Why teaching English is probably the only option for most

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
sentinel89
Freshman Poster

Re: Why teaching English is probably the only option for mos

Post by sentinel89 »

Hero wrote:
sentinel89 wrote:
Hero wrote:
sentinel89 wrote:Hero, I'd strongly recommend getting a CELTA instead of a generic TEFL course. While in 90% of jobs it won't matter, there are some jobs that will strongly prefer CELTA over TEFL, but there are no jobs that prefer TEFL over CELTA.
I think that you need a letter of recommendation to get into CELTA, and I don't know who could write me one.
I wasn't aware of that. But if that is the case, dude, just get anyone to write it. Who cares? They probably don't even look at it.
OK, Sentinel. You can write me a letter :P

But seriously, when I was applying to graduate schools, letters of recommendation were the MOST important factor in deciding admission.
Applying for a CELTA program is very different from applying to a graduate school.. But uhh, what in the heck kind of graduate schools are you applying to? Based on my research of MBA programs, the ONLY thing that schools care about is GMAT score and GPA. Those are the only factors that are used to compare them with other schools. The letters of recommendation are just a check-in-box requirement.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

sentinel89 wrote: Applying for a CELTA program is very different from applying to a graduate school.. But uhh, what in the heck kind of graduate schools are you applying to? Based on my research of MBA programs, the ONLY thing that schools care about is GMAT score and GPA. Those are the only factors that are used to compare them with other schools. The letters of recommendation are just a check-in-box requirement.
I applied to graduate schools in math, engineering and statistics. But maybe CELTA is different.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Hero wrote:
sentinel89 wrote: Applying for a CELTA program is very different from applying to a graduate school.. But uhh, what in the heck kind of graduate schools are you applying to? Based on my research of MBA programs, the ONLY thing that schools care about is GMAT score and GPA. Those are the only factors that are used to compare them with other schools. The letters of recommendation are just a check-in-box requirement.
I applied to graduate schools in math, engineering and statistics. But maybe CELTA is different.
I only had to do a pre-course assignment. I imagine it is the same everywhere.
nomadphilippines
Freshman Poster

Post by nomadphilippines »

work online
avid follower of site about travel and girls https://guysnightlife.com