Colombian Cupid > Tinder

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
mahadeveshwara
Freshman Poster

Re: Colombian Cupid > Tinder

Post by mahadeveshwara »

sentinel89 wrote:
mahadeveshwara wrote:In Latin America it's rather easy to meet people, especially for locals. So it's not like everyone is on online dating like in the US.
If you don't speak fluent Spanish, forget about it.
I'm fluent in Spanish when I'm drinking 8)
fightforlove
Junior Poster

Post by fightforlove »

I poked around on Tinder in a few cities in the United States just for kicks.

Chicago - mostly a mix of black hood rats, hispanic hood rats, washed out Germanic looking girls and other plain jane midwestern girls, some weird asian girls, lots of artsy fartsy types with ugly tattoos and weird hair, girls holding alcoholic beverages in their hands. 5-10% swipe right rate. Also scanned Chicago on Badoo, won an award for pickiest person of the week.

Miami - even worse!! Tons of black girls with ratchet poses, ho-hum blonde white girls, trashy looking hispanics with tattoos, more artsy types. Less than 5% swipe right rate.

I think I was swiping right at a 25-40% rate in Mexican cities and Santiago, Chile.
nomadphilippines
Freshman Poster

Post by nomadphilippines »

this is pretty much the case everywhere i have been too, even in the philippines where online dating couldnt be any easier tinder is the worst option

far to many girls hop on there for attention and to kill time at work or when lying in bed home alone listening to music, can you get laid using it? sure, but it is a very inefficient use of your time
avid follower of site about travel and girls https://guysnightlife.com
CannedHam
Freshman Poster

Post by CannedHam »

fightforlove wrote:I had a free trial subscription to Colombian Cupid, wasn't terribly impressed. Recently, I got Tinder Passport and started swiping in different areas. I'm still not super impressed with Bogota, Medellin... There were better looking girls in Mexico and Chile on Tinder.

Haven't hit the pavement there myself, but I'm beginning to sense that Colombia is overrated. Roosh V and lots of PUA types on his RVF board hype the hell out of Colombia. I think they like it because it's a player's paradise: loose women, sexually liberated culture, compact cities with good logistics, and very affordable. A lot of butter faces down there: busty/curvy bodies, but average faces, or just strange/exotic looks that I'm not accustomed to. A good amount of mullatos/African blood as well. I'm into white or white-amerindian mestizos with pretty faces. Various cities in Mexico had cute mestizo girls in spades, Mexico DF has amazing quantity. I also swiped in Santiago de Chile, wow!! Why have we not heard much about Chile? I guess my tastes are different..
I agree Colombia is good, but overrated.

I've spent a good amount of time in Chile (our company has an office in Santiago), and while there are lots of decent/good-looking Chilenas, I can't say I'm a huge fan of them as long-term partners. They are way too in-your-face, intrusive (metiche), easily offended, and uptight for me. I do, however, think Chile is a great country to live in if you're ever looking to move out of the US. As for why it's not that popular, I'd be willing to bet it's a mix of:
  • Location - It's a long-ass trip with limited, very expensive, flight options from the US
  • Cost - Santiago is not a cheap city to live in or even visit. Other, smaller cities, are more reasonable
  • "Sexiness" - Chile is just not known for being an exciting, hopping place like Brazil, Colombia, Peru etc.
  • Women - While I think there are lots of good-looking women there, I could see how many guys would find them very "plain" compared to other South American women.