Why isn't Mexico a hot destination to find a wife/gf?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
Tapatio89
Freshman Poster

Re: Why isn't Mexico a hot destination to find a wife/gf?

Post by Tapatio89 »

zboy1 wrote:Yes, Latinos in the USA tend to act like ghetto thugs, gangsters or outright criminals, or they tended to be FOB (Fresh of the Boat) types. Of course, there were those Latinos that didn't match any of those descriptions. The Latinos I befriended back in the States, were much like you, Tapatio: well mannered, and intelligent, but, as you mentioned, those Latinos were often ostracized by the more hardcore, stereotypical Latinos.

Most Latinos in the US and especially Mexicans come from the lowest socioeconomic background. I come from a middle class background in Mexico, so although I hate to sound classist, the reality is that them and me are worlds apart and had very little in common except we came from the same country and speak Spanish, but interests, ambitions, ethics, and dress style completely different. Even in facial features, I do not look like the Mexican illegal immigrants as they have darker skin, shorter, stocky and look mostly indigenous (Aztec, Maya, etc) or Dark Mestizo.

Latin America is a very classist region as you know.

And thank you kindly for your comments about me.

Cheers!
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Tapatio89 wrote:
zboy1 wrote:Yes, Latinos in the USA tend to act like ghetto thugs, gangsters or outright criminals, or they tended to be FOB (Fresh of the Boat) types. Of course, there were those Latinos that didn't match any of those descriptions. The Latinos I befriended back in the States, were much like you, Tapatio: well mannered, and intelligent, but, as you mentioned, those Latinos were often ostracized by the more hardcore, stereotypical Latinos.

Most Latinos in the US and especially Mexicans come from the lowest socioeconomic background. I come from a middle class background in Mexico, so although I hate to sound classist, the reality is that them and me are worlds apart and had very little in common except we came from the same country and speak Spanish, but interests, ambitions, ethics, and dress style completely different. Even in facial features, I do not look like the Mexican illegal immigrants as they have darker skin, shorter, stocky and look mostly indigenous (Aztec, Maya, etc) or Dark Mestizo.

Cheers!
I learned that the hard way that Latin America is very classist, more so than racist or bigoted even. I'd gone to Chile back in 2008, and I've become an English teacher. One time I was walking down the street in northern Chile in thug gear with my baggy jeans sagging, wearing Timberland boots....looking like Naughty By Nature the Rap group, and this girl exhorted, "Go home, you f***ing n.igger!" from her window, but my Afro-Dominican friend and I couldn't pinpoint where she was located.

Right after that point, he became irate that I was dressing in U.S. Hip-Hop video style while he and I were walking.

He bellowed out, en ingles, "You just could dress like a human being with some middle class, couldn't you?"

Afro-Dominicans loathe being put into that caricature of a stereotype due to trying to rise above socioeconomic status above Black Americans in the U.S. of Gay (i.e. the USA). Personally, I don't blame him.

Then and there, thats' when I've learned that looking well-groomed, not being overweight, and dressing well-fitted with at least an intermediate nivel of Espanyol goes a normal yet long way down there. Tengo en cuenta ahorita.
Tapatio89
Freshman Poster

Post by Tapatio89 »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
Tapatio89 wrote:

Cheers!
I learned that the hard way that Latin America is very classist, more so than racist or bigoted even. I'd gone to Chile back in 2008, and I've become an English teacher. One time I was walking down the street in northern Chile in thug gear with my baggy jeans sagging, wearing Timberland boots....looking like Naughty By Nature the Rap group, and this girl exhorted, "Go home, you f***ing n.igger!" from her window, but my Afro-Dominican friend and I couldn't pinpoint where she was located.

Right after that point, he became irate that I was dressing in U.S. Hip-Hop video style while he and I were walking.

He bellowed out, en ingles, "You just could dress like a human being with some middle class, couldn't you?"

Afro-Dominicans loathe being put into that caricature of a stereotype due to trying to rise above socioeconomic status above Black Americans in the U.S. of Gay (i.e. the USA). Personally, I don't blame him.

Then and there, thats' when I've learned that looking well-groomed, not being overweight, and dressing well-fitted with at least an intermediate nivel of Espanyol goes a normal yet long way down there. Tengo en cuenta ahorita.
That is true.

The vast majoritiy of the people here in this region judge you by what clothes you wear. Whilst in the US dressing gangsta, rapper is "cool" to Americans and Nordics regardless of social class, in Latin America, however, we middle class Latin Americans and the upper classes see it as tacky and only lower class Latinos dress like that, particularly lower class that are involved in crime, thus it is NOT seen as cool.

And I know in the US most Americans like to wear loose fitted clothing, but here in Latin America, it is associated with poor people dress style. I never wear loose fitted clothing because I personally think it looks ugly/unflattering, I am middle clas and can afford good quality clothes, and I am slender, thus why dress like that? Does not make sense. I like to dress stylish. In fact, my wife likes it and many women here compliment me always of my dress style.In the US, Americans almost always compliment me of how classy I dress, or in the worst cases, assume I am gay for some weird reason :S.

Japanese women and people are fashion conscious like Latinos, thus my wife and I have more in common as oppose to me with a gringa or Nordic women who dress plain, and the men too, except NYC people or London people.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Tapatio89 wrote:
E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
Tapatio89 wrote:

Cheers!

That is true.

The vast majoritiy of the people here in this region judge you by what clothes you wear. Whilst in the US dressing gangsta, rapper is "cool" to Americans and Nordics regardless of social class, in Latin America, however, we middle class Latin Americans and the upper classes see it as tacky and only lower class Latinos dress like that, particularly lower class that are involved in crime, thus it is NOT seen as cool.

And I know in the US most Americans like to wear loose fitted clothing, but here in Latin America, it is associated with poor people dress style. I never wear loose fitted clothing because I personally think it looks ugly/unflattering, I am middle clas and can afford good quality clothes, and I am slender, thus why dress like that? Does not make sense. I like to dress stylish. In fact, my wife likes it and many women here compliment me always of my dress style.In the US, Americans almost always compliment me of how classy I dress, or in the worst cases, assume I am gay for some weird reason :S.

Japanese women and people are fashion conscious like Latinos, thus my wife and I have more in common as oppose to me with a gringa or Nordic women who dress plain, and the men too, except NYC people or London people.
That's correct. Cool. Thanks for confirming it.
fightforlove
Junior Poster

Post by fightforlove »

This forum is kinda thin on information about relationships with Mexican women. Does anyone know of any other forums for men who are dating/have dated/married Mexican wives?
Freshman Poster

Post by 4321 »

To remind everyone reading this thread:

THIS " Iuliia " IS A FAKE PROFILE
http://women.happierabroad.com/women/info157692.htm

http://www.amolatina.com/profile-latin- ... 193755.htm

" Iuliia " is white( Caucasian )... not Hispanic
And is currently in Ukraine - expecting a baby....