Dominican Republic

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Dominican Republic

Post by Hero »

Hey all, my buddy wants me to go on a trip to the Dominican Republic to meet girls, but I have no idea what the women are like there. Any input?
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

I used to have a friend who was crazy about going there. He would go there once every 3 months for 10 days. He was the boss, so he could do that. Cheap there. He also had a girlfriend down there, too.

Mostly black women, but on the light skinned side.

Very agreeable.
Last edited by Adama on June 10th, 2018, 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Master
Junior Poster
Location: Insane Asylum, Strip Joints, Playboy Mansion, Public Enemies List No.1, Harley Quinn's Heart

Whats so obnoxious about obnoxious?

Post by Master »

Why was the guy so obnoxious? And did it matter since supposably you were there to get p***y not to hang out?

Would you be willing to risk your life over getting laid?
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Funny, today is my last day of a short trip to the DR. I would not return.

Aside from the grinding poverty, the women are not that attractive unless you fancy black women of various shades or you are into the rampant prostitution.

The hotels are mediocre at best, and the scams are everywhere, especially the taxi drivers. Gangs of impoverished boys will harass you for money, and creepy guys coming up trying to be your "friend" are an everyday occurrence.

I see western men every now and then, but the women they are with are old and ugly. I have seen maybe two girls here that are what I would call attractive.

This place is not for the man of discriminating taste.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Insidious wrote:
If you find light skinned black women attractive, it'd be fun.
You mean like Beyonce or Halle Berry or Soledad O'Brien? Now those are some attractive half-black women.
But I'm guessing you don't find many of those in the D.R.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Hero wrote:
Insidious wrote:
You mean like Beyonce or Halle Berry or Soledad O'Brien? Now those are some attractive half-black women.
Try Rosie Perez on a good day.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Whats so obnoxious about obnoxious?

Post by Adama »

Master wrote:Why was the guy so obnoxious? And did it matter since supposably you were there to get p***y not to hang out?

He didnt want to go to Colombia or Brazil, only DR. he'd never shut up and always talked over me (he didnt care what I had to say apparently). He could ONLY talk about sex. Nothing else interests him from cars, to sports, to politics, computers, money, feminism. NOTHING. He had stinky breath that stunk up the car. Stinky feet and insisted on keeping his shoes off. I found it hard to inhale air when around him.

I could go on, but the point is made.
Last edited by Adama on June 10th, 2018, 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Hero wrote:
Insidious wrote:
Maybe browse tagged.com?

Master
Junior Poster
Location: Insane Asylum, Strip Joints, Playboy Mansion, Public Enemies List No.1, Harley Quinn's Heart

Post by Master »

Point taken

Where did you find this animal? And why do you surround yourself with idiots?
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Insidious wrote:
Maybe browse tagged.com?
I did, and wasn't impressed
Travel Dude
Freshman Poster

Post by Travel Dude »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:Funny, today is my last day of a short trip to the DR. I would not return.

Aside from the grinding poverty, the women are not that attractive unless you fancy black women of various shades or you are into the rampant prostitution.

The hotels are mediocre at best, and the scams are everywhere, especially the taxi drivers. Gangs of impoverished boys will harass you for money, and creepy guys coming up trying to be your "friend" are an everyday occurrence.

I see western men every now and then, but the women they are with are old and ugly. I have seen maybe two girls here that are what I would call attractive.

This place is not for the man of discriminating taste.
I agree with you....I was in Puerta Plata in the DR. For me, the women were the worst in Latin America. None were sweet and most of the women were on the rough side. Yes there were tons of working girls but for a girlfriend or wife, forget it.
well-informed
Freshman Poster

Post by well-informed »

I'm dominican myself and the thing it is everytime i go there, the girls just get uglier and more unappealing by the years.

When i was on a 2-month vacation in DR at 14 i basically had the best-looking girlfriend around my neighborhood. Honestly this girl already peaked to a fully-developed body at 14 and i lost my virginity to her :)
Fast forward to 2011 my ex-gf is now 20 and looks like a cow she's probably 160 now. Just wait until she has her first child, oh boy

Whenever i go there i just f**k'em and dump them, girls find me cute(it helps that i'm a american citizen too) so might as well as have fun

I've realized things about dominican women that you should know about them if you're interested

1. Dominican diet is absolutely high in fat because almost EVERYTHING IS FRIED. Add that to the fact that everyone eats in big portions in a culture that eats an abundance of food.
2. From 13-23 those are basically the peak years where i find dominican women to be at it's most attractive. After 25, a lot of the girls not all them just really let themselves go. Because they still have the same high-fat diet, they don't work out because there is absolutely no exercise-culture in DR whatsover. Girls that do go to the gym are in the minority like spoiled-rich girls, gold-diggers, attention-seekers, etc
3. Foreign men are targets for scams, green-cards, visas, etc because they will you what you want to hear. And there are still idiots out there paying her bills while they don't get any p***y. I just get amazed how stupid some men can be.
4. There are marriage-minded dominican women who would make great wives, but you're going to have to look hard. Me being dominican helps more than the average gringo because i speak perfect spanish, i have family and i know the culture already.

To be honest Dominican women are not worth it IMO (if you sponsor her, she'll be americanized it'S just a matter of how long), they're are just so much more better looking women out there in other parts of the world.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

I agree as well, I have been looking at some DR based Marriage/Dating sites and have been underwhelmed to put it mildly. Out of few hundred profiles and pictures I only found a handful attractive. I don't have a problem with Black Women, in fact if I were to marry a "Black Woman" she would not be from the United States but maybe DR where they tend to be lighter in color, a true mix of Latina and African blood, along with some typical African features - :roll:

The best looking Latinas come from the largest countries Agentina, Brazil, Colombia, Chile. Lesser known countries like Peru and Uruguay also have good looking women but like DR have grinding poverty.

I'm encouraged by some of the couple's pictures I have seen on Latin Euro. The woman with Black Men aren't that great looking but not ugly either. I think Brazilian women, followed by Colombians are going to be a tough nut to crack. Not impossible but I'd say on the same level as Eastern Europeans in terms of difficulty to land.

On ISG, there's a mild discussion about Black Men and their chances elsewhere in the world. I tend to agree that our best hope unfortunately is inside Western/Anglo culture. These are the women most exposed not only to Black Men in entertainment but also successful Black Men in business or career not just in Sports or in Entertainment. That works in our favor. Because of the internet and Sat TV, the exposure is spreading to places where most locals only know poor Blacks. But old stereotypes are hard to break, which gives me hope in Eastern Europe.

Hard choices to make and likely expensive too.
Fenix
Junior Poster

Post by Fenix »

E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Re: Whats so obnoxious about obnoxious?

Post by E_Irizarry »

Adama wrote:
Master wrote:Why was the guy so obnoxious? And did it matter since supposably you were there to get p***y not to hang out?

He didnt want to go to Colombia or Brazil, only DR. But the main thing is that he was loud and obnoxious like a bitch, he'd never shut up and always talked over me (he didnt give a shit what I had to say apparently). He could ONLY talk about sex. Nothing else interests him from cars, to sports, to politics, computers, money, feminism. NOTHING. He had stinky breath that stunk up the car. Stinky feet and insisted on keeping his shoes off. I found it hard to inhale air when around him.

I could go on, but the point is made.
LMAO Damn!
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!