Dominican Republic

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
theprimebait
Junior Poster

Post by theprimebait »

The problem with Dr is unless you date middle class girls,you're gonna be doing p4p or semi-p4p.most women there are hoes,and they don't date you without presents.

the problem with sosua is its the mostly black part of the dominican republic,and most of them are ugly and monkey looking.the light skinned mulattos and Quadroons are usually middle class and these are the stunners,but they rarely ever do p4p!and you need to access their social circle to get them,but they hate foreigners and especially gringos!

I'm talking girls like this

I think santiago has these types,but the major p4p destiantions there do NOT.most of them are fat monkey looking bitches with weaves!out of all the dominican p4p I've engaged in I was very dissappointed.

I think cape verde has similar women that are easier and also not all p4p.I think colombia has similar women(big assed triguenas)but also cheaper and ,better quality.

I think dominican republic is way overrated and like most''default''places gonna be quiet dissappointing.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Hey, does anyone know if you can hire a car and driver for a day to take you on an excursion to another town (e.g. Santo Domingo to Puerto Plata and back)? How much would that cost?
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Hero wrote:Hey, does anyone know if you can hire a car and driver for a day to take you on an excursion to another town (e.g. Santo Domingo to Puerto Plata and back)? How much would that cost?
Why would you do that?

You can take a very nice bus (Caribe I think) right direct to the nice area of Santo Domingo for a very reasonable price (I'm thinking maybe well under 1,000 Pesos or so) and getting to Puerto Plata is a piece of cake (just take a caro or route taxi) for like 25 Pesos.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Rock wrote:
Hero wrote:Hey, does anyone know if you can hire a car and driver for a day to take you on an excursion to another town (e.g. Santo Domingo to Puerto Plata and back)? How much would that cost?
Why would you do that?

You can take a very nice bus (Caribe I think) right direct to the nice area of Santo Domingo for a very reasonable price (I'm thinking maybe well under 1,000 Pesos or so) and getting to Puerto Plata is a piece of cake (just take a caro or route taxi) for like 25 Pesos.
Are Caros or Route Taxis faster than the bus?
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Hero wrote:
Rock wrote:
Why would you do that?

Sosua is just next door to Puerto Plata. You would use a caro (route taxi) for that and the ride would probably be just 20 minutes.

Sosua to Santo Domingo is gonna be over 2 hours so fastest way is a bus with only a handful of quick stops. Inquire about Caribe Tours or other deluxe buses which terminate at the capital. I believe there is a small bus station for Caribe at the gas station very near all the hotels and tourist beach area of Sosua.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
djfourmoney wrote:....I agree with EZ, most immigrant women are less worse than native born women for variety of reasons. The reason its only 50% better Irizarry its because busted down simps have burned down these women with their bullsh*t. So whatever naively positive thoughts they had about American men goes right down the tube.
Yeah a lot of it has to do with that and with neo-feminism too.
I think this is overblown though. Personal experience also makes people myopic and I know that's hard to prevent, even I am guilty of it at times.

I will say that because of the questionable education practices and lack of critical thinking in Latin America, that some immigrants can be drawn into supporting extreme feminism by saying men are "threats" to their personal safety. However that still doesn't absolve men from stupid, ratchet behavior, considering how many men are born into single parent households especially Black men.

Broke men with nothing to lose and with no serious career/self-employed prospects are able to date naive immigrant women because they give these guys the benefit of the doubt.

The key is getting to them first if you are upstanding, productive citizen.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

theprimebait wrote:The problem with Dr is unless you date middle class girls,you're gonna be doing p4p or semi-p4p.most women there are hoes,and they don't date you without presents.

the problem with sosua is its the mostly black part of the dominican republic,and most of them are ugly and monkey looking.the light skinned mulattos and Quadroons are usually middle class and these are the stunners,but they rarely ever do p4p!and you need to access their social circle to get them,but they hate foreigners and especially gringos!

I'm talking girls like this

I think santiago has these types,but the major p4p destiantions there do NOT.most of them are fat monkey looking bitches with weaves!out of all the dominican p4p I've engaged in I was very dissappointed.

I think cape verde has similar women that are easier and also not all p4p.I think colombia has similar women(big assed triguenas)but also cheaper and ,better quality.

I think dominican republic is way overrated and like most''default''places gonna be quiet disappointing.
I don't think Hero is considering P4P and while Dominican Republic is maybe slightly overrated, that's only because the vast majority of men going down there -

For marriage are older White men or Black men looking to replace African-American women with Dominicans of Afro descent (mostly).

For P4P, they go pretty much every place you just mentioned, but Sosua has become popular because P4P has the lowest prices and lodging is cheaper than the majority of DR.

It just means you'll have to dig deeper to find attractive women who aren't burned out by age 30.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Rock wrote:
Hero wrote:
Rock wrote:
Why would you do that?

Sosua is just next door to Puerto Plata. You would use a caro (route taxi) for that and the ride would probably be just 20 minutes.

Sosua to Santo Domingo is gonna be over 2 hours so fastest way is a bus with only a handful of quick stops. Inquire about Caribe Tours or other deluxe buses which terminate at the capital. I believe there is a small bus station for Caribe at the gas station very near all the hotels and tourist beach area of Sosua.
Thanks Rock. Do you remember exactly how long it takes Caribe to get from Santo Domingo to Sosua? I looked at their website but couldn't find any kind of a timetable.

Also, if I want to take a tour of Santo Domingo with a date, I still think my best option would be to hire a driver for the day. That will impress her a lot more than public transportation or taxis.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Re: Whats so obnoxious about obnoxious?

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

Adama wrote:
Master wrote:Why was the guy so obnoxious? And did it matter since supposably you were there to get p***y not to hang out?

Would you be willing to risk your life over getting laid?
He didnt want to go to Colombia or Brazil, only DR. But the main thing is that he was loud and obnoxious like a bitch, he'd never shut up and always talked over me (he didnt give a shit what I had to say apparently). He could ONLY talk about sex. Nothing else interests him from cars, to sports, to politics, computers, money, feminism. NOTHING. He had stinky breath that stunk up the car. Stinky feet and insisted on keeping his shoes off. I found it hard to inhale air when around him.

I could go on, but the point is made.
Funny, I met a guy also who goes to DR all the time. He's fanatical about the place and was willing to pick me up at the airport in DR and show me around. Thing is, I turned down his offer because he was a bit too fanatical about the place and was obnoxious.

I think some men change once they get all the p*** they can handle.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:Funny, today is my last day of a short trip to the DR. I would not return.

Aside from the grinding poverty, the women are not that attractive unless you fancy black women of various shades or you are into the rampant p4p.

The hotels are mediocre at best, and the scams are everywhere, especially the taxi drivers. Gangs of impoverished boys will harass you for money, and creepy guys coming up trying to be your "friend" are an everyday occurrence.

I see western men every now and then, but the women they are with are old and ugly. I have seen maybe two girls here that are what I would call attractive.

This place is not for the man of discriminating taste.
I think it depends on where you go... Sousa/Playa Alicia is the nice part..
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Travel Dude wrote:
Contrarian Expatriate wrote:Funny, today is my last day of a short trip to the DR. I would not return.

Aside from the grinding poverty, the women are not that attractive unless you fancy black women of various shades or you are into the rampant p4p.

The hotels are mediocre at best, and the scams are everywhere, especially the taxi drivers. Gangs of impoverished boys will harass you for money, and creepy guys coming up trying to be your "friend" are an everyday occurrence.

I see western men every now and then, but the women they are with are old and ugly. I have seen maybe two girls here that are what I would call attractive.

I agree with you....I was in Puerta Plata in the DR. For me, the women were the worst in Latin America. None were sweet and most of the women were on the rough side. Yes there were tons of working girls but for a girlfriend or wife, forget it.
Also, remember there are women there from Haiti. Haitian women have a different look then Dominican women.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Hero wrote:
Rock wrote:
Hero wrote:
Rock wrote:
Why would you do that?

Thanks Rock. Do you remember exactly how long it takes Caribe to get from Santo Domingo to Sosua? I looked at their website but couldn't find any kind of a timetable.

Also, if I want to take a tour of Santo Domingo with a date, I still think my best option would be to hire a driver for the day. That will impress her a lot more than public transportation or taxis.
It's easy for you being there just to walk to the gas station I mentioned and inquire. Trip to Santo Domingo would be 2-3 hours I remember. Santiago is even closer, like around 1 hours plus.

Yes, you can find a driver if you like. Try to find one with a nice car who is easy for you to talk with (clicks with you and has lots of good information). And of course inquire beforehand about market prices. You might wanna shoot for driver in mid-30s to early 40s. Too young and he may be too short term in his thinking and try to screw you all the time. Too old and he will be more disconnected with the scene and perhaps tire too easily.

I do think your wanting to "impress her" with your willingness and ability to spend money is the wrong attitude. No wonder gringos attract gold diggers so easily. If a girl hangs out with you when you budget everything, she may still consider you well-off and be interested in hanging out with your cus you have some money to spend. But...her expectations will be a lot lower and easier to manage. When I was in Santo Domingo, I stayed in a decent room with everything for 1,200 Pesos a night, often took public transport (buses and carros), ate out in value-for-money types of places, and when I had dates, would take them out in this fashion often. Girls who can roll with all that tend to be more down to earth and more enjoyable to be with assuming they aren't the super poor/desperate types which I always avoid. If a girl proves her worth, you can take her out to a nice place once in awhile, etc. But going local in early phase is a strong test if you are looking for girls you can really develop friendships with and make some sort of connection with.

For gold digger types, why waste money impressing them. Cut the the chase and exchange cash for intimacy more directly. It will save a lot of time and money.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

NorthAmericanguy wrote:

Sousa the nice part? Joking right. Sousa is kinda similar to Angeles City/Pattaya. Santo Domingo and Santiago have lots of classy looking, some quite pretty or hot, regular girls, students, etc. If you go to upscale malls in Santo Domingo, you will see a lot of them. Many are light caramel colored and some (in upscale areas) are even white.

What distinguishes DR from many other countries is that some of these classier looking girls are sometimes up for hook-ups or sugar daddy type arrangements if you approach them in right way about it. I met an older white skinned Dominican dude who would sometimes chat up such girls and get something like this going. If you wanna go it the non-P4P route, it's quite possible too if you are "qualified enough". And I believe the standards for being qualified there are significantly lower than in an Anglo country at least.

If you wanna see what's really possible, get away from the blatant P4P scene. Hang-out in upscale areas in capital. Try to make connections with decent Domicans (guys and girls). And expand possibilities by going online (English and Spanish sites), filter out obvious gold diggers, and also consider smaller cities and towns.

Yes, there are a lot of Haitians in certain parts of the country. I reckon DR is a better place to meet Haitian girls than Haiti itself. Why? Because in DR, they're going to know Spanish most likely and perhaps even decent English. In Haiti, most just speak Haitian Creole or if educated, perhaps decent French too. Also, some of the traditions in Haiti are downright mid-evil with some of them. That part of the culture tends to get watered down after they've spent a lot of time living in DR.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Rock wrote:
NorthAmericanguy wrote:

Sousa the nice part? Joking right. Sousa is kinda similar to Angeles City/Pattaya. Santo Domingo and Santiago have lots of classy looking, some quite pretty or hot, regular girls, students, etc. If you go to upscale malls in Santo Domingo, you will see a lot of them. Many are light caramel colored and some (in upscale areas) are even white.

What distinguishes DR from many other countries is that some of these classier looking girls are sometimes up for hook-ups or sugar daddy type arrangements if you approach them in right way about it. I met an older white skinned Dominican dude who would sometimes chat up such girls and get something like this going. If you wanna go it the non-P4P route, it's quite possible too if you are "qualified enough". And I believe the standards for being qualified there are significantly lower than in an Anglo country at least.

If you wanna see what's really possible, get away from the blatant P4P scene. Hang-out in upscale areas in capital. Try to make connections with decent Domicans (guys and girls). And expand possibilities by going online (English and Spanish sites), filter out obvious gold diggers, and also consider smaller cities and towns.

Yes, there are a lot of Haitians in certain parts of the country. I reckon DR is a better place to meet Haitian girls than Haiti itself. Why? Because in DR, they're going to know Spanish most likely and perhaps even decent English. In Haiti, most just speak Haitian Creole or if educated, perhaps decent French too. Also, some of the traditions in Haiti are downright mid-evil with some of them. That part of the culture tends to get watered down after they've spent a lot of time living in DR.
I was watching a independent 25 mins documentary about Black immigrants coming into Brazil, its on - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vqu0W9K9Nxg

One of the men mentioned when asked about religion, he said Voodoo. So yes very privative/stone age sort of stuff.

Like I said most men visiting DR are there for one thing and one thing only because it would take far too much effort to bag a civilian. They also spend their time where P4P is easy and affordable (under $100 per session). Why go to expensive places when most of the women appear stuck up? Stuck up? Let me get this straight, you're a mid 40's, 50 something White guy and you expect poorer Dominicans to automatically consider you for casual sex?

Long term visitors and expats get caught in some sort of limbo between P4P and civilian women, yet they mostly stay in P4P friendly areas.

If you're serious about finding a long term relationship in DR, you have options but you are required to go into the country and speak some Spanish.

What happens though is that we get a distortion in the economy. Men who want to be able to say they don't pay for sex will chase civies with and become more and more frustrated with their limited success saying "you better look like Brad Pitt" in order to bed these women. False, but if that's what they want to believe, fine.

However the women that are harassed by men that could be their father have a positive albeit naive view of Americans, especially White men. So that is shattered when some greying White guy with a pot belly and bermuda shorts tries to buy them a drink inside a civilian bar/disco.

That automatically makes it hard for those that are younger (in direct comparison with the younger men they deal with) and those who are older who are compared directly with the type of men I just mentioned.

This is why I have stressed on here to NOT TO BE THAT GUY! I don't care if you are comfortable being that guy, just don't do it or just stay home!
jasonstone
Freshman Poster

Post by jasonstone »