Want to meet my Latina

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
atrueloveme
Freshman Poster

Want to meet my Latina

Post by atrueloveme »

I’m in a bit of pickle. I met this amazing Latina woman online and we’ve been talking for a few months. We’re turning serious and I plan to visit her in Colombia. Now, before anyone lectures me how it is dangerous there, I am a grown man and stable in life. I can make my own decisions.
My lady is legit. I have spoken to her on the phone a lot of times, We’ve Skyped and yes her voice and face match the profile. I’ve sent her gifts and she graciously takes a photo of them.
I do love spoiling my girl with flowers, but that’s beside the point. I think that this point we’re turning serious and the natural next step is to meet in person. Since we’re not in the same country I plan to visit her. I hope to spend my off time there with her by my side so we can talk personally and have dinners.
My question is, I wanna go there but can I also take a romance tour? I wanna meet my lady but at the same time I also want to meet other women in her country. I kind of want to have a backup plan in case things with my girl don’t work out. I know that online romance can be a bit different when two people finally meet in person for the first time.
I want to take this romance tour by AFA, they have tours in Cartagena. I’m not sure if romance tours are legit too, but my research says they do tours a couple of times every year and there are numerous reviews.
What should I do? Should I go on to romance tour or just DIY my trip to Cartagena to meet my girl? Please help!!!!!
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Want to meet my Latina

Post by Yohan »

You have to be careful, online-friends are not people you know personally.

About romance tours why to spend money for that, if you know anyway somebody you want to meet?

And if it's going wrong with her, you still can look around after arrival nearby to meet other women personally or you can even now try to find other women in that area online and meet them later on.

Online friends - this does not mean much, there is no obligation out of such a 'relationship'.
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

I agree with Yohan.

Just don't build up your hopes with this woman as you barely know her. Find out what she's after. A one way ticket northwards? Possibly! Refrain from getting "serious" until you dig deeper.
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

On a sidenote, I've recently read a true account about a guy who met a woman in Colombia - and it changed his life. It's one of the best books I've read in awhile too.

Basically, he's working as a disillusioned English teacher in Colombia during the 1990's when he meets this woman who he eventually marries.

Her brother suggests that he should smuggle cocaine into Europe and while skeptical at first, he decides to do it after hatching what he considered to be a foolproof plan! He ends up becoming very wealthy.

Don't get any idea's though. It wouldn't be a foolproof plan nowadays!

The book is called Nice Mr Nasty : How To Smuggle Cocaine

https://www.amazon.co.uk/NICE-Mr-Nasty- ... E+Mr+Nasty