Why teaching English is probably the only option for most

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Why teaching English is probably the only option for mos

Post by Cornfed »

travelsouth wrote:
Cornfed wrote:
travelsouth wrote:I'm not justifying the decisions and selection of American women, I'm just saying they have the right to make those selections.
Really, why?
When you have a daughter and some guy ignores her right to decide... I wonder who you will side with.
She would have no such right. In would be my right to decide that would be important.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

Cornfed wrote:
travelsouth wrote:
Cornfed wrote:
travelsouth wrote:I'm not justifying the decisions and selection of American women, I'm just saying they have the right to make those selections.
Really, why?
When you have a daughter and some guy ignores her right to decide... I wonder who you will side with.
She would have no such right. In would be my right to decide that would be important.
What are the chances of you procreating? Fat midgets aren't exactly beating away women with a stick.

Your own women don't want you, genetic waste whose DNA will soon be dust in the wind. 8)
Eightfold Path
Freshman Poster

Post by Eightfold Path »

yick wrote:
Cornfed wrote:
travelsouth wrote:
Cornfed wrote:
Really, why?
What are the chances of you procreating? Fat midgets aren't exactly beating away women with a stick.

Your own women don't want you, genetic waste whose DNA will soon be dust in the wind. 8)
He seeks to control his child like some kind of robot, yet I'M the troll. Go figure, huh?
mahadeveshwara
Freshman Poster

Post by mahadeveshwara »

Eightfold Path wrote:
yick wrote:When I came to this forum, I thought this is what the 'Happier Abroad' movement was all about, but from the majority of the posts here, most of the kids on here seem preoccupied with not getting laid. I have been abroad for long periods of time and not gotten laid and been quite happy.

Though I'll never date another woman from my country again, that is because I am happy where I am and intend to be there long term. I also find learning the language helps with talking to and ultimately dating women. From what I read, the chaps on here go to places like Colombia, Mexico and Taiwan and wonder why their 'PUA skills' are not up to scratch when they are trying to pick up local women with a foreign language. :roll:
That's why I rarely post in public and privately message people instead. I'm honestly surprised but then not at the same time when I think about how this site lasted as long as it did. First, Peter came around with his lunacy, then obdo with his hatred and bile. Now we have fundamentalists and MGTOW who need a book of fairy tales to get women or blame the government for their hand in life. How many of the members here have actually left their homelands? I bet I can count them on one hand and still have fingers left.

The language bit is also common sense. It's funny though. These gents here say western culture is so toxic, and they fail to realise that women who speak English in these other countries are on their way to westernisation. I don't blame you for taking a hiatus from this community. May I ask where you are now?
Right Speech is the third of the eight path factors in the Noble Eightfold Path, and belongs to the virtue division of the path.

The definition

"And what is right speech? Abstaining from lying, from divisive speech, from abusive speech, & from idle chatter: This is called right speech."

— SN 45.8

http://www.accesstoinsight.org/ptf/dham ... amma-vaca/
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Eightfold Path wrote:Wow. You really aren't very bright for an atheist. That was clearly a joke. Me making fun of the board's fundamentalists.
Sorry, but a troll like you who is talking about Jews, and claiming to be a Buddhist is a joke for itself.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

mahadeveshwara wrote: Right Speech is the third of the eight path factors in the Noble Eightfold Path, and belongs to the virtue division of the path.
The definition
"And what is right speech? Abstaining from lying, from divisive speech, from abusive speech, & from idle chatter: This is called right speech."

— SN 45.8
http://wrww.accesstoinsight.org/ptf/dha ... amma-vaca/
+1
Elegant and appropriate
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Eightfold Path
Freshman Poster

Post by Eightfold Path »

Yohan wrote:
Eightfold Path wrote:Wow. You really aren't very bright for an atheist. That was clearly a joke. Me making fun of the board's fundamentalists.
Sorry, but a troll like you who is talking about Jews, and claiming to be a Buddhist is a joke for itself.
And an idiot like you who doesn't understand the concept of humour is also a joke for itself. Moron.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Eightfold Path wrote: Moron
Troll
Farmer308
Freshman Poster

Post by Farmer308 »

Having recently returned to the USA for an assignment, it seems to me that the USA is wall to wall easy and available attractive women. When I say attractive I mean to use for sex, not as a life or marriage partner. I am currently working on a small town hospital (5000 population) and have already noticed dozens of available women age 20-40. Many of these women are making it obvious they are avaliable. The number if divorced-with-two -kids ages 25 to 45 who are desperately single is shocking to me.
sentinel89
Freshman Poster

Post by sentinel89 »

So when you say attractive you mean post wall women with stretchmarks that have a low SMV
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Anyone here familiar with the Wesli TEFL teacher training program? It's a 5-week program that integrates classroom experience with book learning.
sentinel89
Freshman Poster

Post by sentinel89 »

Hero, I'd strongly recommend getting a CELTA instead of a generic TEFL course. While in 90% of jobs it won't matter, there are some jobs that will strongly prefer CELTA over TEFL, but there are no jobs that prefer TEFL over CELTA.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

sentinel89 wrote:Hero, I'd strongly recommend getting a CELTA instead of a generic TEFL course. While in 90% of jobs it won't matter, there are some jobs that will strongly prefer CELTA over TEFL, but there are no jobs that prefer TEFL over CELTA.
I think that you need a letter of recommendation to get into CELTA, and I don't know who could write me one.
sentinel89
Freshman Poster

Post by sentinel89 »

Hero wrote:
sentinel89 wrote:Hero, I'd strongly recommend getting a CELTA instead of a generic TEFL course. While in 90% of jobs it won't matter, there are some jobs that will strongly prefer CELTA over TEFL, but there are no jobs that prefer TEFL over CELTA.
I think that you need a letter of recommendation to get into CELTA, and I don't know who could write me one.
I wasn't aware of that. But if that is the case, dude, just get anyone to write it. Who cares? They probably don't even look at it.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

sentinel89 wrote:
Hero wrote:
I wasn't aware of that. But if that is the case, dude, just get anyone to write it. Who cares? They probably don't even look at it.
OK, Sentinel. You can write me a letter :P

But seriously, when I was applying to graduate schools, letters of recommendation were the MOST important factor in deciding admission.