Why I left Sweden for Turkey

What's your story? Discussions your reasons for going abroad.
swedpdlr
Freshman Poster

Why I left Sweden for Turkey

Post by swedpdlr »

I quit working almost four years ago, prior to normal pension time - which in Sweden starts from 61 - with very good bonuses and funds from my longtime employer, plus good private investments and earnings. I had enough to spend the rest of my life economically independent. Soon thereafter i sold my house, with nice profit added also, and went to southern Turkey, to find a condo. So I did, and I haven't regretted this for a minute.

Reasons?

1. Sweden is rapidly transformed to a multicultural disaster mix. The "so called" conservative government, after elected, turned into some socialdemoratic copy, also declared the country ought to be more accepting for asylym to refugees. Since then Sweden is the No #1 country in the world, giving permanent stay to all kinds of worthless people, majority from the MENA area, middle east and north Africa. They come en masse, demanding to have special treatment, their own langugage respected in daily life, also now starting to bild mosques, a totally non-swedish culture. Criminality has gone sky-high, ghettos around mainly biggest cities, and rape statistics shows that these imports stands for 94% av of all rapes, including gang rapes, almost never seen in Sweden before. Nowadays Sweden take more Iraqis into a country of only 9.5 million inhabitants, than US does, in cold numbers. No country in the world matches swedish generousity to these "refugees". Swedish prime minister has in his youth written a pamflette, that he "hates how the swedes liv their lifes". And he's doing his best to ruin the ethnic ground Sweden always was based on. Btw, this man has ancestor from african slavery, his grand-grandfathers father was a mulatte cirkus performer from New Jersey, who came to Sweden, made a domestic helper from a baltic country pregnant, this is the background of this treator in power atm. If you walk swedish city streets today, you could as well believe your're in Baghdad or Mogadishu. Unemployed parasites crowding the streets, on social welfare from swedish state, not even urged to learn the swedish language, since they get their kids to be trained in school in their native language. As a consequence of this, elderly care in Sweden, an official obligation for state and community, has fallen to a level never to be expected earlier. Old retired swedes asked if they want half an egg every day a week, or one egg every other day. Many must wait to have a shower in institutions for fourteen days.

I have one connection to Sweden, that's my mom. I've arranged for her to live a problem free life, due to my economic sitation it was nothing I hesitated for.

2. The other reason to leave Sweden (there are more, but I stick to only two, as for a start) is the disastrous climate. Dark, rainy, snowy winters, never reliable, it could go from rain one day, to freezeing cold the next. And next week it starts all over again. From late October until beginning April it's like living in some kind of hell. Then comes the spring, and swedish summer. The summer could be real nice, but often they are not. Two out of three summers are rainy, bathing temperatures never above 18 Celsius, so which thinking individual will accept this, if you have an alternative?

I planned for my departure leaving Sweden during many years of hard work, and those plans became a fact. I don't regret for a minute, and I feel sorry for many swedes, who have to struggle under these sad conditions. Lot's of people are planning to leave, and swedish youngsters, who can't find jobs, will in next election 2014, vote to a very high percent for a growing so called "right wing extremist" party. In Sweden it's 100% political correctness, even the newspapers behave like they were copies of sovjet Pravda, no critique allowed, free voices growing on internet forums and blogs, fortunately. This rather new party has promised to cut asylum immigration down by 90%, and are growing rapidly.

Someone might ask why I settled down in Turkey, a secular but strongly dominated muslim country. I will spare that for now, but if anyone would be interested, I gladly will describe my life and situation in Turkey.

Finally, since female focus is a dominant part of this forum, I have a filipina woman by myside, met with her three years ago, and now we became a couple. My swedish women affairs is history, had a lot of them, married once, but this also is history and never more. Feminism, queer and gay issues are also very dominant parts of swedish society and media, I can add. Maybe this was another reason for my decision to leave Sweden behind.

If you go to Sweden, visit capital Stockholm in July/August, very well spent time, and compared to Norway especially, but even Denmark, swedish neighbour countries, you get much for your money.
ringspun
Freshman Poster

Post by ringspun »

Good luck to you, here in the UK they have extended our pension age to 67 from 65! but you can leave earlier if investments work out of course.

I would be interested to hear the girl scene in Turkey, I understand many are pretty and good brothels too?
swedpdlr
Freshman Poster

Post by swedpdlr »

ringspun wrote:Good luck to you, here in the UK they have extended our pension age to 67 from 65! but you can leave earlier if investments work out of course.

I would be interested to hear the girl scene in Turkey, I understand many are pretty and good brothels too?
The only institute I know of, was shut down a year ago, in Alanya that is. But I notice guys coming home from different popular bars, with russian or ukraine girls attached, not hard to tell the purpose when they enter their hotel entrance. Generally there are many beautiful turkish girls around here. Not all muslim womens are swept in cloth all over, many young and very nice looking, they match most girls in appearance from what I noticed around the world. But I never tried to approach these beauties, after all they most certainly are muslims, and that's not to my liking in relationship. Although, there are mixed pairs to be seen. One of my best friends, a turkish business man and muslim of course, is married to a girl from Poland, catholic. They function very well together, having two kids, so it' really up to individual preference and ambition who to target.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Are Swedish girls approachable? Do they like Asian or Black guys?

Where did the myth of the sexually easy Swedish blonde come from?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

so why turkey? i see the numbers of foreigners are increasing in turkey. shure it´s very cheap compared to european summer destinations.
swedpdlr
Freshman Poster

Post by swedpdlr »

Winston wrote:Are Swedish girls approachable? Do they like Asian or Black guys?

Where did the myth of the sexually easy Swedish blonde come from?
Swedish women were regarded as very beautiful once upon a time, maybe correct, but things have changed considerably. Most women now are emancipated, feminism oriented, career comes before relations, they have their first child beeing close to forty years old, and not at all caring for their looks to attract men as in the old days. The myth should be brought to an end, if you ask me.

I had enough with these women, and I don't recommend any man to have a swedish woman by his side. He will be the underdog in a relation, not someting a real man want to be.
swedpdlr
Freshman Poster

Post by swedpdlr »

Billy wrote:so why turkey? i see the numbers of foreigners are increasing in turkey. shure it´s very cheap compared to european summer destinations.
Turkey for these reasons:
- climate, subtropical, in the south strip from Antalya and east direction, bordering the Mediterrain ocean.
- very affordable prices when bying a condo or house. I bought a flat, best location in Alanya you could ask for, paying 50000 Euro, that is like 65000 USD, 75 square meters, three minuts walking distance to beach. Compared to France and Spain a third of prices in those countries, compared to Hong Kong, where I might establish for personal reasons, almost ten times more expensive there
- friendly people, turks are known to be, also they are good at english language, if not you manage with german also, never need to learn turkish
- cheap to live, 60% lower compared northern Europe where I come from, with exception of imported items
- safety; police, gendarms, army... you walk safe in the streets, but be careful when in eastern parts of the country, bordering Syria, Iraq and Lebanon, ethnic conflicts with kurdish minority is an ongoing 'civil war', but nothing of this in the wealthy tourist/retirement area where I live
- Turkey with a development of BNP, plus 7%, along with China fastest growth atm
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

nice list and very true. the prices are really affordable. 50k euros for a flat at the beach. to buy such a condo is also one of my plans. though at the moment i am in ankara, which is not at the beach but has also nice weather.

but i will definately will check the south in behalf of investment. probably the prises in beach areas will go up in the coming years. specially if turkish boom will continue.
terminator
Junior Poster

Post by terminator »

swedpdlr wrote:
Billy wrote:so why turkey? i see the numbers of foreigners are increasing in turkey. shure it´s very cheap compared to european summer destinations.
- climate, subtropical, in the south strip from Antalya and east direction, bordering the Mediterrain ocean.
- very affordable prices when bying a condo or house. I bought a flat, best location in Alanya you could ask for, paying 50000 Euro, that is like 65000 USD, 75 square meters, three minuts walking distance to beach. Compared to France and Spain a third of prices in those countries, compared to Hong Kong, where I might establish for personal reasons, almost ten times more expensive there
- friendly people, turks are known to be, also they are good at english language, if not you manage with german also, never need to learn turkish
- cheap to live, 60% lower compared northern Europe where I come from, with exception of imported items
- safety; police, gendarms, army... you walk safe in the streets, but be careful when in eastern parts of the country, bordering Syria, Iraq and Lebanon, ethnic conflicts with kurdish minority is an ongoing 'civil war', but nothing of this in the wealthy tourist/retirement area where I live
- Turkey with a development of BNP, plus 7%, along with China fastest growth atm
I found this to be true. Turkey is a great place, except shop-keepers are very persistent and you have to run from the shop if you won't buy anything.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

swedpdlr wrote:
HSBC's research unit has recently placed Turkey in the group of the next BRIC, called CIVETS. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIVETS#Turkey
Turkey has a great growth potential, and it's not in the resources or the economy. It's in the people. Many Turkish universities (Anadolu, Bogazici, ITU, Ege etc.) are world class, as well as being some of the toughest in the world. The male/female population is a healthy 60/40. This new generation of engineers, scientists, doctors, businessmen and policymakers, artists is extremely well endowed to sustain Turkey's growth into a modern regional power without any of the cultural constraints of many other Muslim societies (non-confessional university education is a great legacy of Ataturk's).

It could be just because I have amazing memories of a trip I paid to Turkey in 2006 (I even spent a full week in Alanya!), or because I spoke to a few of these promising students during my time there, or it could be because my home region (Apulia) share the same Levantine roots as Turkey. It could be all that and more, but I have great hopes for Turkey.
swedpdlr
Freshman Poster

Post by swedpdlr »

terminator wrote:
I found this to be true. Turkey is a great place, except shop-keepers are very persistent and you have to run from the shop if you won't buy anything.
Agressive shop-keepers are not allowed anymore to attack outside their shops, not even using sidewalk area for their sales stuff. Cameras overwiewing tourist shop activities another action, initiated by local authorities in Alanya, but not all bordering communities had performed this improvements, for visitors walking unattacked from those sales men.
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

publicduende, for speaking that you could get a great fanclub in turkey. turkey loves foreigners who love turkey.

though you´re points make sense, secular turks are more than afraid that the prime minister tayyip erdogan will try to form turkey to an islamic country like the iranian model.

truth is that tayyip and his akp party are not democrats though they play the system for the last ten years. hopefully he won´t be allowed to do that.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

swedpdlr wrote:
I know where that's at... That's a beach town and lots of Ukrainian women should be around there as well. Also, Turkey is a sex tourist vacation spot for women.
Last edited by NorthAmericanguy on November 5th, 2012, 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Billy wrote:publicduende, for speaking that you could get a great fanclub in turkey. turkey loves foreigners who love turkey.

though you´re points make sense, secular turks are more than afraid that the prime minister tayyip erdogan will try to form turkey to an islamic country like the iranian model.

truth is that tayyip and his akp party are not democrats though they play the system for the last ten years. hopefully he won´t be allowed to do that.
Cok tesekkurler, Billy. Why do I still believe Turkey will never pull a Khomeini? Because of two very powerful institutions guarding the secularity of the Turkish state: the military and the academia. The radicalisation of countries like Iran and Afghanistan was something that either superpower (US and Russia) had wanted as a way to backstop the other's expansion in the area. This was in the 70s and 80s. Right now we have a Russia that is embracing the geopolitics of the region with a silent nod, when not an open encouragement, from the moderate Islamic countries, while US have completely alienated themselves from the Muslim world, besides their oil-rich bosom buddies (Saudi Arabia and the Emirates).

In all this, Turkey has a great role to play. I would be neither shocked nor unhappy, if 20 years from now Turkey will become the progressive leader of the moderate Islam, playing the same cultural pivot it was playing during their Tulip Era. In the face of such degree of Western decline, you guys wouldn't really want to waste the chance.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

OK, just to stir up some more memories...

Russian and Ukranian girls: I have seen quite a few of them in Istanbul, Izmir, Bodrum and even Alanya (which is not as much of a jet-set destination for rich Turks, as Bodrum is). One thing I do remember very well, though, and it's not something that will please all of you. Turkish men like women very abundant, which by Western standards most probably means chubby or fat. 90% of the girls I saw were not just of the blonde bombshell type. They were the whole B52! :) I mean, nice faces completed ruined by excessive make-up, skimpy dresses that just couldn't contain the multiple rolls of flesh. In a few occasions they had a great pair of boobs to show off, a 36E minimum, but more often than not they had unimpressive chests and huge, chest drawer size bums, orange skin on the sides and all. It went a long way to show me how different a traditional Turk's tastes are from a European, when it comes to ladies.

I have two theories: those girls were entering Turkey as the breadstick sized hotties we all imagine, and their Turkish boyfriends and sponsors (read pimps) started to fatten them up like Xmas pigs. Or, they have always been that size and that's precisely the reason they migrated away from Europeans shores, to a place where their abundant forms could be best appreciated. Another form of arbitrage, nothing to object about that.