Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Do you have to be a tuff guy to get chicks in SA?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Re: Do you have to be a tuff guy to get chicks in SA?

Postby chibolo » Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:10 pm

Wolfeye wrote:Peru has all kinds of mountains, right? That sounds interesting. Would you mind telling me more about it? I know you can't cover every eventuality, but I'd appreciate it if you got into some more detail.

Ok, here are some details on Peru: the country, food and also the people and women.

Peru is a very diverse country. It has three main regions: the coast ("costa"), which is mainly desert, the highlands/Andes ("sierra") and the jungle/Amazon ("selva"). Most of the bigger cities (like Lima, the capital) are located on the coast. I lived in a city called Trujillo, in the north of the country. Most tourists visit the south: the Ballesta islands, Nazca, the Colca Canyon, Arequipa, Lake Titicaca and of course Cusco and Machu Picchu. Northern Peru also has some tourism, mainly for its beaches and surfing spots. Popular beach towns in the north are Huanchaco and Máncora.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiNcuQjN9LI[/youtube]

Lima is also worth visiting. It is a huge city and many areas are not that nice, but it has some very modern and attractive areas as well. Best and safest neighborhoods in Lima are Miraflores (most tourists stay here), Barranco and San Isidro.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU3PVpWrOdU[/youtube]

Another reason to visit Peru is the food, which is considered by many to be the best in South-America. The country has actually won several awards for its cuisine. The most popular Peruvian dish is called "ceviche" which is fish marinated in lime juice, herbs and chili peppers (called "aji" Peru) (very tasty).

Most Peruvians are either mestizo (a mix of amerindian/indigenous and European) or pure indigenous (especially in Southern-Peru). There are white people too, but they are relatively rare (about 5% or so of the population). There are also some black people and Asians (Japanese and Chinese) in Peru, but not many (maybe 1% of the population).

Here are some random pictures of Peruvian mestiza women to give you an idea of what they look like (I am not going to post the absolute hottest Peruvian models, just regular cute girls that you would see walking around):

Like I said before if you are a white guy with blue or green eyes you will get some bonus points with many Peruanas (not all), but don't expect the women to throw themselves at you.
Last edited by chibolo on Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
chibolo
Junior Poster

Postby E Irizarry R&B Singer » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:43 pm

Falcon wrote:You don't need to be tough, but it's best not to be effeminate in Latin America. Put some gel on well-cut hair, maybe have a bit of neatly trimmed facial hair, be sociable and don't be shy at all. But no need to overdo it. The average decent Latina won't like brutes or cholos with tattoos and ripped muscles.

I had absolutely no trouble getting Latinas as a non-effeminate Asian-American guy, but I have more trouble getting mainstream urban NE Asian women. Many Taiwanese, Japanese, and South Korean girls will prefer effeminate guys with boy band looks. More effeminate guys might do very well there, but not me.

As much as I have bitched and complained about Distrito Federal (Mexico City), I will say that I did rock it out in Cd. Juarez by getting the indigenous women's numbers. I had one stare at me, and then I accosted her kicking the "Willie Bobo" spiel game at her alas acquiring her number. They like me a lot more than the mestizas, negras, or the blanquita Mexicans.
It's time to expatriate to evade your fate; it's time to expatriate before the barn door permanently closes on "US" sheep.
Debut mixtape "The Skilled Neophyte of RNB (x64)" dropping Spring 2016 - Follow me on Twitter @eirizarryRNB
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Veteran Poster

Postby Tapatio89 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:45 pm

chibolo wrote:Depends on the girl, but in my experience many latinas like guys who aren't too "machista". A lot of the men in Latin America (not all obviously) cheat, hit their women, are extremely controlling, etc. Many latinas believe that "gringos" are different and that is one of the reasons why they like us. It obviously depends on the girl (and maybe also the country, Latin America is very diverse) but, no, you don't need to be a macho asshole to get a girl in LA/SA.

True that most Latino men cheat, but I am more the exception than the rule as I am not interested in cheating on my wife, and here in Mexico, when they see me with my foreigner wife, the Mexican girls get jealous because I chose a foreign girl/Japanese instead of a Mexican girl as most Mexican girls do not like it when a Mexican man is with a foreign woman. Actually, often women here get aggressive towards me when I am alone or in my job than the opposite as I am rather serious and shy and for them, I am not typical of most men here :mrgreen:

You do not have to be tough guy in the American way. Rather, they prefer more like extroverted type of men. I am rather introverted and reserved.

But gringos equally cheat. It is just how gringos cheat is different from how Latinos cheat.

Latinos cheat in a cynical/shameless manner as it is tolerated in this society. Gringos and Asians (from what my wife have told me about Japanese men) are more discreet/calculating when they cheat on their wives as in those societies, infidelity is not tolerated/looked down and feelings are repressed often. I have observed that from American men, since, after all, I used to live in the US for 14 years, so I know very well how Americans think and are as a culture/society.
Tapatio89
Freshman Poster

Postby chibolo » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:11 pm

Tapatio89 wrote:Latinos cheat in a cynical/shameless manner as it is tolerated in this society.

Yeah, I agree, it is more accepted in latin countries for men to cheat (it is even kind of expected). It is just seen as something that is part of being a man. Yes, gringos/foreigners cheat too of course, it is just that in some Latin American countries foreigners/gringos have a reputation for being more faithful on average (true or not) and less "machista" and that can be an advantage with some women (not all obviously). At least that was my experience in Peru.
chibolo
Junior Poster

Postby Tapatio89 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:46 pm

chibolo wrote:
Tapatio89 wrote:Latinos cheat in a cynical/shameless manner as it is tolerated in this society.

Yeah, I agree, it is more accepted in latin countries for men to cheat (it is even kind of expected). It is just seen as something that is part of being a man. Yes, gringos/foreigners cheat too of course, it is just that in some Latin American countries foreigners/gringos have a reputation for being more faithful on average (true or not) and less "machista" and that can be an advantage with some women (not all obviously). At least that was my experience in Peru.

Yes, Latinos and Mediterranean people (Spanish, Italians, Greeks) cheat more cynically/shamelessly and to a degree like you said, it is kind of expected. I am Latino, and the few Latin girls I have dated I have confused them in my personality as they noticed I do not look at other women or flirt with them in front of them or now on my wife.

Many women in Latin America have those views about gringos or foreign men because they based everything from what they see on American and European movies or if the Latina likes Asian men, from Anime or Korean/Asian doramas. But reality is very different from what you see in those idealized shows on television or movies. Also, most people in Latin America have not traveled abroad often as North Americans, Europeans or Japanese people tend to do, thus making them have a limited view about other countries.
Tapatio89
Freshman Poster

Postby Adama » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:39 pm

The thing about men cheating though, is that unless they are all having sex with sex workers, they are in fact probably having sex with another man's woman. You can't say the men are cheating, yet not really believe the women aren't also cheaters, with the exception of a few "kept" women. And I would bet that many of those women are sleeping with multiple men, but because the men are not always around, they each believe they are the only one cheating with her. It is nice to think women are innocent. I think they just use more stealth and refuse to admit fault.
Look for women who automatically want to please you because it pleases them. Any woman who seeks to please her man is a treasure. Even better if you don't have to ask but rather suggest.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Tapatio89 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:50 pm

Adama wrote:The thing about men cheating though, is that unless they are all having sex with sex workers, they are in fact probably having sex with another man's woman. You can't say the men are cheating, yet not really believe the women aren't also cheaters, with the exception of a few "kept" women. And I would bet that many of those women are sleeping with multiple men, but because the men are not always around, they each believe they are the only one cheating with her. It is nice to think women are innocent. I think they just use more stealth and refuse to admit fault.

I agree. Women tend to be more discreet at cheating in comparison to men on average. But true, most men think that they can fool women easily, but I think even though I am a man, women are more intuitive on average.
Tapatio89
Freshman Poster

Postby E Irizarry R&B Singer » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:39 pm

chibolo wrote:
Wolfeye wrote:Peru has all kinds of mountains, right? That sounds interesting. Would you mind telling me more about it? I know you can't cover every eventuality, but I'd appreciate it if you got into some more detail.

Ok, here are some details on Peru: the country, food and also the people and women.

Peru is a very diverse country. It has three main regions: the coast ("costa"), which is mainly desert, the highlands/Andes ("sierra") and the jungle/Amazon ("selva"). Most of the bigger cities (like Lima, the capital) are located on the coast. I lived in a city called Trujillo, in the north of the country. Most tourists visit the south: the Ballesta islands, Nazca, the Colca Canyon, Arequipa, Lake Titicaca and of course Cusco and Machu Picchu. Northern Peru also has some tourism, mainly for its beaches and surfing spots. Popular beach towns in the north are Huanchaco and Máncora.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiNcuQjN9LI[/youtube]

Lima is also worth visiting. It is a huge city and many areas are not that nice, but it has some very modern and attractive areas as well. Best and safest neighborhoods in Lima are Miraflores (most tourists stay here), Barranco and San Isidro.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU3PVpWrOdU[/youtube]

Another reason to visit Peru is the food, which is considered by many to be the best in South-America. The country has actually won several awards for its cuisine. The most popular Peruvian dish is called "ceviche" which is fish marinated in lime juice, herbs and chili peppers (called "aji" Peru) (very tasty).

Most Peruvians are either mestizo (a mix of amerindian/indigenous and European) or pure indigenous (especially in Southern-Peru). There are white people too, but they are relatively rare (about 5% or so of the population). There are also some black people and Asians (Japanese and Chinese) in Peru, but not many (maybe 1% of the population).

Here are some random pictures of Peruvian mestiza women to give you an idea of what they look like (I am not going to post the absolute hottest Peruvian models, just regular cute girls that you would see walking around):

Like I said before if you are a white guy with blue or green eyes you will get some bonus points with many Peruanas (not all), but don't expect the women to throw themselves at you.

I hate Trujillo. That's the worst Peruvian city I have ever stayed in. ONe of the reasons why I loathe it so much is because I met this one Peruvian woman....oh goodness, she had one of the tighest shapes I've seen on a Peruvian woman ever and she was middle-aged. I tried to speak to her in English and in Spanish, she literally said no word to as I walked her to work while she was trying to avoid being seen with me.

I had explained this to a Peruvian guy whom worked at a chicken joint in downtown Trujillo that saw some of it, and he told me in Spanish, "Pues ella creia que ud. era un alcahuate africano!" (She thought that I was a guy from Africa that wanted to be her pimp.) That shit had me hot when he said that. Oh how bigoted Peru is. This woman was fine as hell, too (on the outside only). She had a Brazilian woman shape on a Peruvian body. I'm light skinned like Quincy Brown, Al B. Sure!'s son. Source: Image how the f**k can I be from Africa and she was a mocha brown!!!! I'm beige!!!!

Now I see why ContrarianExpatriate agrees with me how Peru is a very bigoted country.
It's time to expatriate to evade your fate; it's time to expatriate before the barn door permanently closes on "US" sheep.
Debut mixtape "The Skilled Neophyte of RNB (x64)" dropping Spring 2016 - Follow me on Twitter @eirizarryRNB
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Veteran Poster

Previous

Return to Latin America, Mexico, Central America