Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Goal: Visit Costa Rica

What's your story? Discussions your reasons for going abroad.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Goal: Visit Costa Rica

Postby Ralph in Miami » September 4th, 2017, 4:48 am

Good Evening everyone,

Costa Rica is a place I've always wanted to visit. Has anyone ever been there? Would like to go in the first half of next year. My parents are Cuban American but my communication in Spanish can stumble if people talk fast, will improve. If anyone can refer to some resources in regard to Costa Rica I would appreicate this. I would prefer if there was a group package that goes since its my first time.

Thank You.
Ralph in Miami
Freshman Poster

Check out our Dating Sites and HA International Romance Tours!

Re: Goal: Visit Costa Rica

Postby TD-40 » September 17th, 2017, 9:59 pm

I haven't been there but I know someone who did multiple times. He said it really is not a safe place right now. Everyone has bars on their windows. There is a rising crime rate apparently. And if you are a foreigner you can be assured that you will be less safe than the natives.

That's all I have on CR. Good luck if you go but keep an eye out.
TD-40
Freshman Poster

Re: Goal: Visit Costa Rica

Postby Ralph in Miami » September 18th, 2017, 11:59 pm

I thought it was one of the freest countries in Latin America. They are relatively Libertarian compared to most.
Ralph in Miami
Freshman Poster

Return to Why Go Abroad? Tell Your Story and Reasons