Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Why teaching English is probably the only option for most

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Re: Why teaching English is probably the only option for mos

Postby Cornfed » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:14 pm

travelsouth wrote:
Cornfed wrote:
travelsouth wrote:I'm not justifying the decisions and selection of American women, I'm just saying they have the right to make those selections.

Really, why?


When you have a daughter and some guy ignores her right to decide... I wonder who you will side with.

She would have no such right. In would be my right to decide that would be important.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 4646
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:22 am







Re: Why teaching English is probably the only option for mos

Postby yick » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:32 pm

Cornfed wrote:
travelsouth wrote:
Cornfed wrote:
travelsouth wrote:I'm not justifying the decisions and selection of American women, I'm just saying they have the right to make those selections.

Really, why?


When you have a daughter and some guy ignores her right to decide... I wonder who you will side with.

She would have no such right. In would be my right to decide that would be important.


What are the chances of you procreating? Fat midgets aren't exactly beating away women with a stick.

Your own women don't want you, genetic waste whose DNA will soon be dust in the wind. 8)
yick
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 454
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:11 am

Re: Why teaching English is probably the only option for mos

Postby Eightfold Path » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:58 pm

yick wrote:
Cornfed wrote:
travelsouth wrote:
Cornfed wrote:
travelsouth wrote:I'm not justifying the decisions and selection of American women, I'm just saying they have the right to make those selections.

Really, why?


When you have a daughter and some guy ignores her right to decide... I wonder who you will side with.

She would have no such right. In would be my right to decide that would be important.


What are the chances of you procreating? Fat midgets aren't exactly beating away women with a stick.

Your own women don't want you, genetic waste whose DNA will soon be dust in the wind. 8)

He seeks to control his child like some kind of robot, yet I'M the troll. Go figure, huh?
Eightfold Path
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:47 pm

Re: Why teaching English is probably the only option for mos

Postby mahadeveshwara » Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:39 am

Eightfold Path wrote:
yick wrote:When I came to this forum, I thought this is what the 'Happier Abroad' movement was all about, but from the majority of the posts here, most of the kids on here seem preoccupied with not getting laid. I have been abroad for long periods of time and not gotten laid and been quite happy.

Though I'll never date another woman from my country again, that is because I am happy where I am and intend to be there long term. I also find learning the language helps with talking to and ultimately dating women. From what I read, the chaps on here go to places like Colombia, Mexico and Taiwan and wonder why their 'PUA skills' are not up to scratch when they are trying to pick up local women with a foreign language. :roll:

That's why I rarely post in public and privately message people instead. I'm honestly surprised but then not at the same time when I think about how this site lasted as long as it did. First, Peter came around with his lunacy, then obdo with his hatred and bile. Now we have fundamentalists and MGTOW who need a book of fairy tales to get women or blame the government for their hand in life. How many of the members here have actually left their homelands? I bet I can count them on one hand and still have fingers left.

The language bit is also common sense. It's funny though. These gents here say western culture is so toxic, and they fail to realise that women who speak English in these other countries are on their way to westernisation. I don't blame you for taking a hiatus from this community. May I ask where you are now?


Right Speech is the third of the eight path factors in the Noble Eightfold Path, and belongs to the virtue division of the path.

The definition

"And what is right speech? Abstaining from lying, from divisive speech, from abusive speech, & from idle chatter: This is called right speech."

— SN 45.8

http://www.accesstoinsight.org/ptf/dhamma/sacca/sacca4/samma-vaca/
mahadeveshwara
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:15 pm

Re: Why teaching English is probably the only option for mos

Postby Yohan » Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:45 am

Eightfold Path wrote:Wow. You really aren't very bright for an atheist. That was clearly a joke. Me making fun of the board's fundamentalists.
Sorry, but a troll like you who is talking about Jews, and claiming to be a Buddhist is a joke for itself.
User avatar
Yohan
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2221
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:05 am
Location: Tokyo, JAPAN

Re: Why teaching English is probably the only option for mos

Postby droid » Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:52 am

mahadeveshwara wrote:Right Speech is the third of the eight path factors in the Noble Eightfold Path, and belongs to the virtue division of the path.
The definition
"And what is right speech? Abstaining from lying, from divisive speech, from abusive speech, & from idle chatter: This is called right speech."

— SN 45.8
http://wrww.accesstoinsight.org/ptf/dhamma/sacca/sacca4/samma-vaca/


+1
Elegant and appropriate
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
User avatar
droid
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2460
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:38 am

Re: Why teaching English is probably the only option for mos

Postby Eightfold Path » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:04 am

Yohan wrote:
Eightfold Path wrote:Wow. You really aren't very bright for an atheist. That was clearly a joke. Me making fun of the board's fundamentalists.
Sorry, but a troll like you who is talking about Jews, and claiming to be a Buddhist is a joke for itself.

And an idiot like you who doesn't understand the concept of humour is also a joke for itself. Moron.
Eightfold Path
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 113
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:47 pm

Re: Why teaching English is probably the only option for mos

Postby Yohan » Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:30 pm

Eightfold Path wrote: Moron

Troll
User avatar
Yohan
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2221
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:05 am
Location: Tokyo, JAPAN

Re: Why teaching English is probably the only option for mos

Postby Farmer308 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:25 pm

Having recently returned to the USA for an assignment, it seems to me that the USA is wall to wall easy and available attractive women. When I say attractive I mean to use for sex, not as a life or marriage partner. I am currently working on a small town hospital (5000 population) and have already noticed dozens of available women age 20-40. Many of these women are making it obvious they are avaliable. The number if divorced-with-two -kids ages 25 to 45 who are desperately single is shocking to me.
Farmer308
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:29 pm

Re: Why teaching English is probably the only option for mos

Postby sentinel89 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:53 pm

So when you say attractive you mean post wall women with stretchmarks that have a low SMV
sentinel89
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 290
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:56 pm

Re: Why teaching English is probably the only option for mos

Postby Hero » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:54 pm

Anyone here familiar with the Wesli TEFL teacher training program? It's a 5-week program that integrates classroom experience with book learning.
Hero
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1683
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:19 pm

Re: Why teaching English is probably the only option for mos

Postby sentinel89 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:09 pm

Hero, I'd strongly recommend getting a CELTA instead of a generic TEFL course. While in 90% of jobs it won't matter, there are some jobs that will strongly prefer CELTA over TEFL, but there are no jobs that prefer TEFL over CELTA.
sentinel89
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 290
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:56 pm

Re: Why teaching English is probably the only option for mos

Postby Hero » Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:25 am

sentinel89 wrote:Hero, I'd strongly recommend getting a CELTA instead of a generic TEFL course. While in 90% of jobs it won't matter, there are some jobs that will strongly prefer CELTA over TEFL, but there are no jobs that prefer TEFL over CELTA.


I think that you need a letter of recommendation to get into CELTA, and I don't know who could write me one.
Hero
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1683
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:19 pm

Re: Why teaching English is probably the only option for mos

Postby sentinel89 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:35 am

Hero wrote:
sentinel89 wrote:Hero, I'd strongly recommend getting a CELTA instead of a generic TEFL course. While in 90% of jobs it won't matter, there are some jobs that will strongly prefer CELTA over TEFL, but there are no jobs that prefer TEFL over CELTA.


I think that you need a letter of recommendation to get into CELTA, and I don't know who could write me one.


I wasn't aware of that. But if that is the case, dude, just get anyone to write it. Who cares? They probably don't even look at it.
sentinel89
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 290
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:56 pm

Re: Why teaching English is probably the only option for mos

Postby Hero » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:12 am

sentinel89 wrote:
Hero wrote:
sentinel89 wrote:Hero, I'd strongly recommend getting a CELTA instead of a generic TEFL course. While in 90% of jobs it won't matter, there are some jobs that will strongly prefer CELTA over TEFL, but there are no jobs that prefer TEFL over CELTA.


I think that you need a letter of recommendation to get into CELTA, and I don't know who could write me one.


I wasn't aware of that. But if that is the case, dude, just get anyone to write it. Who cares? They probably don't even look at it.


OK, Sentinel. You can write me a letter :P

But seriously, when I was applying to graduate schools, letters of recommendation were the MOST important factor in deciding admission.
Hero
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1683
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:19 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Latin America, Mexico, Central America

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests