Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

How dangerous is Venezuela these days?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

How dangerous is Venezuela these days?

Postby MatureDJ » Thu May 21, 2015 3:52 pm

I was reading an article about how professional baseball clubs are ceasing their developmental camps - and even native Venezuela players are not going home - because of the crime situation.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/why-mlb-teams-are-fleeing-venezuela-1430751423

Of course, with all this turmoil, I'm sure the pickings for hot women there are damn good. :shock:
MatureDJ
Freshman Poster

Re: How dangerous is Venezuela these days?

Postby travelsouth » Thu May 21, 2015 4:12 pm

Let's both not find out how dangerous it is these days. With Colombia there is no reason to ever go there.
travelsouth
Freshman Poster

Postby chibolo » Thu May 21, 2015 4:14 pm

One of the most dangerous countries in Latin America, maybe even in the world (not counting war zones). I love Latin America and I don't mind going to relatively high crime countries like Peru or Ecuador, but I wouldn't go to Venezuela.
http://elpais.com/elpais/2014/12/31/inenglish/1420034489_152139.html
chibolo
Junior Poster

Postby Ghost » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:39 pm

The joke used to be this:

"Did you hear about the kidnapping?"

"No, what happened?"

"He woke up!"

Now, it's this:

"Did you hear about the kidnapping?"

"No, what happened?"

"He was Venezuelan."
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby xiongmao » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:56 pm

Venezuela and Ecuador are both extremely dangerous. Colombia - it's worth it for the women. Peru is maybe the safest South American country - I might check it out myself sometime.

If you like Spanish speaking chicas then Southern Spain is probably the best option.
In February 2013 I quit my boring job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then check out my free Asian dating site.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Postby chibolo » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:32 am

xiongmao wrote:Venezuela and Ecuador are both extremely dangerous. Colombia - it's worth it for the women. Peru is maybe the safest South American country - I might check it out myself sometime.

If you like Spanish speaking chicas then Southern Spain is probably the best option.

Ecuador is not as dangerous as Venezuela, not even close. In fact, according to this article it is now one of the safest countries in Latin America (Venezuela is the most dangerous):
http://www.gallup.com/poll/175082/latin-america-scores-lowest-security.aspx

Personally I got the impression that Peru and Ecuador are very similar when it comes to crime levels and many other things as well (culture, racial mix, etc.) (I lived in Peru and have been to Ecuador). They are NOT extremely dangerous, but they do have somewhat high crime levels (mostly robberies of all kinds). You are unlikely to get killed or seriously hurt there unless you do something very stupid, but you may get robbed if you are not careful and take precautions. I am pretty sure Colombia is similar as well.
chibolo
Junior Poster

Return to Latin America, Mexico, Central America