Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Why theres no real singles scene in America, only Abroad

What's your story? Discussions your reasons for going abroad.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Re: Why theres no real singles scene in America, only Abroad

Postby MattHanson1990 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:28 pm

Slick wrote:Plus in many places of the U.S., there's mainly fifty year old grandmas or high school girls. Not much with the 21 to 49 crowd especially when there's 20 percent more single men than women.

Where I'm at stateside, there are virtually no single women; and even the leftovers get snagged off the market. With that said, the social scene is extremely isolating that making new friends is definitely impossible. Even in churches, people still huddle in their cliques and ignore strangers. And even if you have connecting friends currently living in the area, it won't really open doors for you socially. The best scenario is making superficial acquaintances from a meetup.com event.

In contrast, I lived in Guanajuato, Mexico for a month, and it was like night and day from Los Alamos. People were more humble, down to earth, laid back and non-judgmental, but they tended to be a little reserved or shy. However, making friends was a cakewalk in most cases, and I got 3 dates in a span of less than a month. In fact, I didn't need social circle to make new friends or get dates where I was at in Mexico. But once I built social circles, it really opened doors for me socially.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Postby jamesbond » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:27 am

Slick wrote:Plus in many places of the U.S., there's mainly fifty year old grandmas or high school girls. Not much with the 21 to 49 crowd especially when there's 20 percent more single men than women.

Exactly, I live in the suburbs and all I see are married women (and the occasional single mother). I virtually see NO single women at all, it's like living in the twilight zone! :shock:
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby droid » Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:38 am

jamesbond wrote:

Exactly, I live in the suburbs and all I see are married women (and the occasional single mother). I virtually see NO single women at all, it's like living in the twilight zone! :shock:

They turn 18 and instantly go into hiding, by making a burrow in the forest and webbing a silk cocoon around themselves (pupa). Then slowly meta-morph during 30 years to reach their final form and then hatch.

:lol: I'm not making this up
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
droid
Veteran Poster

Postby Cornfed » Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:55 am

Or to put it another way, a lot of attractive young females go off to become corporate whores of various kinds in major cities, only re-entering suburbia when they are used-up middle-aged cat ladies.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby jamesbond » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:40 am

MattHanson1990 wrote:

Where I'm at stateside, there are virtually no single women; and even the leftovers get snagged off the market. With that said, the social scene is extremely isolating that making new friends is definitely impossible. Even in churches, people still huddle in their cliques and ignore strangers.

I have gone to some church events in the past and the people were not friendly and only hung out with their establish group of friends. This occurs in churches in America, it's unbelievable. :roll:
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby droid » Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:32 pm

jamesbond wrote:
MattHanson1990 wrote:

Where I'm at stateside, there are virtually no single women; and even the leftovers get snagged off the market. With that said, the social scene is extremely isolating that making new friends is definitely impossible. Even in churches, people still huddle in their cliques and ignore strangers.

I have gone to some church events in the past and the people were not friendly and only hung out with their establish group of friends. This occurs in churches in America, it's unbelievable. :roll:

Exactly, i tried that a few times years back, to be a soul 'mark', and it sucked.
And of course, due to the country-wide surplus of chumps, any girl under 160 would easily have her jock, despite talk of spirituality, bible studies etc LMAO

Pack up dudes! :lol:
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
droid
Veteran Poster

Postby Slick » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:15 am

jamesbond wrote:They turn 18 and instantly go into hiding, by making a burrow in the forest and webbing a silk cocoon around themselves

Or they hide in a world which they focus on their education and become corporate whores. They continue to hide in that world until they start having kids and start their families.
Slick
Freshman Poster

Postby Adama » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:28 am

jamesbond wrote:
MattHanson1990 wrote:

That's because you're going to churches full of non-believers (they don't believe the Bible, only what their establishment tells them, which is wrong). Search out a Bible believing church which believes that faith alone in Jesus is what saves, that salvation can't be lost because it is a gift which by definition is not earned and therefore can't be lost, and that it isn't about works of self-righteousness or by keeping the law, but by faith in Christ's sacrifice that washes us free of sin. Go to a church filled with believers, not practitioners of the law.

You find one of those churches and they will keep inviting you back to all kinds of events. I've had people I've known for a day invite me to become a camp counselor and other positions within the church. They are always getting together after church to eat together too. And the three that I have been to near me so far have single women in them (although I don't think any of them were made for me).
Look for women who automatically want to please you because it pleases them. Any woman who seeks to please her man is a treasure. Even better if you don't have to ask but rather suggest.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Previous

Return to Why Go Abroad? Tell Your Story and Reasons