Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Valaparaiso? or too dangerous?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Valaparaiso? or too dangerous?

Postby zacb » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:40 pm

I have been bouncing back and forth between Chile and Colombia for where I want to live, and I came across Valaparaiso, which is colorful, is close to Santiago, has a low cost of living, and is by the water. My question though, is crime very high there, or is it no worse than New York, Grand Rapids, Tampa, etc. ? I mean it seems high, but does a little precaution help?
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
zacb
Experienced Poster

Re: Valaparaiso? or too dangerous?

Postby andresvivar » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:59 pm

Hola,

A chilean here. Yes, Valparaíso is quite enough dangerous for a foreigner I guess. I've watched sometimes some news related to thiefs mainly over there. Would be safer Viña del Mar or La Serena.

You can find very nice and safe places in the south of Chile such like Valdivia, Concepción, or Temuco. If you are missing and craving for beaches I really suggest you visit Villarrica, Pucon or Coñaripe (famous places with very nice and warm lakes). Also the landscapes are really wonderful since you are surrounded by uncountable forests and very nice sights decorated by volcanoes like Llaima and Villarrica for saying something.

PS: Yeah, I wanna live over there but I live in Santiago and I have a stable job. :roll:
andresvivar
Freshman Poster

Re: Valaparaiso? or too dangerous?

Postby zacb » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:10 am

Ok cool. I would love Santiago, but I do worry about the humidity getting to my girlfe and I. Personally I would like to be able to take a day trip to Santiago, but have cooler temperatures, and moderate crime rates. Between 57-78 degrees Fahrenheit would work. :). Any thoughts on that? I want warmer, as I am coming from Michigan, but not diamondback hot.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
zacb
Experienced Poster

Return to Latin America, Mexico, Central America