Why I want to leave Canada

What's your story? Discussions your reasons for going abroad.
Globus
Freshman Poster

Why I want to leave Canada

Post by Globus »

I already introduced myself but I wanted to say why I want to leave of Canada.

1. Terrible weather. Canada has some of the worst weather in the entire world. There is no single place in this country that has a nice weather. Where I live (close to Toronto) in winter the temperatures can fall below -30 degrees Celsius (-22 Fahrenheit) and the air is really dry and lots of windchill. In January I often have to shovel 50m of snow every other day. Winter also lasts very long usually from November to April. There is no spring. It basically is winter then summer. The summer is really warm and humid. Sometimes it is so humid that it feels like you are breathing in water instead of air . Fall is usually very rainy.

2.Terrible women. Canadian women are very similar to American women. Many are radical feminists that hate men and masculinity. Canadian women are also very cliquish and business alike. They are cold, don't flirt with men and expect to be left alone. Flirting with women in Canada, unless they are in your clique can get you charged with sexual harassment. Canadian women are also glued to their smartphones texting and rarely make eye contact with anyone. They even text while they are driving :shock: . Unless you belong to a specific clique in Canada meeting and interacting with women is very difficult if not impossible. Canadian women have a tendency to view males that are not part of their clique as creeps. Canadian women are also very masculine and dress bad. Canadian women are one of the main reason why I want to GTFO of Canada.

3.Busy/Workaholic society. Canada is one of the most workaholic countries of in the world. It is basically like America when it comes to working but with lower wages and higher taxes. When I was in high school a lot of people worked even though they had a lot of school work. Some even worked 2-3 jobs on top of being involved in a lot of extracurricular activities and having difficult courses. Even where I am in University a lot of people still work. Life in Canada is focused mainly on a career and working and consuming.

4. Antisocial society. Canadians may be polite but they are cold and distant. They also don't want to talk about interesting and meaningful things. Many prefer to work or to talk about weather or sports. They are also very ignorant about the rest of the world. They also lack curiosity. They want to keep to themselves and don't like mixing with other people unless it is with their clique. Canadians also like to be very independent just like Americans. It doesn't matter if you are a good intelligent guy if you don't fit into a specific clique here your social life will be almost nonexistent. Thankfully I managed to make a few friends in University.

5. Can't go anywhere without a car. Here where I live it is difficult to go shopping or somewhere else if you don't own a car.Distances are long and places are few and far between, the weather is also terrible like I already said.

6. Canada is boring. Canada is a very boring country. Just google "Canada most boring country" and you will see what I mean. All across the country there is nothing interesting to do or see other than go see a movie or go to a shopping mall or work. If you are school or university it won't be that boring, but if you are done with your education then there is almost nothing interesting to do. Cities in Canada all look the same, you won't people walking around like you would in Europe or in other countries. Canadians use their cars to get everywhere. Rarely would you see people walking. Canada has no culture and it is extremely politically correct and because of all that very boring.

7. I don't fit into the fake social culture here. I am an immigrant eastern european male currently in university. I have always felt like I don't fit or belong here. I tried to fit in but I failed. People here are very fake for my liking.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Dragon
Junior Poster

Post by Dragon »

Good points. It's very similar to the US. People can't understand the idea of less busywork and more free time. Life is short, don't waste it behind a desk doing paperwork!
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Canadian degree will travel well. The EE passport a little sketchier perhaps, if it's not EU/Schengen...

Where do you see yourself in 5 years, location-wise?
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Andrewww
Freshman Poster

Post by Andrewww »

I live in Montreal and I agree with pretty much everything. People here are work-aholics obsessed with their phones. The advantage is that you can find decent rent in this city and you can live close to the downtown area without spending a fortune. Finding people to go out with is generally easy, finding good friends is hard, next to impossible after a certain age.

Canadians are very polite but imo also the most distant people you'll ever meet. They're stuck in their own little worlds that revolve around their families and high school friends. Immigrants usually don't mix with French Canadians but they do tolerate each other, at least in the office.
terminator
Junior Poster

Post by terminator »

Andrewww wrote:I live in Montreal and I agree with pretty much everything. People here are work-aholics obsessed with their phones. The advantage is that you can find decent rent in this city and you can live close to the downtown area without spending a fortune. Finding people to go out with is generally easy, finding good friends is hard, next to impossible after a certain age.

Canadians are very polite but imo also the most distant people you'll ever meet. They're stuck in their own little worlds that revolve around their families and high school friends. Immigrants usually don't mix with French Canadians but they do tolerate each other, at least in the office.
+1 - it sounds hard to make any connections there.
Jacaré
Freshman Poster

Post by Jacaré »

I'm in Toronto and agree with 10000% of the things you mentioned. Each time I'm back here, it's like spending time in jail. After having lived in Europe, South America and Asia, each day spent in Canada/US is a day of life wasted. As simple as that.
soontobefree
Freshman Poster

Re: Why I want to leave Canada

Post by soontobefree »

Globus wrote: 2.Terrible women.
3.Busy/Workaholic society.
5. Can't go anywhere without a car.
I agree with these wholeheartedly. I'd also add the high housing/rent costs if you live around Vancouver or Toronto.
fightforlove
Junior Poster

Post by fightforlove »

Haha, OP I enjoyed reading that. Funny how liberals here in America are always raving about how great things are in Canada. Yeah, if getting p***y-whipped and experiencing testicle-shrinking cold temps is your idea of "great", I suppose.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Good points. I know a couple of guys who have gone to live in Canada. They seem to love it but the cold weather would ruin my health!

If you love Asian chicks then they'll be all over you if you're a Canadian though. Chinese girls love the idea of living in Canada for some reason.

I guess Canada is boring - it's never on the news here in the UK! Some people say the UK is boring, but if you've got money then you can get a 2hr flight to over a dozen different countries like France, Spain, Portugal, Germany etc. etc. and those would keep you interested for decades.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
panzertape
Freshman Poster

Post by panzertape »

Funny this thread, I keep thinking the same.
I'm québécois, and ever since moving to Montreal i've befriended more european expats and local anglos than french-canadians..
I speak a bit about all these things and they agree. Overall my general conclusion is that quebecers on a whole are culturally very close to the rest of the continent, just with another language and less fat. I find it just as hard to get meaningful conversations etc.

I mean, the biggest proof of this is the student protests. That shows just how deeply rooted the entitlement culture has infected QC. Ironically enough, it has mostly failed to invade the two English-language universities (one of which I attend). I rarely see other french-speaking quebecers at uni, and mostly like it that way nowadays.

There are many ups to Montreal though, I mean, as far as Canada goes, it's a great city.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Globus wrote:I already introduced myself but I wanted to say why I want to leave of Canada.

1. Terrible weather. Canada has some of the worst weather in the entire world. There is no single place in this country that has a nice weather. Where I live (close to Toronto) in winter the temperatures can fall below -30 degrees Celsius (-22 Fahrenheit) and the air is really dry and lots of windchill. In January I often have to shovel 50m of snow every other day. Winter also lasts very long usually from November to April. There is no spring. It basically is winter then summer. The summer is really warm and humid. Sometimes it is so humid that it feels like you are breathing in water instead of air . Fall is usually very rainy.

2.Terrible women. Canadian women are very similar to American women. Many are radical feminists that hate men and masculinity. Canadian women are also very cliquish and business alike. They are cold, don't flirt with men and expect to be left alone. Flirting with women in Canada, unless they are in your clique can get you charged with sexual harassment. Canadian women are also glued to their smartphones texting and rarely make eye contact with anyone. They even text while they are driving :shock: . Unless you belong to a specific clique in Canada meeting and interacting with women is very difficult if not impossible. Canadian women have a tendency to view males that are not part of their clique as creeps. Canadian women are also very masculine and dress bad. Canadian women are one of the main reason why I want to GTFO of Canada.

3.Busy/Workaholic society. Canada is one of the most workaholic countries of in the world. It is basically like America when it comes to working but with lower wages and higher taxes. When I was in high school a lot of people worked even though they had a lot of school work. Some even worked 2-3 jobs on top of being involved in a lot of extracurricular activities and having difficult courses. Even where I am in University a lot of people still work. Life in Canada is focused mainly on a career and working and consuming.

4. Antisocial society. Canadians may be polite but they are cold and distant. They also don't want to talk about interesting and meaningful things. Many prefer to work or to talk about weather or sports. They are also very ignorant about the rest of the world. They also lack curiosity. They want to keep to themselves and don't like mixing with other people unless it is with their clique. Canadians also like to be very independent just like Americans. It doesn't matter if you are a good intelligent guy if you don't fit into a specific clique here your social life will be almost nonexistent. Thankfully I managed to make a few friends in University.

5. Can't go anywhere without a car. Here where I live it is difficult to go shopping or somewhere else if you don't own a car.Distances are long and places are few and far between, the weather is also terrible like I already said.

6. Canada is boring. Canada is a very boring country. Just google "Canada most boring country" and you will see what I mean. All across the country there is nothing interesting to do or see other than go see a movie or go to a shopping mall or work. If you are school or university it won't be that boring, but if you are done with your education then there is almost nothing interesting to do. Cities in Canada all look the same, you won't people walking around like you would in Europe or in other countries. Canadians use their cars to get everywhere. Rarely would you see people walking. Canada has no culture and it is extremely politically correct and because of all that very boring.

7. I don't fit into the fake social culture here. I am an immigrant eastern european male currently in university. I have always felt like I don't fit or belong here. I tried to fit in but I failed. People here are very fake for my liking.
All of the above points are even worse if you live in Alberta. However, I don't think Canada is a boring country unless your definition of boring is meeting fat, slutty, condescending women. Canada is not a pleasant country to live in if your a normal, single, heterosexual, male, its the diet coke version of the US.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

Taco wrote:
Globus wrote:I already introduced myself but I wanted to say why I want to leave of Canada.

All of the above points are even worse if you live in Alberta. However, I don't think Canada is a boring country unless your definition of boring is meeting fat, slutty, condescending women. Canada is not a pleasant country to live in if your a normal, single, heterosexual, male, its the diet coke version of the US.
I was d.icking down White Canadian women in the park and in the backseat in Toronto and Calgary respectively so Canada isn't that boring. Pakistani people make their own great version of pizza in the Canadian province of Alberta.

Try that in the U.S. of Gay and then you would have to enlist yourself into the sex offenders registry by a virtual rolled-out red carpet.

Revert The Pervert: Black thug men should hit up Alberta; there's plenty of #@$#^&-lovers up there. Not brother lovers but youknowwhat. I say that because having a Black "bro" based on his intellectualism is not good enough for the Black-thug-loving women of Alberta.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Terrible women. Canadian women are very similar to American women. Many are radical feminists that hate men and masculinity. Canadian women are also very cliquish and business alike. They are cold, don't flirt with men and expect to be left alone. Flirting with women in Canada, unless they are in your clique can get you charged with sexual harassment. Canadian women are also glued to their smartphones texting and rarely make eye contact with anyone. They even text while they are driving :shock: . Unless you belong to a specific clique in Canada meeting and interacting with women is very difficult if not impossible. Canadian women have a tendency to view males that are not part of their clique as creeps. Canadian women are also very masculine and dress bad. Canadian women are one of the main reason why I want to GTFO of Canada.

Busy/Workaholic society. Canada is one of the most workaholic countries of in the world. It is basically like America when it comes to working but with lower wages and higher taxes. When I was in high school a lot of people worked even though they had a lot of school work. Some even worked 2-3 jobs on top of being involved in a lot of extracurricular activities and having difficult courses. Even where I am in University a lot of people still work. Life in Canada is focused mainly on a career and working and consuming.

Antisocial society. Canadians may be polite but they are cold and distant. They also don't want to talk about interesting and meaningful things. Many prefer to work or to talk about weather or sports. They are also very ignorant about the rest of the world. They also lack curiosity. They want to keep to themselves and don't like mixing with other people unless it is with their clique. Canadians also like to be very independent just like Americans. It doesn't matter if you are a good intelligent guy if you don't fit into a specific clique here your social life will be almost nonexistent. Thankfully I managed to make a few friends in University.
Hey, it sounds like you are describing the United States! From the women, to the workaholism, to the anti-social people, Canada and the US have a lot in common! :D
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
tomasz
Freshman Poster

Post by tomasz »

I live in Toronto too and sadly never really realized how boring the place is until I did some short traveling out of the country on a road trip across arizona, utah and nevada 3 years ago; it was just magically, such nice scenery where you want to just sit there and take it all in.

But just go see any travel websites or forums, and you will see majority of discussions are about Asia, Europe and Latin America. No one seems to be talking about traveling to Canada, although the US is more popular for traveling then Canada.
Globus
Freshman Poster

Post by Globus »

tomasz wrote:I live in Toronto too and sadly never really realized how boring the place is until I did some short traveling out of the country on a road trip across arizona, utah and nevada 3 years ago; it was just magically, such nice scenery where you want to just sit there and take it all in.

But just go see any travel websites or forums, and you will see majority of discussions are about Asia, Europe and Latin America. No one seems to be talking about traveling to Canada, although the US is more popular for traveling then Canada.
Yeah Canada is probably one of the most boring countries in the world. There is nothing interesting to do and see except maybe the Niagara Falls and old Quebec City. All life in Canada consists of is driving, working, shopping, taking some courses, etc. Cities in Canada all look the same and are very bland, boring, and have nothing unique about them.