Belize.

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Belize.

Post by zacb »

I went through Mexico. I was enjoying Cancun, and it was cool, but once I got to Belize I was really enjoying myself. I don't want to reveal this specific gem, but it feels like paradise. If I had the money I would buy land here and vacation here forever. Rum for a pint here is 2.50 and there are a ton of restaurants and things to to. I feel like I am in paradise. I am a bit drunk while I write this, but I would highly recommend Belize as a vacation spot. I will continue on when I am less drunk.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Belize.

Post by Rock »

zacb wrote:I went through Mexico. I was enjoying Cancun, and it was cool, but once I got to Belize I was really enjoying myself. I don't want to reveal this specific gem, but it feels like paradise. If I had the money I would buy land here and vacation here forever. Rum for a pint here is 2.50 and there are a ton of restaurants and things to to. I feel like I am in paradise. I am a bit drunk while I write this, but I would highly recommend Belize as a vacation spot. I will continue on when I am less drunk.
John McAfee lived there and married what I believe was a local girl (quite sexy one too ;). But he was suspected of murdering his neighbor back in 2012 so fled. He believes he was somehow set-up I think. He sunk a lot of his remaining net worth (lost over 95% of his 100 mn in the 2008/9 financial crisis) into his house there and it was subsequently burnt down, again under conditions he suspects were foul play.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

zacb wrote:I went through Mexico. I was enjoying Cancun, and it was cool, but once I got to Belize I was really enjoying myself. I don't want to reveal this specific gem, but it feels like paradise. If I had the money I would buy land here and vacation here forever. Rum for a pint here is 2.50 and there are a ton of restaurants and things to to. I feel like I am in paradise. I am a bit drunk while I write this, but I would highly recommend Belize as a vacation spot. I will continue on when I am less drunk.

Belize has great water and beaches. The interior? Be careful . If you drink too much, some time in Belize City will sober you up. Its pretty much a crime infested shithole.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

I am a bit more sober now, but I can assure you it was at a hostel and in a smaller town in Belize. I would highly recommend Belize to relax and escape civilization. I would recommend you bring cash instead of card though. I am in a smaller town so it does tend to run out of bills I think at the ATM.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com