Smaller cities in Mexico beginning November

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Smaller cities in Mexico beginning November

Post by MattHanson1990 »

After I receive my few thousand dollars at a fundraiser from composing a film score, I am getting out of America longer term and off to Mexico I go again. This time, I am considering small to medium-sized cities as I heard it is easier to build a social circle compared to big cities, although I found Guadalajara to be nowhere near as cliquish as the USA is. Also, in some Mexican states like Michoacan, Guerrero, and Guanajuato, there is more of a man shortage, with 92 men for every 100 women. Here are some of the small and medium-sized cities I am considering checking out during my 6 month span in Mexico:

- Ciudad Guzmán, Jalisco
- Lagos de Moreno, Jalisco
- Guanajuato, Guanajuato
- Zacatecas, Zacatecas
- Parral, Chihuahua
- Culiacán, Sinaloa
- Durango, Durango
- Tequila, Jalisco
- Morelia, Michoacan
- Ciudad Valles, San Luís Potosí
- Chihuahua, Chihuahua
- León, Guanajuato
- El Salto, Jalisco

There are several others, but I have been to El Salto before. It's an hour bus ride to and from Guadalajara via Ruta 178, and I have found El Salto to also be a beautiful place in Mexico. Sadly I was only there for three hours, so I couldn't build a social circle there. But I did chat up a group of women sitting at a food stand as I was walking towards the downtown area. And as I met the last one, they all cheered. If I ever go back to El Salto, I am definitely spending a lot more time there. Also, the border towns are out (maybe Mexicali is an exception) due to the low quality and Americanization of many of the women I met in Ciudad Juarez.
nutjob
Freshman Poster

Re: Smaller cities in Mexico beginning November

Post by nutjob »

Do you do anything for money while your in mexico or just live off your savings? You can try aguascalientes, ive never been but it seems like a good prospect.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTvS-OF5VNc
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

nutjob wrote:Do you do anything for money while your in mexico or just live off your savings? You can try aguascalientes, ive never been but it seems like a good prospect.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTvS-OF5VNc
I do have an asset online, but I have a PayPal account. But stuff like this should be PM'ed.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

Guanajuato, Guanajuato, you will not regret. It's almost the perfect mid sized Mexican town...great weather...the list is long, stunningly beautiful.... Don't miss it.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

OutWest wrote:Guanajuato, Guanajuato, you will not regret. It's almost the perfect mid sized Mexican town...great weather...the list is long, stunningly beautiful.... Don't miss it.
As far as the girls:

- Are there plenty of decent-looking down to earth chicks who aren't taken?
- Is there a man shortage?
- Are the girls much more likely to make eye contact than in Guadalajara?
- Is it easier to get romantically involved with Guanajuato girls than it is with their Guadalajara counterparts?
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

MattHanson1990 wrote:
OutWest wrote:Guanajuato, Guanajuato, you will not regret. It's almost the perfect mid sized Mexican town...great weather...the list is long, stunningly beautiful.... Don't miss it.
As far as the girls:

- Is it easier to get romantically involved with Guanajuato girls than it is with their Guadalajara counterparts?

I do see quite attractive girls in Guanajuato. As far as being more willing to make eye contact, I would say only marginally, that is not a characteristic in general of the better girls. As you are learning, the social circle means a lot. Eye contact with strangers...hmmm...think about it, would you want your possible GF to be one that easily makes eye contact with strangers?

It seems that most Mexican girls are unfathomable to american men. That said, you seem to be quite capable of learning and adapting. Unlike most, the ones that sit at home and whine, you actually got off your a$$ and jumped in. You are young and learning.

The question might be, to clear things up, what are your intentions? Do you know? Are you looking for a girl to marry, or are you just looking for a good time? Those different destinations are not good to confuse.

Do you meet Americans who have " gone native" in Mexico, and can help you out? Additionally, some Mexicans who have spent time in the USA and are now kind of bicultural can be a good source.

Are you just passing through? Most men who are passing through, easily give that vibe. What girl wants to be some gringos good time? Unless she knows otherwise, the girl will likely assume you are just passing through, and yes, staying a month or two is just passing through.

Know your purpose, then warrior away till you get it done.
drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

MattHanson1990 wrote:As far as the girls:

Matt, I think you should define what type of women you consider "decent-looking". If you're stuck on white looking Mexicans like me than that changes entirely where you should go. If you're more open to mestizas and mayans then all of Mexico is your oyster. I haven't been to Guanajuato, Guanajuato but my understanding from someone who has is that the women are more mayan. There is a University there, but I'm not sure where it attracts students from. One thing to consider is some cities in Mexico are popular with domestic tourists, Guanajuato, Guanajuato is one of them. So you may meet girls there who are just passing through on a family vacation. Guanajuato, Guanajuato is also big tourist attraction for Europeans, so you'll stand out less with more white foreigners.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

OutWest wrote:
MattHanson1990 wrote:
As far as the girls:

I do see quite attractive girls in Guanajuato. As far as being more willing to make eye contact, I would say only marginally, that is not a characteristic in general of the better girls. As you are learning, the social circle means a lot. Eye contact with strangers...hmmm...think about it, would you want your possible GF to be one that easily makes eye contact with strangers?

It seems that most Mexican girls are unfathomable to american men. That said, you seem to be quite capable of learning and adapting. Unlike most, the ones that sit at home and whine, you actually got off your a$$ and jumped in. You are young and learning.

The question might be, to clear things up, what are your intentions? Do you know? Are you looking for a girl to marry, or are you just looking for a good time? Those different destinations are not good to confuse.

Do you meet Americans who have " gone native" in Mexico, and can help you out? Additionally, some Mexicans who have spent time in the USA and are now kind of bicultural can be a good source.

Are you just passing through? Most men who are passing through, easily give that vibe. What girl wants to be some gringos good time? Unless she knows otherwise, the girl will likely assume you are just passing through, and yes, staying a month or two is just passing through.

Know your purpose, then warrior away till you get it done.
As far as women being approachable, they often do make eye contact. AW never make eye contact with anyone at all; they have the scowl on their face, and they are also constantly glued to their smartphones. People who have gone to Russia and Ukraine reported the women easily making eye contact. But I'm not sure if a vast majority of them do that.

Is it actually easy to get lonely in Guanajuato, Guanajuato like it is in the US?