Why isn't Mexico a hot destination to find a wife/gf?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Why isn't Mexico a hot destination to find a wife/gf?

Post by fschmidt »

Libertadd wrote:I think it's [USA] a great place with great people
No, it's a horrible place with horrible people. And it's corrupting Mexico too. Pobre México, tan lejos de Dios y tan cerca de los Estados Unidos.
Ok, now I need to find a good movie to watch.
Watch "Falling Down".

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

fschmidt wrote:
Libertadd wrote:I think it's [USA] a great place with great people
No, it's a horrible place with horrible people. And it's corrupting Mexico too. Pobre México, tan lejos de Dios y tan cerca de los Estados Unidos.
Watch "Falling Down".
...staring Michael Douglas. It's his best movie ever. Better than Romancing The Stone, Wall Street, etc.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Libertadd wrote:Hello,

I came just to give my opinion about this (it's friday night and I am at home and bored, haha... but luckily I'm an Internet creature)

I haven't read all opinions, but I read the one that ladislav wrote.

I'm a mexican woman, and I didn't know there were pages to look for mexicans wives (well, to be honest I'm not looking for one), but well, I think what people think about gringos it's different in every part of Mexico.

I'm from the north of Mexico, I've had visa almost all my life and still have it, but I have never been further the border (but I have been in other countries from Latin America). So, maybe we are a little bit proud people, haha, but at least here "gringos" are not a "strange thing", we don't see them as enemies or anything, a lot of them come here for work, some get married and stay, some go (same with guys from Germany, a lot of "maquilas" here).

But I guess it's a little offensive when people from USA think we all mexicans want to live there, and it's not true. I think it's a great place with great people and there are a lot of cities I will want to visit, but I love Mexico. And it has happened to me when crossing the border that a police guy asked me if I was going to the USA to get a husband (and he smiled), I think he was trying to be nice, but it seems to be a generalized idea (weird thing that a police guy asked me the same while entering to Argentina... hmmm, maybe I look like I'm looking for a husband, maybe is my haircut, haha).

But well, finally getting to the point, I really think mexican people are very friendly, and any foreigner may make friends here as long as he/she treats people with respect and try to be nice.

¡Saludos!
Ya era hora! Me alegra que estas aqui...bienvenida carinyosa. (#TecladoDelSistemaLinux) Est. Unidos. es superbasura;Fschmidt tiene rrrrrrazon. La mayoria de los miembros de este sitio se gustaria a salir permanentemente.
travelsouth
Freshman Poster

Post by travelsouth »

Libertadd wrote:Hello,

I came just to give my opinion about this (it's friday night and I am at home and bored, haha... but luckily I'm an Internet creature)

I haven't read all opinions, but I read the one that ladislav wrote.

I'm a mexican woman, and I didn't know there were pages to look for mexicans wives (well, to be honest I'm not looking for one), but well, I think what people think about gringos it's different in every part of Mexico.

I'm from the north of Mexico, I've had visa almost all my life and still have it, but I have never been further the border (but I have been in other countries from Latin America). So, maybe we are a little bit proud people, haha, but at least here "gringos" are not a "strange thing", we don't see them as enemies or anything, a lot of them come here for work, some get married and stay, some go (same with guys from Germany, a lot of "maquilas" here).

But I guess it's a little offensive when people from USA think we all mexicans want to live there, and it's not true. I think it's a great place with great people and there are a lot of cities I will want to visit, but I love Mexico. And it has happened to me when crossing the border that a police guy asked me if I was going to the USA to get a husband (and he smiled), I think he was trying to be nice, but it seems to be a generalized idea (weird thing that a police guy asked me the same while entering to Argentina... hmmm, maybe I look like I'm looking for a husband, maybe is my haircut, haha).

But well, finally getting to the point, I really think mexican people are very friendly, and any foreigner may make friends here as long as he/she treats people with respect and try to be nice.

¡Saludos!
Good post. I've heard many chicas tell me the exact same thing. There are lots of educated women in Northern Mexico with good jobs and b travel visas. But to be fair there are lot's of women in Mexico that are open to dating gringos (I think you'd agree with that). I've met many chicas that would like a gringo novia. But like I stated they have jobs and careers and are not desperate at all.

P.S.- Argentina is so broke maybe the guys want you for your Mexican citizenship ;)
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

El Paso, TX is really the only place in America I know of where you'll find quality women, but even it isn't a hot destination to get dates or find a girlfriend/wife. But I think pretty much anywhere near the US - Mexico border would have sweet feminine women, except San Diego which is totally absorbed into the mainstream US culture.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Holy cow. Is it possible to get a wife like this in Mexico? Dang.

http://women.happierabroad.com/women/info157692.htm

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

Winston wrote:Holy cow. Is it possible to get a wife like this in Mexico? Dang.

http://women.happierabroad.com/women/info157692.htm

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
It's not easy, only about 10% of women in Mexico look this white.

She also lives in one of the most natively indigenous states of Mexico so I'm a bit surprised.
chibolo
Junior Poster

Post by chibolo »

She also lives in one of the most natively indigenous states of Mexico so I'm a bit surprised.

She isn't a real Mexicana:
Languages: Ukrainian (native),Russian (native)
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

chibolo wrote:

She isn't a real Mexicana:
Languages: Ukrainian (native),Russian (native)
In this case, it seems she is a Russian living in Mexico. To answer Winston's question, yes, there are European Mexicans, and they are the elites if Mexico. I have met amazingly pretty "white Mexicanas" numbers of places in Mexico. Most are not falling over themselves to mate up with a gringo. They are similar to the colonial elites in the Philippines. In both cases, to meet and keep such women will depend on who you are, what you bring to the table and how you tie it all together with social skills.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

I was walking on the beach here in Ensenada with two friends, and encountered two stunning Ukrainians. From someplace in Westrn Ukraine I forget. Stunning, slender, model quality. It was mother and daughter. Don't know what brought them here. Long way for just a vacation.

But anyway immigrants do tend to flock to the same places. So maybe there is a bit of a mini-trend? "The Russians are coming..."
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

I did find the girls here in Guadalajara to be friendlier and more open than their American counterparts but didn't get any dates yet. But I did find Ciudad Juarez to be a much greater disappointment as I noticed the girls there to be Americanized and have fresa attitudes along with political correctness. Even two Mexican men living in CJ told me they went on dry spells that lasted over a year. I am also wondering how to build social circle in Guadalajara as I was told the women here have options (I don't know if this means they have just as many options as AW do and are rarely single and the guys go on dry spells).

Next month, I'm trying smaller cities in Mexico like Leon, Durango, Guanajuato, Lagos de Moreno, Culiacan, Chihuahua, or even small towns like Tequila. Could those be pocket areas of Mexico where the men have more options than the women do? If not, then Mexico is OUT and I'm either going to DR or Colombia or the Phils.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

Great question. Years ago when I first stared looking at online dating long before it reached it's current level of popularity, I signed up for a site called UDate. Initially, I thought I'd only look at local ladies here in Seattle. I tinkered around for 2 months and came up with nada.

The site allowed you to change the geographic parameters of your search so the second time around, I included Mexico/South America. I'd find a cute girl and send out emails. I received the same level of attention ie pretty much nada. Phase three was including the Asian ladies and my replies exploded.

But back to the original question. Why isn't Mexico a hot destination for ladies? I've been down to Cancun, Puerto Vallarta a few times and I never got that "local women are digging you vide" like I got in other countries. Sure I went to very touristy areas but I've gotten out and I've walked thru smaller towns in Mexico. Same result. Seemingly zero interest received from the Mexican ladies.

Interestingly, my wife works in a dental office that specializes in treating the DHS clients. 80% of the practice is for Mexican clientele. So as a result, half the staff working at the front desk and the other assistants are also Mexican. None of them have non Mexican boyfriends. Not a one, which I find interesting. So this tells me that the Mexicans have little desire to assimilate outside of their culture. The women are happy dating their own.

Good news is that there are millions of Mexican girls. All it takes is one, right? I'm sure if you contact enough of them, you'll find one who is interested. Just don't think it would be as easy as say chatting with the Filipinos.

Last but not least, one of the reasons why I chose a Filipina is that many of them have a lot of latin blood in them (my wife). I think I have the best of both worlds :)
Tapatio89
Freshman Poster

Re:

Post by Tapatio89 »

ladislav wrote:Most Americans are prejudiced against Mexicans. Some are not, but ,generally, they would rather marry an Oriental, and, well , maybe if a Latina, someone from Venezuel or Brazil, possibly; but "Meskin" is seen as low class by a lot of people. A Mexican wife for life is not exactly what many guys have in mind.
Many do not find Mexicanas attractive, either.

The feeling is mutual, as many Mexicans do not really like the US, its culture, and how the US treated them over these past two centuries. They do not like to learn English and/or marry Americans, not for racial, but for cultural/political reasons. If an American learns Spanish and adopts local customs/lives in Mexico , he will be welcome there, though, but still these are two countries that do not get along that well.

Rich Mexicans and even middle class ones do not like to live in the US, work in the US or even make friends with English-speaking Americans. They are way too proud of their country. Poor Mexican people are very poor and illiterate even in Spanish, very often. These are the ones who come to the USA to get jobs, and, mainly, it is men and sometimes divorced women. So, not a big choice of senoritas.

Mexicans and ,Americans, for that matter are not very friendly people so, that complicates everything tenfold.

Having said that, you can still find sites that deal with Mexican ladies and there are tours and marriage agencies ,but not many.
I completely agree with you about the views between Mexicans and Americans. When I used to live in the US, superficially Americans thought I was Chilean or Colombian because my facial features does not look like the Mexican illegal immigrants that often come to the U.S., but when I told them I am Mexican,the American girls would not like that, even after I told them I am a naturalized US citizen and coming from a middle class background back in Mexico and dressing stylish, good looking physically, clean cut, and classy with slender figure, that did not matter to American girls as they equated me erroneously with the illegal immigrants/low class. With foreign girls living in the US or international students, I was popular, and in many cases, those foreign/immigrant girls prefered me more than the American guys.

I also have noticed most American men prefer far more Asian women than Latin women. I saw a Asian woman/gringo husband far more often than Latina/gringo husband when I lived in the US.

As a middle class Mexican, I did not liked living in the US at all. Although the US has some good points I will admit (orderly, practical, business minded like I like it), however, distances are quite far if you do not have a car, American women almost do not like foreign men unless the foreigner is also from an Anglo-Saxon country (for some reason, they like British guys :S), boring lifestyle, people not friendly, and the cold weather killed me in Pennsylvania.

I also never been attracted to American women or Nordic women like stereotypically most Latin men go gaga with blonde women. I am only attracted to Asian women, Arab women, Latinas, and Mediterraean women not only physically but most importantly, personality and values. American and Nordic women look plain to me, too argumentative, difficult to compromise with one, dress boring, and I personally I am not atracted to fat/overweight women.}

However, when I lived in the US, almost all my friends there are White American, Indian or Asian, and I am still in contact with them up to this day as they are my friends for life. I did not like to mix with the Latinos in the US as most of them were the cholo/gangbanger/vulgar type of people, and I do not mix with criminals as I am a respectable individual, and those cholos like-wise did not liked me because they thought for some weird reason I am fresa (preppy) in fashion and nerdy in interests/hobbies. Very few Latinos in my area were middle class like me or upper class.

Now I am back in Mexico, and I prefer here more than the US for living. But, I would like to visit again the US for vacation and to visit my friends and family as I cannot only think all negative as all countries have both good and bad things, including Mexico.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Yes, Latinos in the USA tend to act like ghetto thugs, gangsters or outright criminals, or they tended to be FOB (Fresh of the Boat) types. Of course, there were those Latinos that didn't match any of those descriptions. The Latinos I befriended back in the States, were much like you, Tapatio: well mannered, and intelligent, but, as you mentioned, those Latinos were often ostracized by the more hardcore, stereotypical Latinos.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

pete98146 wrote:Interestingly, my wife works in a dental office that specializes in treating the DHS clients. 80% of the practice is for Mexican clientele. So as a result, half the staff working at the front desk and the other assistants are also Mexican. None of them have non Mexican boyfriends. Not a one, which I find interesting. So this tells me that the Mexicans have little desire to assimilate outside of their culture. The women are happy dating their own.
I've been in and out of Tucson, where I currently live, for many years. There have always been a lot of Mexican-Americans here, and now it is like El Paso -- a large majority of the population, who you'd think would be thoroughly assimilated. I have never had the slightest bit of luck with these women. They simply won't talk to me. And this goes back the entire time to include when I was young with lots of self confidence, and, frankly, writing my own ticket with the local anglo women.

I notice that they refer to anglos as "whites." So we may be talking about a serious racial bias when it comes to these women. Whether it is rooted in fear of the unknown, insecurity, a genuine distaste for anglos -- I simply don't now, but it really does appear to be a thing.

One other anecdotal experience. The son of some friends of mine is a major stud -- 6-5, good-looking, very friendly guy liked by everyone who knows him. He was cutting a serial monogamy swath through some of the best-looking anglo women in Tucson, when he decided that he wanted to settle down with a young Mexican-American girl. She was kind of pretty, but nothing special, imo. My friends threw an expensive wedding for them, and I chatted a bit with her Mexican father, who had very little money and couldn't have paid for a tenth of the wedding expenses. He acknowledged what a great catch his daughter was getting, and she stated in the wedding vows that she was marrying the handsomest man she'd ever seen.

Six months later she leaves him. No abuse, either physical or mental, she just wasn't comfortable. Now she's engaged to her Mexican high school boyfriend. I was shocked when I heard it, but less so as I start to understand where these Mexican women seem to be coming from