anyone have experiences in Merida Mexico ?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
anabolic
Freshman Poster

anyone have experiences in Merida Mexico ?

Post by anabolic »

curious, as I will be an expat soon
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: anyone have experiences in Merida Mexico ?

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

anabolic wrote:curious, as I will be an expat soon
It isn't spoiled by the popularity of Cancún yet it's a city with decent magnitude. I was talking to a woman there that I met via a friend in exchanging WhatsApp numbers, and I think she was a "caza fortuna" (a gold digger - U.S. slang). She and I had ceased conversing with one another because I didn't like how she probed me to tell her what EXACTLY I do for a living. I could have lied, but Merida is out of the way from the part of Mexico I was in so I decided to be honest about how I didn't appreciate her attitude. That fizzled out quickly. If I were hellbent on Merida, she and I would probably be an item now, but I didn't care for its humidity now that summer is pretty much here in Mexico. One thing I'll admit was that she was a Mexican by proxy of Spain (literally she immigrated from Spain to Mexico at a young age with her parents running a business in Merida); she was attractive, but not enough to put up with her golddigging jackassery.