to have non-extradition countries around.

Plus, there'd probably be all kinds of ball-breaking (or groping- let's be literal) security nonsense to get around- given the current climate. It could very easily turn into a situation where they start more & more shit about the border & having all kinds of checkpoints- just on the east coast, now. Another thing is immigration- who knows what kinds of problems Obama or whoever's after him would cause over that.

I don't mind the idea of going to Cuba much at all, but it could always wind up becoming more & more "culturally diabetic" like America is (at least at the moment, but it's been going on for a long time). Might work out better if I were to go there coming from Europe. More likely to not get any bullshit either way.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

on some other forum someone posted mongering pics of some black hoes in cuba, ugly. Seems like its already a mongering destination.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:Thats a big risk if the guy just so happens to stamp your passport anyways.
Easy fix. If that were to happen, when you enter the next country (say DR) just spend a couple days then report to US embassy that your passport was lost or stolen. They will probably issue you with a temporary one and have you apply for a new 10 year one. A bit of hassle and expense but no questions and problem solved.

Anyway, from all I've read, Cuba happily complies by not stamping USA passports because they are happy to get the extra tourist revenues.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Is Cuba part of North America, Central America, or South America? I wonder how island nations are classified.

Also, why did the US government hate Fidel Castro so much and try to assassinate him during the Kennedy era? When I see videos of Castro and his interviews, he seems very genuine, authentic and passionate with a lot of heart and soul. He's nowhere near as fake as US politicians. So why did the US government and CIA hate him so much and plot to kill him?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Winston wrote:Also, why did the US government hate Fidel Castro so much and try to assassinate him during the Kennedy era? When I see videos of Castro and his interviews, he seems very genuine, authentic and passionate with a lot of heart and soul. He's nowhere near as fake as US politicians. So why did the US government and CIA hate him so much and plot to kill him?
Um... because he could have started World War III? :roll:

Why are you such an admirer of homicidal dictators?
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

Hero wrote:
Winston wrote:Also, why did the US government hate Fidel Castro so much and try to assassinate him during the Kennedy era? When I see videos of Castro and his interviews, he seems very genuine, authentic and passionate with a lot of heart and soul. He's nowhere near as fake as US politicians. So why did the US government and CIA hate him so much and plot to kill him?

Good question...indicates no knowledge of how a totalitarian dictator comes to power and maintains power...primarily through terror...the arrest, torture and murder of many thousands of people...in many cases, Castro would be personally involved with killing someone if he felt especially aggrieved. Otherwise, his secret police would take care of it.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

OutWest wrote:Good question...indicates no knowledge of how a totalitarian dictator comes to power and maintains power...primarily through terror...the arrest, torture and murder of many thousands of people
How do you think any regime maintains its power?
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

OutWest wrote:
Hero wrote:

Good question...indicates no knowledge of how a totalitarian dictator comes to power and maintains power...primarily through terror...the arrest, torture and murder of many thousands of people...in many cases, Castro would be personally involved with killing someone if he felt especially aggrieved. Otherwise, his secret police would take care of it.

At least Castro never invaded noone compared to US politicians who preach democracy but are quite happy to support dictators if it suits their agenda(think Saudi Arabia). Why Castro is considered bad guy but Saudi ruling family is not? He is an angel in comparison

Im quite sure if Fidel allowed US bases on Cuba back in 60s there would be no issues with him no matter how many Cubans he kills.

Return to “Latin America, Mexico, Central America”