Do latin women go for skinny guys?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
drealm
Junior Poster

Do latin women go for skinny guys?

Post by drealm »

Latin culture is ultra machismo. This boils down to men in latin America championing strength and brute force stupidity above all else. While most latin men I see aren't cut like Arnold, most do seem to be naturally fat. Being fat doesn't equal strength, but it does command more "machismo" than being skinny. I say this as someone who's a quarter Mexican and who has distant family that meets these observations.

However the rest of my none-mexican genes are cut from a different cloth. As a result, I'm very skinny, around 120lb. Would this be a turn off to latin women who are expecting to be dominated by 200lb fatasses? If so I may fare better in Asia, where skinny men are more common.
onezero4u
Freshman Poster

Post by onezero4u »

money trumps fat
marriage is a 3 ring circus: engagement ring, wedding ring and then suffering.
keius
Freshman Poster

Post by keius »

But all things being equal, my impression is that latin women don't go for skinny very much. There's always the exceptions but i'm generalizing.

Personally, i think anyone that's skinny can easily fix that right up. A protein shake, eating well, and working out couple times a week will do the job.

And yes, i know, that's sometimes easier said than done.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

...it's easier to get fat than it is to get skinny.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Do latin women go for skinny guys?

Post by Rock »

drealm wrote:Latin culture is ultra machismo. This boils down to men in latin America championing strength and brute force stupidity above all else. While most latin men I see aren't cut like Arnold, most do seem to be naturally fat. Being fat doesn't equal strength, but it does command more "machismo" than being skinny. I say this as someone who's a quarter Mexican and who has distant family that meets these observations.

However the rest of my none-mexican genes are cut from a different cloth. As a result, I'm very skinny, around 120lb. Would this be a turn off to latin women who are expecting to be dominated by 200lb fatasses? If so I may fare better in Asia, where skinny men are more common.
Mexico does not equal all of Latin America. In the south American countries I've visited, people tend to be much slimmer than Mexicans on average. Brazilians are hedonists and many work-out big time. But the most popular look is a slimish and cut beach build with a great tan, much better than being a bit fat guy I think.

A very slim and well dressed guy with a good face should be generally well received in countries like Colombia, Argentina, and Brazil unless he looks starved or something (at 120 lbs., how tall are you?).
drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

Rock wrote:
drealm wrote:Latin culture is ultra machismo. This boils down to men in latin America championing strength and brute force stupidity above all else. While most latin men I see aren't cut like Arnold, most do seem to be naturally fat. Being fat doesn't equal strength, but it does command more "machismo" than being skinny. I say this as someone who's a quarter Mexican and who has distant family that meets these observations.

Mexico does not equal all of Latin America. In the south American countries I've visited, people tend to be much slimmer than Mexicans on average. Brazilians are hedonists and many work-out big time. But the most popular look is a slimish and cut beach build with a great tan, much better than being a bit fat guy I think.

A very slim and well dressed guy with a good face should be generally well received in countries like Colombia, Argentina, and Brazil unless he looks starved or something (at 120 lbs., how tall are you?).
5'8
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

drealm wrote:
Rock wrote:

5'8
Regular height in much of Latin America. But at 120 lbs., your BMI is just a tad over 18 which puts you just under the line of being underweight according to WHO standards, even if you have small bones. With an aggressive work-out and eating regime for building muscle, you could probably get-up to 130-140 and look much better, completely fit and buff. I think 120 lbs. is a bit too skinny for your stature.
Tapatio89
Freshman Poster

Post by Tapatio89 »

Dont know what type of Latin people you have met, but judging your description, seems you hang out with lower middle class and below as they tend to be fat here in Mexico.

I am Mexican and I am far from being fat. I weigh 130 lbs at 5'7" tall and carry only 10% body fat. I know many other Mexicans in my social circle who are slender or even quite muscular (my best friend is a muscular/athletic guy). I would say that us Mexicans with more Mediterranean genes are on average more slender than the ones with more Native or even Germanic genes.

And you cannot talk about fatness when the US has a lot of fat people as well :mrgreen: . Heck, by both Mexican and American standards, I am considered thin, and have been called gracile, slender, thin, skinny, trim and scrawny. It was hard to find clothes that fit me in the US because most people in the US are fat. I think you can relate with me on this since you are also slender.
Tapatio89
Freshman Poster

Post by Tapatio89 »

Being skinny is not seen as bad in Mexico with Latin chicks. In fact, the most attractive Mexican girls prefer the slim but with a defined chest guy than the fat guy. I am also slender like yourself (130 lbs) at 5'7" tall, and whilst I am slender, I do have a defined chest (I am 2/3 ectomorph and 1/3 mesomorph), and I never had a problem dating good looking Mexican girls. I also have seen very skinny guys pulling hot chicks as well.

How they do it? Simple. Have confidence, they dress stylish, they have money or a good job, and are funny or charming. That is how I and other slim Mexican guys pull up chicks, and even fare much better than your so called stocky "macho" guys, who most likely are too poor about being fit and eat too much fried food those fellows.
Tapatio89
Freshman Poster

Post by Tapatio89 »

Rock wrote:
drealm wrote:
Rock wrote:

5'8
Regular height in much of Latin America. But at 120 lbs., your BMI is just a tad over 18 which puts you just under the line of being underweight according to WHO standards, even if you have small bones. With an aggressive work-out and eating regime for building muscle, you could probably get-up to 130-140 and look much better, completely fit and buff. I think 120 lbs. is a bit too skinny for your stature.
How about myself at 5'7" tall and weighting 130 lbs with a small body/bone frame?