Why do many of you want to go abroad but never do?

What's your story? Discussions your reasons for going abroad.
YourTrustedAdvisor
Freshman Poster

Re: Why do many of you want to go abroad but never do?

Post by YourTrustedAdvisor »

Winston wrote: My weight is the same. It refuses to change. If I go back to China I will lose some though. China is happier, Taiwan is miserable and repressed.
Winston, my main man :D

"Shoot for the moon. Because even if you miss, you'll land among the stars."

~ YourTrustedAdvisor
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder »

Winston wrote:
YourTrustedAdvisor wrote:
Winston wrote: This one is about the great and famous Russian novelist Fyodor Dostoyevsky, who wrote epics such as "War and Peace".

Winston! How's the weight loss program going?

Dostoyevsky never wrote "War and Peace"!

It was Tolstoy!

Take care, buddy! :D

~ YourTrustedAdvisor
Thanks. I fixed that. My weight is the same. It refuses to change. If I go back to China I will lose some though. China is happier, Taiwan is miserable and repressed.

Whose "trusted advisor" are you? And who are you anyway? You act like you know me and care about me. And you've appointed yourself someone's advisor too it seems. lol
Of course Taiwan would be repressed. They have 1.4 billion Chinamen trying to eradicate their existence as a nation and make them into just more Chinamen. Actually they don't even acknowledge their existence. Taiwan must feel like a big fat chick is sitting on your face and you are trying to breath. Like any nation acknowledges Taiwan and China will not acknowledge you.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

El_Caudillo wrote:Winston, the guy who makes these videos is Alan de Botton - a famous Swiss-English lecturer, author and TV presenter. I have been watching him for some time - this is one of my favourite vids of his
Have you seen his videos on relationships? They are very pessimistic and grim and narrow. He repeats the same thing over and over again. He assumes that all couples argue everyday and are unhappy and dissatisfied. Just because he's never had a peaceful relationship doesn't mean no one else has. There are couples that live together peacefully and happily without arguing everyday.

He also seems to have never left the West. He assumes all couples all over the world are the same. And that men and women are at equal fault for everything. He's obviously never been to the Philippines, where girls are simple and easygoing and do not argue about little things. I hate narrow guys who think western couples represent the whole world or that his experiences speak for everybody. That's very narrow and arrogant and untrue as well. He can only speak for himself, not for others.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

Winston wrote: Have you seen his videos on relationships? They are very pessimistic and grim and narrow. He repeats the same thing over and over again. He assumes that all couples argue everyday and are unhappy and dissatisfied. Just because he's never had a peaceful relationship doesn't mean no one else has. There are couples that live together peacefully and happily without arguing everyday.
I've never seen these peaceful couples, perhaps, except in the Philippines. Nowhere else have I ever seen them. Being non confrontational is a huge part of their culture. Here in China there's no such thing. Not only do they argue all the time, but they are frakking loud!! I won't even get into the slapping each other around in the streets.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
El_Caudillo
Freshman Poster

Post by El_Caudillo »

Have you seen his videos on relationships? They are very pessimistic and grim and narrow. He repeats the same thing over and over again. He assumes that all couples argue everyday and are unhappy and dissatisfied. Just because he's never had a peaceful relationship doesn't mean no one else has. There are couples that live together peacefully and happily without arguing everyday.

He also seems to have never left the West. He assumes all couples all over the world are the same. And that men and women are at equal fault for everything. He's obviously never been to the Philippines, where girls are simple and easygoing and do not argue about little things. I hate narrow guys who think western couples represent the whole world or that his experiences speak for everybody. That's very narrow and arrogant and untrue as well. He can only speak for himself, not for others.
In De Botton's case I'm not very interested in his original work, but I do think he is good at presenting the basic ideas of Western philosophers. Sure we can criticize him for being limited to the West in his viewpoints...although I'm sure he dabbles in some Eastern philosophy. I'm not sure that's a reason to hate him. No one man can give us all the wisdom we need of course. I have experience from many places in South America, Oceania and Asia for example. Perhaps I would make some breakthroughs in my knowledge, experience in the Philippines and Japan. But to be honest I think it could destroy me....I'm not suggesting I have much wisdom anyway.
Even Billy knows that, just ask Mr S!
Jonny Law
Experienced Poster

Post by Jonny Law »

The_Adventurer wrote:
Winston wrote: Have you seen his videos on relationships? They are very pessimistic and grim and narrow. He repeats the same thing over and over again. He assumes that all couples argue everyday and are unhappy and dissatisfied. Just because he's never had a peaceful relationship doesn't mean no one else has. There are couples that live together peacefully and happily without arguing everyday.
I've never seen these peaceful couples, perhaps, except in the Philippines. Nowhere else have I ever seen them. Being non confrontational is a huge part of their culture. Here in China there's no such thing. Not only do they argue all the time, but they are frakking loud!! I won't even get into the slapping each other around in the streets.

I AGREE!!!

Philippines is the one place I recommend for relationships.

Thailand women are only good for pump-and-dumps. I have been in Thailand for about 5 months. I cannot tell the difference a Thai prostitute and a regular Thai girl. They are still much better than American women. Just watch you money with a Thai woman.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

For me it was resources- transportation, tickets for it, funds for that, passport (possibly VISA or citizenship & all the paperwork for that- even finding what is needed for that). That seems to be largely cleared away & now I'm just tying up some loose ends.

Going to try to get in better shape, learn some language of some form (I'll likely take some stuff with me & might even get into a language school), and get going. I have a little bit of an issue finding the "first steps." I had a problem with finding where to look for anything- nowhere to ask about the subject. I had some money issues that seem to be clearing up. Might leave this November.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Maybe this book will help some of you who want to go abroad but don't.

Taming Your Gremlin (Revised Edition): A Surprisingly Simple Method for Getting Out of Your Own Way
by Rick Carson (Author)

This is a completely updated edition of the 1983 classic that introduced a powerful method for gaining freedom from self-defeating behaviors and beliefs. Rick Carson, creator of the renowned Gremlin-Taming™ Method, has revised the book to include fresh interactive activities, real-life vignettes we can all identify with, and new loathsome gremlins ripe for taming. Carson blends his laid-back style, Taoist wisdom, the Zen Theory of Change, and sound psychology in an easy-to-understand, unique, and practical system for banishing the nemesis within. Among the things you will learn are:

* Techniques for getting a sliver of light between the natural you and the monster of your mind.
* The extraordinary power of simply noticing and playing with options.
* Six keys to maintaining emotional balance amid upheaval.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
FutureHorizon
Freshman Poster

Post by FutureHorizon »

What an excellent share thanks Winston.
johnexpert
Freshman Poster

Post by johnexpert »

This is an excellent share thanks Winston. Keep sharing such useful shares. There are many reasons behind this. Some of them don't go due to financial issues while some of them are not eligible to go. I live in London working in employment and recruitment agencies Ruislip UK. :)
traveller
Junior Poster

Post by traveller »

Winston wrote:I don't think this has been brought up yet, so I'll be the first to do it.

I don't understand something. Why is it that so many of you guys here always praise and cheer the concept of going abroad for a better love life and more natural lifestyle, yet you just talk about it for years and never actually do it?

Isn't that illogical? What is the real reason for that? I know you guys will say "I don't have the money" or "I have obligations to take care of first", but come on, how can it take years? I mean, even if you work a minimum wage job, you could save up $800 for a plane ticket in two months if you wanted to. And if it were a life or death emergency, you could get out of the USA tomorrow if you had to.

So what's the real excuse? Is it fear, procrastination, laziness, or addiction to misery? Any idea?

Now, I'm not just talking about moving abroad, I'm talking about traveling abroad for a few weeks too. A lot of you don't even do that, even though it would only cost a few thousand dollars.

It's strange how so many can talk about it and want to do it, yet never do it. You guys know who you are, and I don't mean to try to blame you, but I think there must be some kind of "deep emotional block" underneath all the excuses, that's preventing you guys from doing what you want. If so, isn't it important to identify it so that it can be removed? Perhaps we can help trace the root causes here. This is obviously important, because it's affecting a large percentage of you guys. So we need to find out the real underlying cause. Don't you agree?

Any suggestions as to how we can do this?
I have autism and am very poor. Also, very few other countries have Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, Disability income, and such. In many other countries, if you can not work due to disability (autism, alzheimer's, cerebral palsy, spina bifita, polio, Down's syndrome, wheelchair bound, etc), you'll starve and be homeless.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check this out guys. My friend kairosan is promoting this program for those of you who can't afford to buy an international plane ticket to go abroad. It teaches you how to take advantage of loopholes in frequent flyer miles so that you can buy $1000 plane tickets for $20. Maybe this will help some of you to go abroad?

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11668&p=300730#p300730

Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Post by Bao3niang »

As for myself, I'm somewhere in the middle of the road. I am fully aware of the fact that happiness isn't found in the West, especially the Anglo-Saxon nations, but I'm not the kind with a never-rending sense of wanderlust. I'm definitely not one of those serial travelers and men who constantly date women for the sake of 'experiences.' My goal is to find a place where I can put down some roots and have someone I'm committed to. I like to travel and see new places (though I'm not interested in certain parts of the world), but my true sense of fulfillment comes from a simple and peaceful life. I don't crave excitement for the sake of finding excitement. If I had to choose between being a chronic nomad versus being someone with a simple family life, I'd definitely choose the latter. Perhaps I'll have a renewed approach to things further down the road, but not before my key objectives are met early on in life. At the end of the day, I'd rather tell myself that I was right to have kept things simple and found a simple sense of fulfillment, rather than having had a taste of almost everything, yet ended up with nothing.
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Post by TruthSeeker »

Winston wrote:Check this out guys. My friend kairosan is promoting this program for those of you who can't afford to buy an international plane ticket to go abroad. It teaches you how to take advantage of loopholes in frequent flyer miles so that you can buy $1000 plane tickets for $20. Maybe this will help some of you to go abroad?

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11668&p=300730#p300730
flyfreeacademy.com has low safe rating on scamadviser
https://www.scamadviser.com/is-flyfreea ... -safe.html

I tried to find the price of the "course" these people are hawking but couldn't easily find it (you need to provide an email address). I watched part of the video and the way it is supposed to work is you apply for credit cards and do your "normal" spending through these cards to accumulate points to get free flights. But that's a no brainer. You can already do that without a course.

The danger here is that someone will apply for these credit cards and then drown in debt, high interest rates and service charges.

And the other thing is your plane ticket is only a small fraction of your travel expenses. What about when you get there? You have to pay accommodation, transportation, meals and other expenses.

There are no free lunches.
Last edited by TruthSeeker on November 1st, 2017, 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Post by TruthSeeker »

Here is the scamadviser report on flyfreeacademy.com
Title: Book $1,000 Flights for $20
Description: description for your awesome landing page
Type: flights

Domain Age: 1 Years, 300 Days
Last Refreshed: Just now
Website Speed: Fast
Website Value: $1744.77

Organisation: WHOISGUARD, INC.
Owner: WHOISGUARD PROTECTED
Owner Address: P.O. BOX 0823-03411
Owner City: PANAMA
Owner Postcode: 00000
Phone Number: +507.8365503
Phone Type: VoIP telephony : Panamá Skycom Communication, S.A. / Galaxy Communication, Corp
Email:

Owner Country : Hidden
Website Location : United States

Probable website origin :-

89%; Unknown

6%; Panama

5%; United States

Notes:-
The owner of the website is using a service to hide their identity
This website looks like it's hosted on a compromised server
This website is 1 Years old
The website expected life (366 days) is relatively short.

Analysis Details:-
Although this website appears to be based in United States there are other countries involved and you should review this information carefully and decide if it is as you expect.Although being a new website, does not make it un-trustworthy, as with any new business you should be extra vigilant and do your own research before placing an order or making an investment.
This site is using an anonymous service - which prevents us from identifying the site owner. This can sometimes be just so that the owner does not receive spam, but be aware that many scam sites use this as a method to hide their identify. If this is an ecommerce site - we would suggest you confirm the business address with the website owners.

The website has been newly registered with a short life expectancy, which follows the pattern used by many fraudulent and fake selling websites. Please be vigilant and take extra care before providing any payment information.