Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Need Health insurance for USA/colombia

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Need Health insurance for USA/colombia

Postby salsero » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:59 am

I am looking for health insurance companies which will cover me in Colombia. My USA insurance just ended since I left the job. I am looking for something which will cover me in Colombia and USA or just cover me in USA but pay to fly me in case of emergency using helicopter or whatever way they do it.

Any ideas? I searched online but haven't found anything.
salsero
Freshman Poster

Postby gsjackson » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:16 am

BUPA, a large British company, will insure you in all sorts of countries, probably including Colombia. Adding in the U.S. (to coverage in virtually the entire rest of the world) about doubles the premium though. Only here is gaming the insurance companies (i.e., profiteering, unnecessary middlemen) an enormous part of medical costs.
gsjackson
Experienced Poster

Postby MrPeabody » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:33 am

They have private health insurance companies in Colombia. If you have a residence visa, I would go with that.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Return to Latin America, Mexico, Central America