How dangerous is Venezuela these days?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
MatureDJ
Junior Poster

How dangerous is Venezuela these days?

Post by MatureDJ »

I was reading an article about how professional baseball clubs are ceasing their developmental camps - and even native Venezuela players are not going home - because of the crime situation.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/why-mlb-tea ... 1430751423

Of course, with all this turmoil, I'm sure the pickings for hot women there are damn good. :shock:
travelsouth
Freshman Poster

Re: How dangerous is Venezuela these days?

Post by travelsouth »

Let's both not find out how dangerous it is these days. With Colombia there is no reason to ever go there.
chibolo
Junior Poster

Post by chibolo »

One of the most dangerous countries in Latin America, maybe even in the world (not counting war zones). I love Latin America and I don't mind going to relatively high crime countries like Peru or Ecuador, but I wouldn't go to Venezuela.
http://elpais.com/elpais/2014/12/31/ine ... 52139.html
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 14th, 2020, 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Venezuela and Ecuador are both extremely dangerous. Colombia - it's worth it for the women. Peru is maybe the safest South American country - I might check it out myself sometime.

If you like Spanish speaking chicas then Southern Spain is probably the best option.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
chibolo
Junior Poster

Post by chibolo »

xiongmao wrote:Venezuela and Ecuador are both extremely dangerous. Colombia - it's worth it for the women. Peru is maybe the safest South American country - I might check it out myself sometime.

If you like Spanish speaking chicas then Southern Spain is probably the best option.
Ecuador is not as dangerous as Venezuela, not even close. In fact, according to this article it is now one of the safest countries in Latin America (Venezuela is the most dangerous):
http://www.gallup.com/poll/175082/latin ... urity.aspx

Personally I got the impression that Peru and Ecuador are very similar when it comes to crime levels and many other things as well (culture, racial mix, etc.) (I lived in Peru and have been to Ecuador). They are NOT extremely dangerous, but they do have somewhat high crime levels (mostly robberies of all kinds). You are unlikely to get killed or seriously hurt there unless you do something very stupid, but you may get robbed if you are not careful and take precautions. I am pretty sure Colombia is similar as well.