Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Colombian culture really isn't that great

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Colombian culture really isn't that great

Postby sentinel89 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:24 pm

I've noticed some people posting on here about how warm and friendly Colombian people are and how they are so much more sociable and genuine than people in the U.S., but that is incredibly far from the truth.

-Colombians will waste your time. They are not punctual. Showing up 3 hours late is not uncommon for them. Sometimes they will fail to show up altogether without even attempting to communicate with you. This not only goes for business, but for dates as well. I'm not one to be a stickler about someone arriving a few minutes late, but this is just absurd. It's another reason why Colombia's economy will never be very good. Who wants to invest in a place where people are too lazy to get their butts out of bed and go to work?

-Colombians are not any more friendly than people in the U.S. In fact, small town southerners are FAR more friendly than average Colombians. Go to any small town west (Appalachian) North Carolina, and count how many times you are invited to dinner. It's very easy to strike up conversation and make friends in the south. Colombia really isn't any more friendly than Boston or New York. Many people think New Yorkers are unfriendly because they don't understand the culture in New York. People in New York will be shouting obscenities at each other one moment and in the next the same people will be high-fiving and having fun. If you have thick skin, you'll find New Yorkers are actually very friendly. People in Colombia won't really go out of their way to speak to you, and many of them hate foreigners for no reason. Every now and then you'll hear one of them shout "go home! go back to your country! (in English!)"

-Colombians have no sense of courtesy. The transmilenio in Bogota is exemplary of this. People push and jump in front of others like there is no tomorrow. People who are boarding the bus don't even wait or step back to let departing passengers off. They try to get on the bus at the same time others are getting off and it ALWAYS ends up in a stalemate: nobody moves anywhere. It would be much more efficient if people had courtesy for one another. I've been on many major U.S. public transportation systems, and there are NONE that are this bad.

-Colombia has to be the most promiscuous culture on the planet. Colombian girls f**k like rabbits. They will f**k you like they're Jenna Jameson. You can tell they have a ton of experience when they're giving you a blowjob... and they are SO FREAKING EASY TO LAY! If you need Roosh's book to get laid in Colombia, you have some issues. Also, a motel is not a word for a local, family owned hotel in Colombia like it is in the U.S. A motel is for having sex. You don't even get a key to the room. You just go there and bang your slutty little Colombian woman and leave. They have little rotating windows that allow you to exchange money for drinks without the motel employees seeing you naked. There may be something like this in the U.S., but it is nowhere near as common. I'm all for a good time, but a culture that is completely centered around self gratification is not healthy.

So there you have it. I'm sure I could go on but don't feel like it now..
sentinel89
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 290
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:56 pm







Re: Colombian culture really isn't that great

Postby Johnny1975 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:50 pm

Everyone is promiscuous. It makes me sick. Maybe Saudi Arabia is the way to go.
***** Join my forum for entrepreneurs and aspiring entrepreneurs : *****

http://inspiredentrepreneur.forumotion.com/

And while you're at it...

*** Buy my motherf***ing book NOW!!!!! *** -----> http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K5ZHTCW

DO IT!
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1327
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:07 pm

Re: Colombian culture really isn't that great

Postby sentinel89 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:58 pm

Johnny1975 wrote:Everyone is promiscuous. It makes me sick. Maybe Saudi Arabia is the way to go.


You know, with the direction the rest of the world is headed, sometimes it kind of makes you think that, doesn't it? I actually entertained the thought of moving to Saudi Arabia and converting.
sentinel89
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 290
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:56 pm

Re: Colombian culture really isn't that great

Postby ladislav » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:32 pm

I actually found Saudi Arabia a very pleasant place to live as long as you take regular vacations. Just stay out of Riyadh and you should be OK. Riyadh is a grey, hot and boring city ala Newark. Jeddah, Dammam, Abha are way more pleasant.

Once an American converts, he is ( it is anecdotal) presented with a list of Saudi women who want to marry him.

If you are a Muslim, your life in Saudi may even be better than in the US as you will pretty much have everything. The problem is citizenship/residency. You may have problems staying there long term after 60- 65. Even with a wife.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 3578
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:30 pm

Re: Colombian culture really isn't that great

Postby BlackKnight » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:06 pm

sentinel89 wrote:I've noticed some people posting on here about how warm and friendly Colombian people are and how they are so much more sociable and genuine than people in the U.S., but that is incredibly far from the truth.

-Colombians will waste your time. They are not punctual. Showing up 3 hours late is not uncommon for them. Sometimes they will fail to show up altogether without even attempting to communicate with you. This not only goes for business, but for dates as well. I'm not one to be a stickler about someone arriving a few minutes late, but this is just absurd. It's another reason why Colombia's economy will never be very good. Who wants to invest in a place where people are too lazy to get their butts out of bed and go to work?

-Colombians are not any more friendly than people in the U.S. In fact, small town southerners are FAR more friendly than average Colombians. Go to any small town west (Appalachian) North Carolina, and count how many times you are invited to dinner. It's very easy to strike up conversation and make friends in the south. Colombia really isn't any more friendly than Boston or New York. Many people think New Yorkers are unfriendly because they don't understand the culture in New York. People in New York will be shouting obscenities at each other one moment and in the next the same people will be high-fiving and having fun. If you have thick skin, you'll find New Yorkers are actually very friendly. People in Colombia won't really go out of their way to speak to you, and many of them hate foreigners for no reason. Every now and then you'll hear one of them shout "go home! go back to your country! (in English!)"

-Colombians have no sense of courtesy. The transmilenio in Bogota is exemplary of this. People push and jump in front of others like there is no tomorrow. People who are boarding the bus don't even wait or step back to let departing passengers off. They try to get on the bus at the same time others are getting off and it ALWAYS ends up in a stalemate: nobody moves anywhere. It would be much more efficient if people had courtesy for one another. I've been on many major U.S. public transportation systems, and there are NONE that are this bad.

-Colombia has to be the most promiscuous culture on the planet. Colombian girls f**k like rabbits. They will f**k you like they're Jenna Jameson. You can tell they have a ton of experience when they're giving you a blowjob... and they are SO FREAKING EASY TO LAY! If you need Roosh's book to get laid in Colombia, you have some issues. Also, a motel is not a word for a local, family owned hotel in Colombia like it is in the U.S. A motel is for having sex. You don't even get a key to the room. You just go there and bang your slutty little Colombian woman and leave. They have little rotating windows that allow you to exchange money for drinks without the motel employees seeing you naked. There may be something like this in the U.S., but it is nowhere near as common. I'm all for a good time, but a culture that is completely centered around self gratification is not healthy.

So there you have it. I'm sure I could go on but don't feel like it now..


Bingo!
BlackKnight
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 505
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:04 am

Re: Colombian culture really isn't that great

Postby travelsouth » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:18 am

Wow, they are trying to fit twice as many people as they should on the public transport and still haven't built a subway. Give them a break on that, it's smokey hell.

Punctuality is a problem everywhere in Latin America. somebody just had a bad time in Bogota. It's a good place to fish though.
travelsouth
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 397
Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:20 pm

Re: Colombian culture really isn't that great

Postby sentinel89 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:42 pm

I haven't had a bad time. Colombia is great if you love slutty women.
sentinel89
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 290
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:56 pm

Re: Colombian culture really isn't that great

Postby traveller » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:14 am

Johnny1975 wrote:Everyone is promiscuous. It makes me sick. Maybe Saudi Arabia is the way to go.


But Saudi Arabia has practically no freedoms, only restrictions.

In Saudi Arabia, everyone has to be totally covered from head to toe even when it's 120 degrees outside, women are totally forbidden to drive at all even when they are 35 and older, and singles are separated from everyone of the opposite gender.

Plus, I hear that Saudis hate Christianity! And any country where the government especially doesn't like Christianity will easily persecute Christians, especially those who worship Jesus Christ instead of "Allah" or whoever.
traveller
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 362
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:11 pm
Location: Fort Myers, FL

Re: Colombian culture really isn't that great

Postby Tapatio89 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:38 am

sentinel89 wrote:I've noticed some people posting on here about how warm and friendly Colombian people are and how they are so much more sociable and genuine than people in the U.S., but that is incredibly far from the truth.

-Colombians will waste your time. They are not punctual. Showing up 3 hours late is not uncommon for them. Sometimes they will fail to show up altogether without even attempting to communicate with you. This not only goes for business, but for dates as well. I'm not one to be a stickler about someone arriving a few minutes late, but this is just absurd. It's another reason why Colombia's economy will never be very good. Who wants to invest in a place where people are too lazy to get their butts out of bed and go to work?

-Colombians are not any more friendly than people in the U.S. In fact, small town southerners are FAR more friendly than average Colombians. Go to any small town west (Appalachian) North Carolina, and count how many times you are invited to dinner. It's very easy to strike up conversation and make friends in the south. Colombia really isn't any more friendly than Boston or New York. Many people think New Yorkers are unfriendly because they don't understand the culture in New York. People in New York will be shouting obscenities at each other one moment and in the next the same people will be high-fiving and having fun. If you have thick skin, you'll find New Yorkers are actually very friendly. People in Colombia won't really go out of their way to speak to you, and many of them hate foreigners for no reason. Every now and then you'll hear one of them shout "go home! go back to your country! (in English!)"

-Colombians have no sense of courtesy. The transmilenio in Bogota is exemplary of this. People push and jump in front of others like there is no tomorrow. People who are boarding the bus don't even wait or step back to let departing passengers off. They try to get on the bus at the same time others are getting off and it ALWAYS ends up in a stalemate: nobody moves anywhere. It would be much more efficient if people had courtesy for one another. I've been on many major U.S. public transportation systems, and there are NONE that are this bad.

-Colombia has to be the most promiscuous culture on the planet. Colombian girls f**k like rabbits. They will f**k you like they're Jenna Jameson. You can tell they have a ton of experience when they're giving you a blowjob... and they are SO FREAKING EASY TO LAY! If you need Roosh's book to get laid in Colombia, you have some issues. Also, a motel is not a word for a local, family owned hotel in Colombia like it is in the U.S. A motel is for having sex. You don't even get a key to the room. You just go there and bang your slutty little Colombian woman and leave. They have little rotating windows that allow you to exchange money for drinks without the motel employees seeing you naked. There may be something like this in the U.S., but it is nowhere near as common. I'm all for a good time, but a culture that is completely centered around self gratification is not healthy.

So there you have it. I'm sure I could go on but don't feel like it now..


All of this can be applied to most if not all of Latin America.

I live in Mexico, and all of these aspects with the exception that Mexicans we are less promiscuos than Colombians are (Colombians also have that reputation here in Mexico). The metro and the buses and micro buses (I call the latter crappy buses because they are so f***ing old, like 1970´s at the earliest). My wife and I hate that most people here in Mexico are completetly uncivilzed of not moving when you tell them politely to move so you can get out of metro or bus. Rather, these f***ing inept savages push one another and only understand in the most primitive ways. I also hate when these people walk so f***ing slow in the street to the point like they own the street, whilst I have to go to work and be on time instead of being a lazy bum.

The punctuality issue is also a BIG problem for me. For a Latino, I am almost all the time punctual, but my f***ing people really should learn to respect the time of others and that the world does not revolve around them. It is simple ethics and common sense, two qualities Latin people often lack.

As for the friendliness, Latin cultures are phony cultures most of the time. Although I dress stylish and personally I like it, I am also honest, reliable, ethical, and direct, but most Latinos based everything on appearances rather than more deep things. Perhaps this is the MOST important reason why I choose my Japanese wife over a Latina. My Japanese wife is tall, beautiful and femenine, but she is also reliable, ambitious, intelligent,honest, and practical, qualities that I almost never find in Latina women and for me are VERY important in a woman. I do not like to wear stupid masks in a relationship, then I want to ask other Latins, what is the point of being in a relationship if most of you are phony and wear masks just for the lame excuse of being insecure and not appearing "weak". The truth is that deep inside, they are weak people most of them. And the upper class of Latin America for me they might be good looking and dress elegant and have money, but they are equally as low class as the lower classes in mentality, ethics though more discreet to some extent at showing it. Also, Latinos are the most envious people I have ever met. All my enemies both in high school and work have been almost all the time other Latinos because they hate a lot to see me being successful, ambitious, and ethical and have this ridiculous inferiority complex all the time. I also hate that they are dishonest most of them and have the herd mentality.

But the number one that I hate the most is THEY COMPLAIN LIKE LITTLE GIRLS ABOUT THE ILLS OF SOCIETY, BUT THEY DO NOT WANT TO DO NOTHING TO CHANGE IT AND IF YOU GIVE A CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM, THEY GET ALL SENSITIVE AND AGRESSIVE INSTEAD OF REASONING LIKE HUMAN BEINGS!!!!! I mean, come on, Latinos fear the truth and live on inept and unreasonable idealisms. My goal in life someday is to improve my country´s society, and show them if I can do it, they also can. Sure, it is very hard, but I am ready for the challenge. The men here think that having multiple women make them manly. Pathetic, real men offer great quality to make a woman happy and that is being faithful. Latino men (the macho ones) deep inside they are weak like little boys because that is what they are, pathetic teenage boys. No wonder foreign women see Latin men as good for casual relationship but avoid them for marriage or serious relationship. In that regard, foreign women are more intelligent than average Latina women when choosing a man.

And lastly, thank goodness I am not typical Latino person and I am more the exception than the rule. I am proud to be different from those inept people.
User avatar
Tapatio89
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 418
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:11 pm
Location: Mexico City

Re: Colombian culture really isn't that great

Postby fschmidt » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:20 am

Tapatio89 wrote:All of this can be applied to most if not all of Latin America.

All of this can be applied to most if not all of the world. It is simply decadent culture and the world is getting decadent. This is even happening gradually to Japan which was one of the world's least decadent cultures.

I should add one difference between Mexicans and Americans. Both are worthless and immoral, but deep down the Mexican knows this while the American actually believes that he is God's gift to humanity and so he is self-righteous about his own immorality.
Following the Old Testament, not evil modern culture
fschmidt
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2118
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 8:16 am
Location: El Paso, TX

Re: Colombian culture really isn't that great

Postby Tapatio89 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:34 pm

fschmidt wrote:
Tapatio89 wrote:All of this can be applied to most if not all of Latin America.

All of this can be applied to most if not all of the world. It is simply decadent culture and the world is getting decadent. This is even happening gradually to Japan which was one of the world's least decadent cultures.

I should add one difference between Mexicans and Americans. Both are worthless and immoral, but deep down the Mexican knows this while the American actually believes that he is God's gift to humanity and so he is self-righteous about his own immorality.


Wonderful point of view that you have, mate.

Well, Mexican people tend to be cynical/pessimistic and many Mexicans acknowledge/admit Mexican people are cynical, whilst American tend to be more hypocritical even though they tend to deny it.

Which one is worse, very hard to tell as I think both are equally bad.
User avatar
Tapatio89
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 418
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:11 pm
Location: Mexico City


Return to Latin America, Mexico, Central America

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests