Advice for communicating online with Mexican women

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
HA1729
Freshman Poster

Advice for communicating online with Mexican women

Post by HA1729 »

Hi everyone, I am new to the Happier Abroad forum, and I am looking for advice on communicating online with Mexican women. Starting next week, I will be communicating primarily with young women living in Mexico City who are either in college or recently graduated from college. I will also be able to visit a few of them in Mexico city in mid-January. First, how many of them will speak English relatively well? I can speak Spanish, but not very well (I got a 4 on the AP exam back in high school and have barely used the language since then). Also, if one of the women has a good knowledge of English, do you think that it would be a good idea to still offer to have our online conversation in Spanish? Would it make me seem more cultured if I offered to speak Spanish or would it not make a difference? Also, are there any pieces of Spanish internet slang that I should become familiar with? Also, how important do you think it is for me to become familiar with current events in Mexico so that I can talk about them with the women? Also, should I try to be flirtatious or romantic in my online messages, or should I keep it conversational and non-romantic until I meet them in person? Also, I will probably ask some of the women if they want to Skype with me after I talk with them online for a while. How long do you think I should wait for asking them to Skype with me?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

chibolo
Junior Poster

Re: Advice for communicating online with Mexican women

Post by chibolo »

Yes, you should definitely learn Spanish and familiarize yourself with Mexican culture if you want to date a Mexican woman.